1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#AmberAlert JAYME CLOSS: Missing from Barron, WI - 15 Oct 2018 - Age 13 - parents murdered

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Active Member

Similar to my thoughts. Not that she hated her parents but that she had someone, maybe a boyfriend, that hated her parents and she just ran with him, in shock not knowing what to do. Now, I don’t think so. If some random person or more did it and took her against her control. - it would be terribly hard to control a thirteen old girl who had just seen her parents killed. I have to lean a little that way and think she has been killed and her body hidden. These are just my thoughts after this amount of time. I haven’t spent a lot of time studying this case because there is so little verified information to go on. Not even rumors that we know of. I don’t think they’re going to find her happy and we’ll. No way, not after this amount of time. I hope I can eat my words later.

2. ima.grandma

Wow, I’m just revisiting your post. You may be right on point. Great summary of logical thinking. Thank you. Hmmm... yes, thank you.

For the father to be killed at the door as soon as it was opened seems planned to kill the parents. Was Jayme a last minute decision to hold hostage or remove witness to murder? I don’t think Jayme was ever planned to be harmed. I keep thinking how young she is. Jayme’s photo at first glance , to me, she looks like she is a bit older. My little granddaughter is eleven. I look at her and try to imagine her at thirteen. For her to become complicit would have been unbelievable to me. If it was someone local, consequences would have showed up in his actions somehow and someone would have noticed. I just don’t see it unless her mind and hormones quickly caught up with her body growing. No, I don’t think it was some boyfriend.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    GarAndMo49, Whatsnext, Steve and 5 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

All of you have very logical speculations about what happened.

I pray that law enforcement has a lot more to go on than what we know. 90% of the time, they do.

ima.grandma, Whatsnext, Steve and 7 others like this.
  4. Jaxbeach

Jaxbeach Active Member

That the 911 call is not being released to family members indicates some information is being held back.

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

My hometown newspaper in little ol' north Idaho printed a story about Jayme today. I never thought I'd see that. They only even print the newspaper once a week.

Apparently Jayme has relatives in another tiny, neighboring town in north Idaho, who are "asking holiday travelers to keep an eye out for her."

Jayme has obviously been big news (big news stations, national media, etc.), but now she's little news too. Which in some ways, can be even bigger.

6. Kimster

Agreed! It's a huge long shot, but IF someone in that town has a tip, they might not read the mainstream media, but see her in the local paper and will contact their local deputy.

7. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Getting into those small places is usually harder than it is to reach a lot of people. This might just be the break she needs.

So close to Christmas :(

:vigil:

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Caught on tape: Video surveillance could solve the mystery behind the disappearance of Jayme Closs

During the extensive, wide-ranging search for Jayme Closs, authorities have closely reviewed 80-plus surveillance videos — but there has been no sign of the missing and endangered 13-year-old girl.

Still, authorities say, the video collected from businesses, highway cameras and other locations could bring the person responsible for Jayme's disappearance to justice.

“The video will help us solve the case,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. “We don’t see Jayme on any of the videos. But once we arrest a suspect, it will help us convict (the person responsible).”

Fitzgerald said that once a suspect is arrested, officials will search for that individual by re-examining the videos.

“If we determine the suspect traveled north or west, we have a lot of cars on video to check it against,” he said. Knowing the color of the vehicle that the suspect was driving could also be important, he said.

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/...eo-could-solve-missing-teens-case/2196160002/

Dobrev, SoSueMe, ima.grandma and 4 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

That headline got me excited for a minute. I thought they actually had something on video...

Dobrev, ima.grandma, Skitt and 6 others like this.
  10. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

:sigh: Me too.

Dobrev, ima.grandma, Skitt and 3 others like this.
  11. Jaxbeach

Jaxbeach Active Member

So if a suspect is found they will use video as evidence they were in a place at a time etc.

This means they could work backwards and treat everyone in videos as a suspect.

12. Cousin Dupree

I think that what they're looking for on video hasn't been useful yet. If they get a suspect who says they were never in the area, but they can look at video and see their car or them at a store in the area at the time of the murders then they've caught them in a lie.

13. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

So the video is useful AFTER they have a suspect. But what is going to bring them that suspect?

14. Cousin Dupree

Right now, nothing, but if they eventually find someone then they'll use it. It seems like an odd thing to do right now. Perhaps they have a suspect and want to see how they react to that news.

15. ima.grandma

As soon as I started reading your post, this was my exact thought:
    “The video will help us solve the case,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. “We don’t see Jayme on any of the videos. But once we arrest a suspect, it will help us convict (the person responsible).”

Kimster, Dobrev and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. ima.grandma

Yes. So true.

Dobrev and Cousin Dupree like this.
  17. ima.grandma

LE can be very covert and creative in their mission. They have this right and responsibility.

Kimster, Skitt and Cousin Dupree like this.
  18. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Typical news media, hyping up over nothing :sigh:

19. Kimster

When I was in Citizens Academy, they actually disclosed a few cases where they mislead people in order to get information. It's very interesting. If I could go back and choose careers all over again, I'd be doing criminal justice, for sure.

Skitt, Cousin Dupree, spike and 2 others like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

Never too late!
    Lotsa $$$$$$ available for school for us guys. Tru