1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

GA JENNA VAN GELDEREN: Missing from Atlanta, GA - 19 August 2017 - Age 25

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by believe09, Oct 13, 2017.

1. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, has been missing from her parents home since 8/18/17. Jenna is 4'11" tall with a Star of David tattoo on her thigh. She was house sitting while her parents were in Canada. Her blue Mazda, GA Plate PWH5902, was recovered on September 5, 2017. She was also seen driving her mother's red Mazda 3 prior to her disappearance.

Family is offering a reward of $10,000 for her safe return and Crimestoppers is offering $7,000 for information leading to the arrest of anyone connected to her disappearance.

You can forward tips anonymously to DeKalb PD 770-724-7600 ext: 4
    or to Crimestoppers via their phone number, their website and their FB page,

Media - http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...arents-home-in-atlanta-ga-since-8-19-17.2741/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
    Uno2Much, noZme, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  2. believe09

[​IMG]

There is a chance that Jenna was wearing this Tshirt when she disappeared.

noZme, Paradise, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. believe09

[​IMG]

Paradise and spike like this.
  4. believe09

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Uno2Much, Paradise and spike like this.
  5. believe09

Hi folks-I know I can count on some hard digging here to help this young woman get home :grouphug:

There is a great deal of media on this case, but I am going to go through and post LE statements when I get a chance so maybe we can create a verified timeline of sorts. There are a number of nuances to this disappearance...for example, Jenna was seen driving her mother's car, but her car was the vehicle which disappeared for two weeks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Uno2Much, noZme, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  6. believe09

Jenna is 4'11", 140 lbs. BR/BR

7. believe09

I am going to add another photo because I think Jenna has some distinctively different looks which might be helpful:

[​IMG]

8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Do we have an idea what her missing suitcase looks like?

Paradise and spike like this.
  9. believe09

This is really interesting...she created a Wiki page for college. She was a digital media major who expressed an interest in computers.

Contained on her project page are some .wav files and you can listen to her voice.

LINK HERE

indigo-jay, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  10. Kimster

On Aug. 19, Jenna had plans to meet a friend at the home. But when the friend arrived, neither Jenna nor her vehicle was there. Jenna's brother was contacted and he headed over, Leon said.

"He found the house in a bit of disarray," Leon said. "The TV was on and things were messy. Her suitcase was gone, but items she would have taken with her, if she had left, were still there. Her phone charger, shoes, cosmetics."

He also noted an odd item: a World War II tapestry, of little monetary value, was missing from a frame on the wall.

Unsure if Jenna had simply headed to her own home for the day, her family waited to see if they would hear from her. When they hadn't by Sunday, they called authorities to report her missing.

The DeKalb Police Department continues to investigate the case. The latest development was the discovery of Jenna's dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan on Sept. 5, parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. A woman who had seen the information on Facebook recognized the car when she drove past, Leon said.

The discovery was not made public by Jenna's family until late last week, nearly 10 days after the discovery.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...enna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306

Uno2Much, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kimster

The above article also states that inaccuracies have been given about her disappearance. That is very disturbing. I wonder if the neighborhood has been scoured for anyone who might have video cameras outside?

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  12. Kimster

According to her find Facebook page, her phones are missing. Plural? Hopefully they can get some pings on at least one of them.

Uno2Much, spike and believe09 like this.
  13. believe09

I am hoping for a little bit of a fresh start with this case. There is a great deal of confusion going on with media reports and statements from family being different from statements from LE.

I think we might have a real opportunity here to tease out a timeline maybe free from some more emotional statements and influences. But please bring on what you find.

From what I have learned, Jenna's disappearance has received a good deal of coverage from both the local and the national news media. There are puzzling aspects, such as the multiple vehicles and the fabric item that has been reported as missing as well. Almost all of the media reflects a disappearance date of August 18, but LE firmly states 8/19. I believe that someone had their eyes on her on 8/19 and their account was reliable enough to change her last seen from the initial reports. I havent seen any mention at all of k9 searches or requests for volunteers to search or do some awareness outreach with flyers.

My wish list for here is that we have a local check in and let us know what the coverage has been on the ground in terms of flyers etc.

noZme, spike and Kimster like this.
  14. Kimster

The World War II tapestry is very curious. Would someone have come over and was enticing her some way? And they said they liked the tapestry and she gave it to them? And then things went sour? Would that person have an interest in World War II memorabilia?

I'm going to assume she probably has Asperger's since she's high-functioning. When he was younger, I could see my Aspie son giving something to someone because they have an interest in it, if he perceived I didn't care too much about it. That's probably going to depend on how many social cues she's learned along the way. Hmmm

MrsS, noZme and spike like this.
  15. believe09

If you get a chance, Kimster, check the Wiki link and see what you think about her projects and bio and labs. I think she is an interesting young woman, and her depictions in the media seem to be different from the young woman who worked so hard and participated in gatherings through out several states for young Jewish teens.

Jenna also has an arrest record which is easy to find. She was accused of theft by taking and she was arrested in March of this year.

LINK HERE

noZme, Kimster and spike like this.
  16. Kimster

I did look and wasn't surprised at her talent. I like her choice in song, too. :)

noZme, believe09 and spike like this.
  17. believe09

There is such a disconnect between the Wiki and how she has been portrayed in the media...it is hard to get a handle on her as a person.

noZme and spike like this.
  18. Kimster

I see her as a young autistic adult who has recently gone on her own and may be testing boundaries. The way she sees those boundaries may be quite different than how you and I see them.

The unusual part of all this is that she's still missing. :(

noZme, believe09 and spike like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/

Update 11/7: We are patiently waiting as police continue their investigation and hope to have further information soon to share. We are still hoping and asking if any of Jenna's friends may have additional information as well.

Update 10/30: We have a clearer picture of the artwork that was taken from our home when Jenna went missing. It has been enhanced to show the detail of the art.

[​IMG]

noZme, Kimster and spike like this.
  20. Kimster

There's got to be some big information being held back on this case. It's really confusing.

noZme, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and spike like this.