1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Identified persons - side by side composites & located matches

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Jun 17, 2015.

1. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

As bad as this looks the nose is the same and the forehead. I think if he (the artist) would have made the cheeks fuller and lips smaller it would have resembled the deceased more.
    The recreation is made to look much older than the victim. IMHO.
    I'm glad she was Identified and has her name back .

MULDER, Paradise, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

I am noticing that the composite sculptures seem to end up with very strong prominent jaws.
    Many famous male sculptors created images of women with very masculine features...Michelangelo for example.
    In art, it is forgivable. However, in creating a likeness of a missing human being it would seem that as close to perfection in detail is a must.
    Just an observation. IMO.

3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Sonja Kaye Blair-Adams
    Harland, Kentucky

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KareBear, GarAndMo49, MULDER and 6 others like this.
  4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

GarAndMo49, MULDER, spike and 4 others like this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

MULDER, Takeitfromme, spike and 6 others like this.
  6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Liana Waldberg aka Elaine Yates, 69, was arrested in Houston after allegedly kidnapping her daughters in 1985.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

KareBear, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 6 others like this.
  7. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I heard!!! That was a good catch and good work...

MULDER, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Not bad, but the age progression doesn't show a woman in her late 60s to me. Age-progression looks much younger, maybe 40s. But its supposedly circa 2014.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

amandaberry2.png
    Amanda Berry.

ginaa.jpg h.jpe
    Gina Dejesus

GarAndMo49, MULDER, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  10. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ah...found-age-progression-images/story?id=8830185
    ht_aric_091014_main.jpg
    Aric Austin went missing in 1981 just shy of being two months old, left. The NCMEC created an age-progression composite of what he might look like in his late teens or early 20s, center. A federal investigator recognized Austin and reunited him with his mother when he was 22. Austin was abducted by his non-custodial father when he was just shy of 2 months old from his mother in Vancouver, Wash. in 1981. Twenty-one years later, a U.S. Department of Education investigator working on a case involving fraudulent birth certificates recognized Austin's driver's license photo from an age-progression image. In 2003, when he was 22 years old, Austin was reunited with his mother.

ht_sarah_eghbal_brinn_091014_main.jpg
    Age-progression technology also was instrumental in the recovery of Sara Eghbal-Brin, a three-year-old girl abducted from her mother at knife point in France in 1999 and found in Canada three years later.
    This image of Sara Eghbal-Brin shows the girl when she went missing at age 3 in France, left. The center image shows a composite of what forensic artists believed she might look like at age 7. The photo at right shows the girl at age 8 after she was recovered.

French authorities contacted the NCMEC and said they believed the girl was somewhere in North America. In February 2002, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer pulled over a car and recognized the girl in back seat.

ht_joseph_091014_main.jpg
    Dissemination of images to the public was critical in the recovery of Joseph Carson, who went missing in Phoenix in 1998 when he was 3 years old.
    Joseph Carson went missing in Phoenix when he was 3 years old. A customer at a local auto parts store saw the age-progression composite, center, created by the NCMEC and contacted authorities. The image on the right shows Joseph after he was recovered at age 9.

A customer at a local auto parts store recognized the age-progression image that was being shown on a screen in the shop that featured missing children and contacted authorities. In 2003, when he was 9, Joseph was reunited with his mother.

"The goal of using this technology is to keep the case alive and provide hope to the families," Allen said. "The world forgets, police run out of leads, the media spotlight fades, but with enough science and persistence we hope to stimulate the public and that they'll call us with information."

11. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Age progression is much better than reconstructions. I am sure that it is much easier when you have a known photo and other family members to look at. I do think that reconstructions are getting better with technology and experience.

KareBear, Dobrev, MULDER and 9 others like this.
  12. Takeitfromme

I agree

13. Takeitfromme

The composite of Bella Bond aka Deer Island Baby Doe.,.. If they had drawn her hair a bit darker, eyebrows to and added a composite with her hair up in a lil pony tail it would have been the most perfect UID composite I had ever seen. It was very very close tho

Dobrev, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 5 others like this.
  14. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Some more...

savannah.jpg
    Savannah Harris Todd was abducted by her mother April 24, 1994 from Isle of Palms, South Carolina. She was found safe in 2013 living on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.

savanna-harris-todd-photos-2.jpg

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

hornbeck.jpg
    Shawn Hornbeck was eleven years old on October 6, 2002, when he was kidnapped while riding his bicycle near his home in Richwoods, Missouri. He was missing for over four years before being discovered on January 12, 2007. He had been kidnapped by Michael J. Devlin.

UOEnjlp.jpg
    Another age progression.

Attached Files:

KareBear, MULDER, GarAndMo49 and 4 others like this.
  16. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://mysteryu.com/age-progression-photos/
    connie.jpg
    When she was 16, Connie McCallister was allegedly drugged by her 22 year old boyfriend and taken to Mexico. She spent the next nine years trapped in Mexico, abused by her boyfriend. She eventually married another man and had three daughters with him. It was a meeting with an American missionary that led to Connie making her way back home. Her age progression photo has many similarities to her found photo, minus the glasses and change in hair.

dugard2.jpg
    stevecarter.jpg
    Marx Panama Barnes was kidnapped by his mother at age 6 months. She eventually abandoned him and he was adopted by the Carter family. Steve was suspicious about his adoption and so he began searching online. It was when he came across a missing persons website and saw his age progression photo that he realized that Marx Panama Barnes was really him. The similarities are incredibly accurate especially when you consider a photo of an infant was used.

17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I appreciate the hard work these artists do to solve cases. However, with this one, I never ever would have put the two together.

18. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

These are remarkable!

GarAndMo49, MULDER, patsella and 2 others like this.
  19. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Me either. The nose and eyes somewhat. I wonder if the artist would try a couple of different hair colors and styles if it would have helped. But the woman on the right is much older looking
    than the age progression. Also, the progression has a much fuller face than actual. I'm not criticizing just an observation. Some of the above look very close, very well done.

20. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

They were off on her nose and overall face length. Her face had not changed near as much as they presumed.

patsella, MULDER and Akoya like this.