1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

GA JAKE DEWITT CONNER: Missing from Fargo, GA - 1 Feb 2017 - Age 30 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 14, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

GBI offers $10K reward for information on missing Fargo man

[​IMG]

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is upping the stakes to find a man missing since February. A news release says the bureau now offers a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the location of 30-year-old Jacob “Jake” Dewitt Conner.

As News 3 reported, Conner went missing from a work site near Fargo, Georgia on February 1. He was last seen around Score Bridge Road and Plumb Bush Road at about 4 p.m.

Conner’s mother spoke exclusively to WRBL News 3 back in February. She says as a father of a 6-month-old, her son would never just up and disappear.

“I just know in my heart of hearts, because of what he was telling me was going on, that someone has taken my son from me,” says Donna Conner-White.

http://wrbl.com/2017/03/14/gbi-offers-10k-reward-for-information-on-missing-fargo-man/

Search Is Continuing For Conner

Jacob DeWitt Conner, 31, a logger, was reported missing from a job site and the search through wet swamps and thick woods for any sign of him is continuing daily, said a spokesman for the Clinch County Sheriff’s Department.

“They still have not found anything through searching yesterday,” the spokesman said this morning. “They are already back out there this morning, but with the storm coming in I don’t know how long they will be out there. The area they are searching is very swampy. You can be ankle-deep in mud and first thing you know, you’re nearly up to your waist.”

Clinch County Sheriff Raymond Peterson, who took office Jan. 1, “remains hopeful that Conner will be found alive,” the spokesman said, “but with each passing day it looks worse for him. They have not found anything, no clothes, no shoes, only a cell phone on the tractor.”

Conner was reported missing Feb. 1 while on a logging job between Homerville and Fargo. Peterson has said foul play is suspected in his disappearance. He declined to elaborate.

http://wjhnews.com/search-is-continuing-for-conner/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...sing-from-georgia-since-feb-2017-reward.2084/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    spike and Kimster like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

This is down the road from me.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother of missing man fears she 'may never see him again'

The mother of a missing Georgia man pleaded for help Thursday, telling News4Jax that she's terrified her 30-year-old son has been killed.

Jacob "Jake" Dewitt Conner, a former firefighter, was last seen around Score Bridge Road and Plumb Bush Road near Fargo, Georgia, on Feb. 1. Conner’s co-workers reported him missing from their job site around 4 p.m. Law enforcement agencies, along with family and friends, have searched for Conner since his disappearance.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to his location, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

“I'm concerned that I may never see him again,” Conner's mother, Donna White, said. “I don't ever sleep at night. I have never slept at night since it happened. I lost my job.”

White said she's had a bad feeling about her son's disappearance from the beginning.

White said Conner moved to Fargo to work for his father's logging company, and he was deep in the woods when he disappeared.

“The boys realized that Jake had went a different way, and they lost track of his tractor,” White said.

Conner's co-workers found his tractor tipped over but no sign of him. Conner left behind his cellphone, wallet and keys.

White said she doesn't believe her son would intentionally leave, because he has a newborn daughter.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/georgia/10000-reward-to-find-fargo-man-missing-since-feb-1

spike likes this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Reward increased for information leading to missing man

A reward for information that leads to finding Jacob “Jake” Dewitt Conner has been increased to $15,000.

The Clinch County Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation continue to investigate Conner’s disappearance which occurred on February 1, 2017.

Public safety personnel and civilians have conducted multiple searches of the area on land, by air, and in water.

http://valdostatoday.com/2017/05/reward-increased-for-information-leading-to-missing-man/

spike and Jay like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Are Clinch Co. remains those of a missing man?

On New Year's day, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request by the Clinch County Sheriff’s Office to assist with the recovery of human remains.

About 3:00 that afternoon, the Clinch County Sheriff’s Office received a report that human remains were located in a very remote wooded area near Fargo, in Clinch County.

The remains will be transported to the GBI Crime Lab for identification, but it could be weeks or months before a positive ID is made.

This is the area where Jacob Dewitt Conner was reported missing by co-workers from his job site, near the intersection of Score Bridge Road and Plumb Bush Road, in Clinch County, on February 3, 2017

http://www.walb.com/story/37201603/are-clinch-co-remains-those-of-a-missing-man

Kimster likes this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Human remains found in South Georgia identified as man missing for 3 years

Authorities say human remains found in dense woods in rural south Georgia have been identified as those of a man missing for nearly three years.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent Mark Pro said Wednesday that DNA testing confirmed skeletal remains found in Clinch County belong to 30-year-old Jake Dewitt Conner of Fargo.

https://www.wrbl.com/top-stories/hu...eorgia-identified-as-man-missing-for-3-years/

Clinch Co. remains identified as missing man

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) announced Wednesday that the remains of a man found in dense forest nearly two years ago, have been positively identified as those of a man who went missing in 2017.

GBI Agent Park Pro told WALB that the remains belong to Jacob “Jake” Dewitt Conner, 30, of Fargo. They were confirmed through a DNA test.

Pro would give no details about whether such clothing was found in the area, only that the remains were skeletal. He would not speculate on a cause of death and said that he would be meeting with Conner’s family soon.

https://www.walb.com/2019/10/09/clinch-co-remains-identified-missing-man/