1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX JANE DOE: F, 2-6, found in suitcase in Madisonville, TX - 17 Sept 2016 - special needs child

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2010 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Face of special needs girl, whose body was found in Texas suitcase, imagined using digital reconstruction

[​IMG]

Investigators could be one step closer to identifying a deceased special needs child after the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released computer renderings of the victim to the public on Wednesday.

The girl's remains were found in a black suitcase Sept. 17, 2016 near the 7800 block of I-45 north in Madisonville, Texas. The medical examiner believes the child was between 2 and 6 years of age. The dark-haired child's race is indistinguishable, but she may be white or Hispanic.

She was found wearing a pink dress and a diaper. She also had a feeding tube.

Investigators suspect she suffered from micrognathia, which would have affected her ability to eat on her own. Examiners suspect she would have likely needed professional medical care throughout her life.

While she was found in Texas, a pollen analysis completed on her remains suggests she was from the southwest U.S. or the adjacent region in Mexico. It’s even more likely she was from southeast Arizona.

http://cw39.com/2017/09/15/face-of-...itcase-imagined-using-digital-reconstruction/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...e-imagined-using-digital-reconstruction.2717/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
    Akoya and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Tucson woman claims the remains of a child found in Texas resemble granddaughter

The remains of an unidentified child were found in Texas a year ago.

A composite of the child was released on Thursday by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children .

While she was found in Texas, a pollen analysis completed on the remains suggested she was from the Southwest U.S. or Mexico. It's even more likely she was from Southeast Arizona.

One Tucson grandmother reached out to News 4 Tucson saying the composite resembles her granddaughter.

Then she saw the composite, and she said it resembled her granddaughter.

She showed us pictures of her granddaughter, for legal reasons News 4 Tucson isn't showing them, but we saw them, and compared the photos to the composite and there is a resemblance.

The last time Lopez saw her granddaughter was in 2015.

The remains were found a year later.

The age of the child found between two and six.

Her granddaughter born in 2009 would've been seven.

The granddaughter was taken by the Department of Child Services from the mother, and the rights were severed leaving Lopez with no information on the child's whereabouts. She thinks of the little girl every day and then to hear something like this is more emotionally disturbing to her.

She claimed she called the Center for Missing and Exploited Children four times with no avail. "All I wanted to ask was to see if it could be my granddaughter and they told me no. They said they couldn't assist me. That right there tore and broke my heart."

She wouldn't give up and called a fifth time while we were there. Someone finally took down her information which included having DNA from clothing that belonged to her granddaughter.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/36380170/...a-child-found-in-texas-resemble-granddaughter

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I wonder why it took so many times for NCMEC to take her seriously? I wonder if they need help with the tip line?

Akoya, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Despite the NCMEC reconstruction photo, I can't find her listed with NCMEC.

She is listed with NamUs - https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15905

There is an EXCLUSION listed on NamUs that has the same last name as the grandmother mentioned in the above article. That little girl isn't actually listed on NamUs but her name is in the Exclusions. Looks like she was ruled out. Hoping that she was found safe.

[​IMG]

Remains of a female child with a feeding tube found inside a suitcase in a pasture next to highway. Child may be from Texas, Mexico, Arizona, Mew Mexico, or possibly California.

The lower jaw would have been smaller than the rest of her face, causing a receded chin and was most likely unable to close her mouth. The skull was deformed and flattened on one side. The girl's head and face would have been asymmetrical. The left side of her face would have been more prominent.

spike and Akoya like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Two years now and still unnamed. :(

Akoya likes this.
  6. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Same kind of thing happened here with Precious Doe. Grandfather had called the hotline multiple times before taken seriously by an outsider that basically demanded they listen to him.

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  7. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I have looked into this case extensively. I have even spoke with the chief of police in charge of this case and he was extremely helpful. I'm going to look through what I have and post here shortly.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  8. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

It was a gruesome discovery: a little girl found dead in Madisonville, Texas last September, but new information in the case reveals she could have been from New Mexico.

It was in September 2016 when investigators said two farmers found the body of a little girl inside a suitcase, wrapped in garbage bags. There were two important clues left inside: a feeding tube and pollen grains found in two states, one of them being New Mexico.

Madison County Sheriff Travis Neeley said the little girl was between the ages of 2 and 6, and likely had a condition called micrognathia, meaning the lower jaw is small, which would have made it hard for her to eat.

The chief investigator with the sheriff's office, Larry Shiver, told KRQE News 13 the Department of Homeland Security did an analysis of pollen grains found on the girl's body and inside the suitcase. He said they were able to pinpoint that the girl they found likely came from New Mexico or Arizona.

https://www.krqe.com/news/investiga...e-from-new-mexico_20180104025317723/900266059

9. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

All released pictures and composites:

Madison Composite Sketch.png Madison Composite Sketch #2.png Madison's Dress.jpg Suitcase Madison Was Found In.jpg

10. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15905

Case Report - NamUs UP # 15905

Case Information
    Status Unidentified
    Case number 16-16341
    Date found September 17, 2016 17:45

Demographics
    Estimated age PreAdolescent
    Minimum age 2 years
    Maximum age 5 years
    Race Unsure
    Ethnicity
    Sex Unsure
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death 2016 to 2016

Estimated postmortem interval 4 Months

Circumstances
    Remains of a child found in a pasture next to highway.

