1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX JENNIFER APRECIADO: Missing from San Antonio, TX - 26 October 2006 - Age 18

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by Scorpio, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

upload_2017-8-8_21-48-31.jpeg upload_2017-8-8_21-48-27.gif upload_2017-8-8_21-48-20.jpeg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/apreciado_jennifer.html

Details of Disappearance
    Apreciado was last seen in the vicinity of 19th Street and Arizona in San Antonio, Texas at 3:00 p.m. on October 26, 2006. She had left her boyfriend's home and was en route to the bus stop when she called her boyfriend and said she'd noticed a car slowly circling the block and was frightened. She didn't describe the vehicle or its driver. Apreciado's boyfriend tried calling her phone back an hour later, and some other woman answered and said she'd found the phone. Apreciado has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...onio-tx-on-october-26-2006.2606/#comment-2664

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
    KareBear, Akoya and spike like this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.ksat.com/news/crime-fighters/search-continues-for-sa-teen-missing-nearly-9-years
    Search continues for SA teen missing nearly 9 years

SAN ANTONIO - In the fall of 2006, Jennifer Apreciado was living her life like most 17-year-olds.

"She was excited about a Halloween party," said her sister, Lisa. "She was like a little kid. That was the last time I saw her face smiling."

Jennifer never made it to that party. She disappeared Oct. 26.

Her absence has haunted her large family ever since.

"If she would have left, she would have told somebody. She was not that kind of girl to up and leave and not communicate," said Lisa.

San Antonio police agree. Melissa Martinez works in the department's Missing Persons Unit.

"Someone out there has to know something," said Martinez. "Someone out there has to have seen something that day."

‘She was scared'

Jennifer Apreciado left her boyfriend's home on the 200 block of Arizona headed for a bus stop near Wall and General McMullen. She called her boyfriend.

"She said that a vehicle was following her and she was scared. She noticed the same vehicle driving by slowly, circling the block," said Martinez.

Her boyfriend told police he tried calling Apreciado about an hour later. He said a strange woman answered the phone and said she had found it. Apreciado wasn't around.

At 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighing around 95 pounds, it would have been difficult for Apreciado to put up a fight against someone taking her against her will. If that's what happened to her, there's something else about her disappearance that concerns police.

"The fact that she disappeared in the afternoon – (in) broad daylight – and she hasn't been seen again," said Martinez. "She never made contact again with any of her siblings, her parents, anyone."

Missing Jennifer

In the nearly nine years since her disappearance, Apreciado's family hasn't given up the search. They've been in regular contact with police. As recently as this week, they put up new flyers in the neighborhood where she had last been seen in hopes of finding her.

In her absence, a niece was born and named after her.

"I just wish she was here and she could meet my kids, my brother's kids. We would all be together and have our fun days," said Lisa.

She said her younger sister is missed.

"She's really funny, talkative, (a) smart person," said Lisa. "(She's) loveable. It's hard for us not having her here."

‘Fill in the blanks'

"We have gaps in the time-line on the day she disappeared," said Martinez.

Apreciado's whereabouts on the day she disappeared aren't clear. Police have no specific description of the vehicle that was following her or even what the driver looked like. It's the little details that have stumped everyone looking for Apreciado.

"Help us fill in the blanks. Any of those details might point us in the right direction, might help us find Jennifer, at least give us new leads to pursue," said Martinez. "Anything at all can be of help."

Her family agrees.

"We want to know something. I know people have hearts. Hopefully they have it in their heart and they'll go and tell them," said Lisa Apreciado. "It's hard not having my sister around. It's been nine years already and it's (still) hard."

Anyone with information on the case can call SAPD's Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660.

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/tips-sought-in-womans-2006-disappearance

Tips sought in woman's 2006 disappearance

SAN ANTONIO -- It's been nearly 10 years since a San Antonio woman disappeared on the west side.

Tonight, her family hopes you will have information that can help solve her case. It's part of the weekly segment called "Help Us Find" on News 4 San Antonio's Evening Break.

Jennifer Apreciado was 18-years-old when she disappeared near 19th Street and Arizona Avenue back in October 2006. At the time she went missing, she was 4'7", weighed 95 pounds and had brown hair and eyes. Apreciado also has the name "Jennifer" tattoed on her upper right arm and "Jacob" on her right ankle.

If you have any information on Apreciado's whereabouts, call the Heidi Search Center at (210) 650-0428.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Akoya and spike like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3887dftx.html

Circumstances of Disappearance

Jennifer Apreciado left her boyfriend's home on the 200 block of Arizona at 3:00 PM, headed for a bus stop near Wall and General McMullen. She called her boyfriend and said that a vehicle was following her and she was scared. She noticed the same vehicle driving by slowly, circling the block. Her boyfriend told police he tried calling Apreciado about an hour later. He said a strange woman answered the phone and said she had found it. Apreciado wasn't there. Jennifer never made contact again with any of her siblings, her parents, anyone. Apreciado's whereabouts on the day she disappeared aren't clear. Police have no specific description of the vehicle that was following her or even what the driver looked like.

Kimster likes this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.ksat.com/news/crime-fighters/11-years-after-teen-s-disappearance-sapd-have-no-new-leads

11 years after teen's disappearance, SAPD have no new leads

SAN ANTONIO - The last contact anyone reported having with Jennifer Apreciado, the teen was headed to a bus stop and was scared of a car circling the area. Apreciado, 17, never got on a bus.

She never made it home. She never called anyone. A woman found her cellphone near Wall Street and S. General McMullen Dr., but had not seen the teen.

Eleven years later, Apreciado's family and San Antonio police are still hopeful they'll find out what happened. Police have said they don't have a specific description of the car that spooked Apreciado. They also don't know what the driver looked like.

Anyone with information on the case can call SAPD's Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That sounds like a stranger abduction to me. :(

KareBear, Paradise and Scorpio like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Help Us Find: Jennifer Apreciado, teen missing for more than a decade

Jennifer Apreciado has been missing for more than 12 years.

"There needs to be some sort of closure, “ said Sheiladawn Fitch, who has been searching for the teen.

Once a volunteer at the now former Heidi Search Center, Fitch became a licensed private investigator to help families of missing loved ones.

The story was that she had left her boyfriend's house and that she was walking to a bus stop. “That was the last anybody ever say of her, you have to remember though it was like 3 o’clock in the afternoon and that’s a busy neighborhood. If she was walking down the street somebody had to have seen her so somebody knows something, “ said Fitch.

Apreciado's cell phone was reportedly found, but there was no sign of the missing teen.

“We just need some answers, some leads to follow, “ so Jennifer can come home.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...apreciado-teen-missing-for-more-than-a-decade

KareBear likes this.
  9. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I'm curious about why the boyfriend waited an hour before calling her back. If someone called me saying something like that, I would make them stay on the phone with me until I knew they were safely on the bus, while simultaneously texting 911. Or, call 911 immediately if I got abruptly disconnected. Why an hour? How did their phone call end, I wonder?

kdg411 likes this.