1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IN JANNA RIVERA: Missing from Indianapolis, IN - 29 May 2015 - Age 3 mths *J. Fairbanks NOT GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by fran, May 30, 2015.

1. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Did the father admit to LE that he killed the baby or is it other people only? I think they are trying to get as much evidence as they can on this guy to make sure they get a conviction. They are also still trying to locate the baby. If you recall in the Baby Delano case the father wasn't arrested until six months later. Its only been a week today so I"m sure they are collecting all the evidence they can and trying very hard to find the baby.

He will be arrested, hopefully they get a conviction and I do hope they find the baby so her family can give her a proper burial. So sad.

2. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Post by SWMNBN :)>>>

spike, GarAndMo49 and noZme like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

One week later, baby Janna still missing

It has been one week since three-month old Janna Rivera went missing. The baby is presumed dead by police.

Police said there were no planned organized searches Friday, but they will continue to search based on any credible leads.

[snip]

Police said they’re confident the baby’s father, Jeff Fairbanks, put the child’s body in a dumpster.

http://wishtv.com/2015/06/05/one-week-later-baby-janna-still-missing/

4. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

LE said they feel confident he put the baby in the dumpster ?..

spike and noZme like this.
  5. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

A week passes by without any sign of missing baby Janna Rivera

Police have searched multiple locations since the child was reported missing. They started by searching the home where the baby lived with her mother and father, Jeffrey Fairbanks. Investigators are working to sort through conflicting stories. They don’t know if the baby was placed in a dumpster or buried.

Fairbanks remains the only person of interest in the case. Detectives questioned him extensively on Friday but he was ultimately released. Police are continuing to talk with the prosecutor’s office during the course of the investigation.

“The hardest part for us is we believe that there’s someone out there someone that is close to this family, someone that’s close to this mother and father that may know something and that is the piece that we’re missing,” said Sgt. Adams.

read more ............ http://fox59.com/2015/06/05/a-week-passes-by-without-any-sign-of-missing-baby-janna-rivera/

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Oh I believe it. :mad:

Baby Janna’s father on never calling 911: ‘Believe it or not, it never even occurred to me’

[snip]

Fairbanks claims he put Janna’s body in a dumpster after he said she died of natural causes.

But Fairbanks never called 911.

“Believe it or not, it never even occurred to me,” he said in the email. “Once I couldn’t save her, all I could think about were the girls downstairs…I guess, in some strange way, I was trying to protect them, because I knew she was already gone.”

Fairbanks said he put his daughter’s body in the dumpster after he “…drove around aimlessly, waiting for her to wake up, praying, thinking somehow she would. It was like I was in another reality.”

Fairbanks added, “It sickened me to the point, that, when I got home and broke down and told the family, I told them that I had buried her, because I was already so ashamed of what I had done, I couldn’t face it.”

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/06/06/baby...lieve-it-or-not-it-never-even-occurred-to-me/

spike, GarAndMo49, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Nice guy, does he want our pity?

The only thing I have to say to him is where is the baby you killed. Anything else I would say to him or about him just wouldn't be proper for an old Southern girl to put in writing.

8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I took more concern into what to do with my cat's remains that he did about precious little Janna! I do NOT understand why he hasn't been arrested for illegal disposal of a body. :maddening:

9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

What a dumbaxx. :banghead: :overreaction:

10. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Or arrested for withholding information about a baby!

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother says blanket found during landfill search belonged to missing baby Janna Rivera

Multiple blankets during the initial landfill search for missing baby Janna Rivera. According to police, DNA testing has not yet been conducted. The baby’s mother was able to identify one of the blankets as belonging to the missing child.

http://fox59.com/2015/06/11/mother-...ndfill-search-was-missing-baby-janna-riveras/

Search for missing baby Janna Rivera 'the kind that haunts'

No arrests, no charges, no body.

[snip]

The source said at least one of the blankets had blood on it.

[snip]

The child's mother, Yolanda Rivera-Gonzalez, filed a protection order with Marion County Superior Court 21 against Fairbanks. In it, she claims that when she got to their Candy Apple Blvd. home on Thursday, May 29, Fairbanks said "she's (Janna) dead," and that he buried her.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...issing-baby-janna-rivera-the-kind-that-haunts

spike, Kimster, MadgeS and 1 other person like this.
  12. fran

Isn't that like a confession?

fran

spike, Kimster and MadgeS like this.
  13. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

no kidding

spike, Kimster and fran like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike and fran like this.
  15. shrimpanzee

shrimpanzee New Member

Any update on this story? Wondering if the DNA on the blankets was identified as baby Janna?

spike and Kimster like this.
  16. fran

Hi shrimpanzee and welcome!

I looked around and plenty of articles about the blanket being tested, but not the results. The mom seems to think one of the blankets found belonged to Baby Janna.

I wouldn't doubt if the labs to do the dna testing are pretty busy and probably backed up. It could be a while. At this point, I don't believe LE is in any hurry as they most likely know what happened to the child. :(

JMHO
    fran

17. Kimster

I just saw you posted here! :welcome:

spike likes this.
  18. fran

I don't believe we have seen this article from the first of June. It appears the father claims the baby died of natural causes.

Why didn't he call someone then?

JMHO
    fran
    :(

Baby Janna's father says 3-month-old died of natural causes

INDIANAPOLIS -

Sheriff's deputies served court papers on the father of a missing 3-month-old baby ordering him to stay away from the child's mother. The order came Monday - the same day he told Eyewitness News their daughter is not missing, she's dead.

In tears during an off-camera interview, the father said he found Janna Rivera unresponsive upstairs around 1:45 p.m. Thursday, dead from natural causes. With his other children downstairs, the father said he unsuccessfully tried CPR, then panicked and put Janna in his SUV. He said he didn't want the other children to see Janna deceased.

The father drove for eight hours before finally putting Janna in the north dumpster - the one furthest from the road - at the Maison Gardens apartment complex at E. 42nd Street and Post Road.

"It just doesn't make sense to me," said the father's neighbor, Cambia Jackson. "As a parent, when something happens to your child, the first thing you do is you try to help them and you call 911."

http://www.wthr.com/story/29208378/police-search-new-site-in-missing-baby-investigation

19. Kimster

I'm with you on that, @fran. This guy has a lot of explaining to do!!!

spike and fran like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

There has to be a special place in h--l for all of these monsters.
    Precious angel.

fran and Kimster like this.