1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IN JANNA RIVERA: Missing from Indianapolis, IN - 29 May 2015 - Age 3 mths *J. Fairbanks NOT GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by fran, May 30, 2015.

1. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I can only think of one reason that a parent wouldn't call 911. Most likely NOT natural causes! This is the third missing baby case that I've personally worked on in the last 2-3 months where a parent is a POI and there's still is NO baby!

spike and Kimster like this.
  2. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

"“Putting Janna in a trash receptacle, you hear it on the news all the time. I remember thinking to myself, ‘what kind of a person does that?’ But, those are different situations. Those are people trying to get rid of their babies. I wasn`t trying to get rid of my baby. My baby was already gone,” said Fairbanks."
    (Snip)

"Fairbanks tells FOX59 he woke up around 1:30 p.m. on May 28 and noticed Janna not breathing next to him in bed. Fairbanks is adamant that he did not roll over on her."
    (Snip)

“I remember that time because I looked at the clock after I found her. I picked her up. I just freaked. It was obvious. Her lips were blue. She looked normal. Her skin was normal, but she was limp. I just can’t explain how that felt,” said Fairbanks.

Fairbanks says at that moment he panicked. His other two children were downstairs. Fairbanks says he wrapped Janna in a blanket and ran out of the house with the baby’s lifeless body. The baby’s mother was at work."
    (Snip)

"Fairbanks told FOX59 he drove around Indianapolis for eight hours with Janna’s body in the car. He also says he started drinking and became increasingly suspicious of everyone."
    (Snip)

Much more at link. Says he passed a lie detector test. Also there's a video interview

http://fox59.com/2015/07/22/father-...oesnt-think-his-daughters-body-will-be-found/

spike and MadgeS like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh my gosh I just wanna pull my hair out when I hear from this guy.

spike and WindStorm like this.
  4. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

http://wishtv.com/2015/08/27/father-of-missing-baby-janna-arrested/

Jeffrey Fairbanks, the father of an Indianapolis baby presumed dead, has been arrested and preliminarily charged with murder and neglect of a dependent resulting in death, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

Fairbanks, 45, is in custody in the Marion County Jail.

IMPD says additional details in the case will be released Friday, August 28.

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Thank goodness!

spike, MadgeS and fran like this.
  6. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Kimster and spike like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Top local news stories of 2015

Search for Baby Janna

May saw the desperate search for a missing Indianapolis baby. Janna Rivera disappeared in a bizarre case that set off a massive search effort across the Indianapolis area. The baby’s father, Jeffrey Fairbanks, gave confusing and conflicting stories about what happened to the baby.

He said he put her body in a dumpster after the three-month-old died from natural causes. In August, Fairbanks was arrested and charged with murder. The girl’s remains were never found.

http://fox59.com/2015/12/31/from-rfra-to-jared-fogle-top-local-news-stories-of-2015/

spike likes this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police never found Baby Janna. Now, her father is standing trial for murder.

Now, Fairbanks is standing trial in his daughter's death. Testimony began Monday afternoon after the attorneys selected a jury in the morning.

Her father was quickly named a person of interest, but with no autopsy and no trace of the baby's remains, prosecutors built a case based on the man's statements to investigators.

First, according to a probable cause affidavit, Fairbanks told police he couldn't remember anything about the day his daughter disappeared. Then, he said, "I don't wanna go to jail," the affidavit said.

Finally, he told detectives he would lead them to the body, the affidavit said, and he took them to a Dumpster at an apartment complex on the northeast side. The Dumpster was empty, though, leading police to search landfills to no avail.

Detectives questioned Fairbanks, who said he woke up at 5:30 a.m. that day because the child was crying. He said he "muffled" her with a pillow, but denied putting pressure on the pillow, the affidavit said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...w-her-father-standing-trial-murder/100837906/

spike and Jay like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Indiana man guilty of neglect but not murder in baby’s death

An Indianapolis man whose 3-month-old daughter disappeared nearly two years ago has been convicted of neglect but acquitted of murder.

Fairbanks faces a possible sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison. His attorney says he plans to appeal.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/04/26/in-missing-baby-indianapolis/

spike and Paradise like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Baby Janna's father sentenced to 30 years

The father of 3-month-old Janna Rivera has been sentenced to 30 years after her May 2015 disappearance and death.

Jeffrey D. Fairbanks, 47, has been sentenced on one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in death, authorities said Thursday. A jury found Fairbanks guilty of neglect after a three-day trial in April but found him not guilty of murder.

“Although Janna’s body has never been recovered, we commend the many hours devoted by investigators in the extensive search for Janna and the perseverance of our deputy prosecutors in obtaining a conviction in this exceedingly difficult case,” Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said in a statement. “With this conviction, Jeffrey Fairbanks has been held responsible for her tragic death and disappearance.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/29/baby-jannas-father-sentenced-30-years/439055001/

kdg411, spike and Jay like this.
  11. Canucklady

Canucklady Well-Known Member

Not enough punishment for this monster IMHO as he basically said at one point he muffled her crying with a pillow. Poor sweet angel :candle: