1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NY IRONDEQUOIT JANE DOE: WF, 14-23, found in Monroe County, NY - 31 July 1988

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Akoya, Jan 18, 2017.

1. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will jar someone's memory! Unfortunately, I feel the only way this case will be solved is by the DNA Doe Project or another agency that uses like techniques. I always come back to this case. Something about it keeps me intrigued. Cases where the estimated dates of death are so large keep me coming back for some reason. The estimate for her is 1958 to 1978. I still feel that she lived in that neighborhood she was found behind or was visiting someone in that neighborhood. Thanks for the update Coffeenator.

Kimster likes this.
  3. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

Skeletal remains were found buried in a quiet Irondequoit neighborhood on July 31, 1988. More than 30 years later, the young woman has never been identified.

News10NBC's Nikki Rudd found out new testing is being done that could identify the victim who has only been known as "Irondequoit Jane Doe."

A boy found the bones while playing in his backyard on Bay Knoll Drive. News10NBC interviewed him back in 1988.

"My dad was gardening, and he told me please stay out of the way. So to keep yourself occupied go dig a hole," said then-12-year-old Richard Pryzgoda. "So I was digging a hole and after I got down about two feet, I came across some bones."

The home backs up to Irondequoit Bay.

"It's just a place where the kids, I know they're safe, and I know they're occupying their time," said Richard's mother after the remains were found. "Little did we know that we could actually find parts of a human body back here."

Fast forward 31 years, we still don't know who this young woman was.

"It was ruled a suspicious death possibly a homicide," said Irondequoit Police Captain Mark Bean.

He says there were no signs of trauma. Bean also showed News10NBC pictures never released before from the scene.

"She was buried in a head down first type thing where her head was placed in first. Her back and legs were above her head," described Bean.

Investigators believe the body had been there for years. Possibly as early as the late 1950s to the late 1970s. The victim was estimated to be between 15 and 21 years old. She was about 5'1" to 5'4". Her teeth revealed some key details.

"There was gold foil restoration on the teeth as well as her two front teeth were somewhat crossed a little bit," said Bean.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a new composite of the victim. Police hope someone will recognize her.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.whec.com/news/inside-the-evidence-irondequoit-jane-doe/5327066/

Web Extra: https://www.whec.com/news/web-extra-skeletal-remains-found-in-irondequoit/5328745/?cat=565

Kimster likes this.
  4. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

Doe Network recently updated her page as well.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html

122UFNY - Unidentified Female
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Reconstructions of the victim; close up of teeth.

Date of Discovery: July 31, 1988
    Location of Discovery: Irondequoit, Monroe County, New York
    Estimated Date of Death: 10-30 years prior (1958-1978)
    State of Remains: Skeletal
    Cause of Death: Undetermined, considered suspicious

Physical Description
    Estimated Age: 14-23 years old
    Race: White
    Sex: Female
    Height: 4'10" to 5'5"
    Weight: Unknown
    Hair Color: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: No signs of prior trauma or injury.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available. Significant dental restorations using gold foil at 7, 8, 9, 10. Front teeth overlapped.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: None.
    Jewelry: None.
    Additional Personal Items: Four white buttons were found at the time of recovery.

Circumstances of Discovery
    The victim's skeletal remains were located in a shallow grave behind 130 Bay Knoll Drive. She was discovered by young boy who was digging at the rear of his property.

The area is adjacent to Irondequoit Bay. The yard backs up to a steep hill overlooking a valley.

She had been buried head-first in the grave. Authorities have classified her death as suspicious.

Further testing is underway to estimate how long ago she died and where she possibly originated from.

Investigating Agency(s)
    Agency Name: Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office
    Agency Contact Person: Robert Zerby
    Agency Phone Number: 585-753-5905 or 585-753-5914
    Agency E-Mail: N/A
    Agency Case Number: 88-01132

Agency Name: Irondequoit Police Department
    Agency Contact Person: N/A
    Agency Phone Number: 585-336-6016
    Agency E-Mail: crimetip(at)troopers.state.ny.us
    Agency Case Number: 65539

NCIC Case Number: U340558028
    NamUs Case Number: 2607
    NCMEC Case Number: 110680

Information Source(s)
    NamUs
    NCMEC
    New York State Troopers
    WHEC
    Democrat and Chronicle
    Monroe County Medical Examiner

Admin Notes
    Added: Prior to 2001; Last Updated: 4/25/19

Kimster likes this.
  5. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

I am glad she continues to get exposure. Hopefully they will know more about her here shortly when the tests are complete and they can put a better estimate on where she was from and when she passed.

Kimster likes this.