1. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA HUNTINGTON BEACH JANE DOE: W/HF, 20-30, throat slashed - March 1968 - possibly from NY

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Bobby88, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Bobby88

Bobby88 Member

[​IMG]
    Date of Discovery: March 14, 1968
    Location of Discovery: Huntington Beach, Orange County, California
    Estimated Date of Death: Less than 24 hours prior
    State of Remains: Recognizable face
    Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
    Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
    Race: White and/or Hispanic
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 130 to 140 lbs.
    Hair: Dark brown, shoulder length
    Eye Color: Brown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Medium build, well-nourished, and well-developed. Pierced ears. Blood type O Negative.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available. Teeth in poor condition with several caries and no restorations. Missing several back upper and lower teeth. Her front teeth were somewhat crooked.
    Fingerprints: Available.
    DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Black flat Owego loafers, black three-quarter length imitation leather coat, purple capri pants, and a white floral long-sleeved blouse. Most of the clothing was only available in upstate New York at the time.
    Jewelry: Inexpensive silver-colored ring with a light blue square stone worn on her left ring finger.
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
    The victim was located in an empty field near Yorktown Avenue and Newland Street in Huntington Beach.

Police theorize that she got in a car with a man somewhere locally and the pair drove to a large field used for farming. The man parked the car and the pair talked while the man smoked, dropping a cigarette butt onto the dirt. Then he sexually assaulted her, and when she resisted, he punched her in the face.

After the attack, the victim was pulled from the car and her throat slit. She was dragged to a nearby drainage ditch and abandoned around midnight.

Police recieved a tip in 2011 that the sketch of the victim resembled a friend of hers that disappeared in 1968, with the first name "Rosie" and an "Italian" last name. Rosie had apparently worked at "The Circus Room" bar in Long Beach. "Rosie" was originally from New York and spoke with a heavy "New York" accent.

"Rosie" may have been native to either the Bronx or Brooklyn, New York and also had a two-year-old son nicknamed "John-John."

DNA results from the cigarette butt found by the body were entered into CODIS as an attempt to idenify the killer but turned up no matches.

Authorities speculate that the woman could be a victim of a serial killer.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/457ufca.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They mention that this lady could have been the victim of a serial killer. I wonder if police had a specific killer in mind whose M.O. resembled the way this Jane Doe was killed, or if they're basing it on something else that they can't divulge. The term "serial killer" wasn't really a thing until the 1980s, so I'm wondering if that theory is a newer one that came from more recent investigation.

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...given-hope-to-finding-her-identity-soon.4568/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
    Whatsnext, GarAndMo49 and spike like this.
  2. Bobby88

Bobby88 Member

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2011/01/jane-doe-1968.html

This page has some decent articles from the time of the murder. From what I understand, Rhonda Fisher, one of the women who was suggested to be the Jane Doe, was soon found alive and well. But in 1972, a friend of a woman named Teresa Mae Tippett suggested her as a possible match. This match was said to be inconclusive. So I guess my question is did they ever actually find this Teresa? Whenever I run a search on her name, most of the links come back to pages related to our Jane Doe.

They also bring up that Teresa also went by the name Mattie Meeker, which makes me wonder if she could have been involved in some type of illegal activity. If she was and turned out to be our Jane Doe after all, could one of her criminal associates have killed her?

3. Relentless1

Relentless1 New Member

This thread is missing the information about the purse that was found near the victims body. The purse contained several photos that the police believe did not belong to the victim. The police were able to locate the people in the photos and they concluded that the people in the photos had no connection to the crime.

I discovered that I also know who the people are in the photos. I discovered the case when I was researching a person that I believe committed crimes in the 1960's. I knew this person was living and working in the area during the time and I began to search for unsolved murders that he could have been connected to. That's when I came across the photos of his step-sons that were connected to this case that were in that purse. I've contacted the police with the information I have. Hopefully a break in the case will come soon.

KareBear, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That is fascinating! Thank you so much for posting this information. Please keep us in the loop!

:welcome:

KareBear and Paradise like this.