1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

JANIYA THOMAS: State of Florida vs. Keishanna Thomas for killing daughter, 11 *GUILTY PLEA*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by noZme, Oct 18, 2015.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Bradenton:
    Mother, Keishanna Thomas' arrest history include charges of violation of probation and prostitution. Janiya Thomas was not in her mother's apartment in the West Bradenton apartment complex Village at Cortez, 4880 51st St. W., when the Manatee County Sheriff's Office Child Protective Investigations arrived Friday to remove her and four siblings from the home, according to Bradenton Police Lt. James Racky. Investigators only found herfour children -- ages 15, 12, 9 and 2 -- when they arrived.

"She has not been in school," Racky said. "We have no record of anyone seeing her."
    "If she is with any family member, or if anyone knows any information about her whereabouts, we need to get information right away," Racky said. "We hate to say it, but we want to make sure she is alive."

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39620562.html#storylink=cpy

1018_brlo_MISSING.jpg

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/janiya-thomas-missing-from-florida.920/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 5 others like this.
  2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Surely the older siblings can provide some insight. If this child vanished more than a year ago, why didn't the schools question her disappearance ? Wouldn't Janiya have attended the same schools as the now 9 & 11 year olds? Wouldn't a teacher or administrator have realized one of the family was not re-enrolled or attending?

I'll bet dollars to donuts, Keishanna Thomas was getting public assistance for every child. I have no idea what can be done to provide more checks, but the system is not working now.

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 6 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Same questions I have. I'm praying she is being care for elsewhere. I'm fearing she was traded for drugs. :tears:

Lily, spike, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Not another one!!! I should really stop being surprised that this keeps happening I guess... It's been over a YEAR, and NOBODY thought, "Hey, I wonder where Janiya is?"

Janiya Thomas has not been seen August of 2014, according to Bradenton police.

Authorities first learned of her disappearance on Friday, when the Manatee County Sheriff's Office Child Protective Service went to her mother's west Bradenton apartment to remove Janiya and her four siblings from the home.

Authorities were removing the children because of a child abuse complaint that was filed in late September. Police said a previous complaint showed that Thomas had five children, including Janiya.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/34983433-story

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 4 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

UPDATE: 11-year-old Bradenton girl still missing

UPDATE Authorities on Sunday continued searching for an 11-year-old girl whose mother refuses to disclose any information about her possible whereabouts.

Lt. James Racky of Bradenton Police said Sunday that he had no updates and did not provide information about possible relatives of the child.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151017/ARTICLE/151019685

Lily, spike, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  7. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

This is just awful and I fear the worst. What a beautiful young lady. These kids deserve better. I hope that she is found safe and sound, but that does not seem likely. I hope that her siblings now get a second chance at life. :(

8. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/35543153-story

This family had previously been "noticed" by CPS. ~ Authorities were removing the children because of a child abuse complaint that was filed in late September. Police said a previous complaint showed that 31 year old Keishanna Thomas had five children, including Janiya... According to court records, Thomas has been arrested for violating probation and prostitution in the past.

If she had told where the child is, she may not have been arrested this week. I don't see any way for Janiya to be alive. The other children must have been threatened into silence. I mean, they may not know what happened to their sister, but they couldn't tell anyone she was gone.

Thomas must have been 14 when she became pregnant with the 1st baby. There's your 1st problem - children having children. IMO.

Lily, spike, Takeitfromme and 3 others like this.
  9. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

Lily, walkie-talkie, daisy7 and 5 others like this.
  10. Kimster

Lily, spike and STEADFAST like this.
  11. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Lily and spike like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

13. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 4 others like this.
  14. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

This was while I was sleeping. I heard about this case during supper last night.... my daughter is Janiya's age.... so awful

Lily, spike and Kimster like this.
  15. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

She probably shut her family completely out until Wednesday....... OMG how devastated they must be, how ANGRY they must be.... this woman is a total piece of crap! That little girl had medical issues and needed to see her doctor I'm sure WAY more than she ever actually did.... sickening!!! CPS failed this girl and her siblings.....

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 6 others like this.
  16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

It all began when one of the children—the 12-year-old—went to Thomas’ job at Wal-Mart on Sept. 23 and police and CPS were contacted. Allegations of child abuse were brought up and the courts became involved. Thomas has an extensive history with CPS.

Thomas moved a freezer on Wednesday, Oct. 14 with the help of an unidentified man and dropped it off at the relative’s home. The house where the child was found is occupied by Janiya's aunt and grandmother.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39855885.html#storylink=cpy

Police say that Janiya had intestinal issues that made it difficult for her to be able to tell when she needed to use the bathroom. Thomas reportedly became frustrated by her daughter’s health issues and kept her locked in the bathroom. That medical condition is also the same condition that killed Janiya’s father.

PRESSER:
    http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015...-girl-11-mother-being-uncooperative/74145738/

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39855885.html

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 7 others like this.
  17. Kimster

:vigil:

No words can express how I feel.

spike, walkie-talkie, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  18. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Why not put her in foster care instead of killing her or letting her die? Selfish Selfish Selfish!!!

19. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Sounds like CPS has been nipping at her coat-tails for a long time. I bet there is quite a story ~ behind the story.

Lily, spike, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  20. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

So horrible. :vigil:

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 3 others like this.