1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WI JAYME CLOSS: Missing from Barron, WI - 15 Oct 2018 - Age 13 - parents murdered *Found Alive*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Well-Known Member

I am ALL FOR "Victim Compensation" they have issues from their Ordeals to deal with EVERYDAY! So make it better for them so they don't have to worry about "Utilities, Phone, Shelter, Food and enough Money for the Month they can live WELL!

2. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

Oh my! I can hardly believe my eyes. I just uh...
    Wow. i jumped right to this final page. now, i’ll go read what happened. wow! amazing.

Skitt, Cousin Dupree, MrsS and 3 others like this.
  3. Mel70

Mel70 Well-Known Member

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs
    Three people east of Gordon, Wis., described the dramatic moments when the 13-year-old was found almost three months after she disappeared: dirty with matted hair and wearing shoes too big for her.
    Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon described the dramatic moment when Jayme was found. Kristin Kasinskas, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on S. Eau Claire Acres Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., a neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on their door.

Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said.

The woman who found Jayme asked that her name not be used, saying she was exhausted and unnerved by the dramatic events of the day. In a phone interview late Thursday, she said that Jayme “came up to me and said she wanted help.”

She said she was pretty sure who the girl was, adding that most everyone who lives in Wisconsin has seen Jayme’s photo on the news or on posters hung up by businesses.

Any doubt the woman had was erased when Jayme gave her name. The two quickly made their way to the Kasinskas home.

In the 20 minutes Jayme was in their home, the couple tried to make her feel more comfortable, they said. They offered her water and food, but she declined both. Kristin introduced Jayme to their new puppy, Penny.

Jayme told the Kasinskases that she didn’t know where she was or anything about Gordon. From what she told them, they believe she was there for most of her disappearance.

“I honestly still think I’m dreaming right now. It was like I was seeing a ghost,” Peter Kasinskas said. “It was scary and awesome at the same time. My jaw just went to the floor.”

The area where Jayme was found is in Eau Claire Acres, a cluster of about 30 homes originally built about 50 years ago as cabins near the Eau Claire River. According to Denny Kline, chairman of the town board, most of the homes are unoccupied during the winter months.

It’s a sparsely populated area about 8 miles east of Gordon’s town hall. The land is hilly and heavily forested. What homes do exist are often set back among the trees. On Friday morning, police had erected roadblocks preventing visitors from entering the development. State Patrol vehicles clustered near the entrance as investigators combed the scene.

http://www.startribune.com/jayme-closs-found-alive-authorities-say/504191322/

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

:good:

Paradise, Cousin Dupree and Whatsnext like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Jeanne Nutter, a social worker, is the dog walker who found Jayme Closs, the missing 13-year-old girl from Barron, Wisconsin, who disappeared in October 2018 after her parents were gunned down in the family home. She’s now describing the dramatic moment that the teenager, looking thin and with matted hair, ran out of the woods.

“I went to her and she just sort of grabbed onto me and she told me who she was. I’ve been a social worker my whole life. I was in child protection, so I believe my CPS personality just turned on,” Nutter told USA Today. “My goal was to get her someplace safe, to call 911.”

Nutter’s husband, a retired police officer who has taught criminal justice, also briefly spoke about his wife’s discovery of Jayme to The Daily Beast. Nutter also spoke – but without her name – to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Authorities had responded to a 911 call made from a cell phone inside the Closs home in Barron, and they found Jayme’s father, James Closs, shot dead in the doorway, and her mother, Denise Closs, gunned down elsewhere in the small single-family home. Both parents worked at the local turkey plant in Barron. The teenage girl was missing ever since, and local authorities had repeatedly expressed frustration that they didn’t have more leads.

That all changed when the teenager approached Jeanne Nutter. Now, authorities confirmed, they’ve located Jayme Closs alive, and they have an unidentified suspect in custody. According to KARE 11, Jayme was found at Eau Claire Acres, “a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y.” It’s a rural wooded area clustered with cabins. Authorities have not released any details, including the suspect’s name, motive, or connection to the Closs family, if any.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jeanne-nutter-dog-walker-jayme-closs/

7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Another neighbor told Daily Beast that the family that owns the suspect cabin has had run ins with law enforcement over the years. Jeanne Nutter has worked in the School of Social Work as an adviser for an university in northern Wisconsin. Her Facebook page contains many photos of her with her dog and enjoying the Wisconsin outdoors.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jeanne-nutter-dog-walker-jayme-closs/

The Star Tribune reported that the suspect is 21-years-old.

8. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

A Child Protection officer and a retired police officer? Jayme found the right people. Wow.

SoSueMe, Sunburst, Paradise and 8 others like this.
  9. Jaxbeach

Jaxbeach Well-Known Member

Great news.

I hate how the media is trying to turn the people Jayme ran to after escaping into heros.

So the woman was a social worker and her husband a retired cop, Yada Yada Yada, and I suppose that helped her walk her dog at just the right time to be the one Jayme ran to.

I hope they are generous with info about the perp.

I hate how the law enforcement is saying things like we promised to find her and we kept our promise.

Paradise, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  10. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Where can we watch the presser?

Paradise, Cousin Dupree and Whatsnext like this.
  11. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Paradise, kdg411, noZme and 2 others like this.
  12. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Should be starting any second.

13. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

combed through 3500 tips!

Paradise, noZme and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Jayme gave description of vehicle and LE pulled it over. Amazing girl. Well done.

15. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I would if they were out driving around looking for her when they were pulled over.

Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Jake Thomas Patterson is the guy.

17. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Suspects are being charged with kidnapping after Jayme was taken against her will.

They believe Jayme was the only target.

Not known by the family?

18. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Jake is charged with two counts of 1st degree intentional homicide.

19. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Suspect planned his actions.

20. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I think he said there would be another update at 4pm?