Physical
    Hair color Black
    Hair color could also be brown

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
    Right eye color Unknown or Missing

Medical
    Medical implants
    MIC-KEY G-tube

Fingerprints

Clothing and Accessories
    No clothing or accessories
    Clothing and accessories are described below
    Clothing on body
    Pink dress (size 4T, Brand "Mon Petit)) with colorfully embroidered butterflies and the words "Follow Your Dreams"

Size 4 Diaper - "Parent's Choice" brand

Other items found
    with body
    military issued camo shirt (desert digital pattern)
    Silver child's bedspread
    Grey adult sweatshirt
    Small green blanket

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
    DNA

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  11. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

There were some comments that popped up onto an article for this case suggesting a name of the mother. LE confirmed to me that they had seen the comments at the time so I am assuming that was a negative when investigated.

Kimster likes this.
  12. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Description:

2 to 6 year old Caucasian or Hispanic female with black/brown hair, which is more than a foot long/past the shoulders (about 16 inches)
    Had medical apparatus found in her that is commonly used with a feeding tube - MIC-KEY G-tube.
    The lower jaw would have been smaller than the rest of her face, causing a receded chin and was most likely unable to close her mouth.
    The skull was deformed and flattened on one side. The girl's head and face would have been asymmetrical. The left side of her face would have been more prominent.
    Possible Micrognathia, which would have affected her ability to eat on her own.
    Likely would have had medical care throughout her life.
    Mic-Key 14 FR 1.2 cm feeding tube inscribed with "AA4069F02." The feeding tube would've had to have been surgically implanted initially and could be changed at home quarterly.
    Found September 17, 2016 about 40 feet from an Interstate 45 feeder road (7500 Blk I-45 North) in Madison County, TX about 85 miles northwest of Houston.

Child may be from Texas, Mexico, Arizona, New Mexico, or possibly California.

She was located in a black suitcase (pictured) by someone who was mowing grass.
    It is likely she was dumped months prior to her discovery.
    Death has been ruled a homicide.
    No signs of trauma on the badly decomposed body. No cause of death determined.
    All parts recovered.

NAMUS:
    Dental available.
    Finger print not available.
    Cannot estimate weight or height.
    Skeletal frame was underdeveloped.

Clothing found on body:
    Pink dress (size 4T, Brand "Mon Petit)) with colorfully embroidered butterflies and the words "Follow Your Dreams" – Sold at Walmart & Kmart

Size 4 Diaper - "Parent's Choice" brand – Can be purchased at Walmart & Amazon.

Other items found with Madison:
    Military issued camo shirt (desert digital pattern)
    Silver child's bedspread
    Grey adult sweatshirt
    Small green blanket

RULED OUT:
    Amaya Arretta-Lopez
    Myrisha Campbell
    Shelby Roberts

Craniosynostosis?

Treacher Collins?

El Paso?
    Fort Bliss - near El Paso Texas, New Mexico and Mexico.
    http://www.military.com/base-guide/fort-bliss
    Other Army bases in TX
    http://armybases.us/texas/

New Mexico
    http://armybases.us/newmexico/

Arizona
    http://armybases.us/arizona/

13. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Considering the way that Madison was dumped, I don't think she died accidentally. And I don't think there was much love for her when she was alive. Typically, this is the case when bodies are dumped as opposed to being buried. I think her parents are behind her death and maybe they haven't come forward because 1. they want to get away with their crimes and 2. because they want to continue to claim money for her.

14. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Better pictures:

Untitled.png Untitled1.png

15. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

It looks like the tag on the suitcase says "eBags"

www.ebags.com

I spoke to eBags who confirmed that they do not sell them in retail stores. Their items are online only. Obviously, as this suitcase looks like an older style, that might not have been the case for this particular item.

16. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I'm just going over my conversation with the sheriff for this case and he told me (at the time) that the FBI had been involved with the case for 6 months, so they have been involved for around 18 months by now.

He said (again, everything is at the time) they had been able to eliminate 39 different children from the case as being Madison Doe.

I asked for pictures of the items that they had found her with and they did not have pictures other than a picture of her dress and the suitcase. Although, he said that they had been looked into and they were found to be mass produced items. Items that didn't help them to get any closer in finding out who Madison was.

This is what he said regarding the feeding tube:
    The feeding tube found with the child was imprinted with a lot number, not a serial number and these type of tubes are changed on a regular basis by the parents of the child. The original placement of the tube is done by a medical doctor but due to daily uses such as clogging, infections and so forth the tubes are designed for ease of replacement and the documentation of the tubes is not rigidly done.

17. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

18. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

That's all I have on Madison, I think.

19. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Was her death ruled a homicide or complications from her illness? Or do they know?

Dobrev and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  20. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that they have not been able to determine the cause of death due to the decomposition of the body when she was found. But that it is presumed nefarious due to her being dumped.

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.