1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

JERRY "MIKE" WILLIAMS: Florida vs. Denise Williams for murder of husband in 2000 *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by noZme, Dec 17, 2015.

1. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Exactly!

noZme, Tammy, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

She sounds like a manipulative narcissistic sociopath.

noZme, Tammy, wenn9366 and 3 others like this.
  3. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Agree, agree and agree!!!! (Sorry i couldnt hit the like button more than onced so i had to overly agree :) )

noZme, Kimster, spike and 1 other person like this.
  4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Photos: Search and recovery of Mike Williams' remains

https://www.tallahassee.com/picture...d-recovery-of-mike-williams-remains/35683267/

Bail hearing for wife Denise in Mike Williams murder case pushed back to June 18

Denise Williams will have to wait a dozen more days before her defense attorney has a shot at convincing Leon Circuit Judge James Hankinson the evidence against her is weak and she should be let out of jail until she stands trial for her husband's murder 17 years ago. It has been reset for 3 p.m. June 18. Williams has been in the Leon County jail since her arrest May 8.

After receiving immunity from prosecution for Mike's murder, Winchester said Denise was the mastermind of the murder, and while he pulled the trigger, she helped plot it and keep it secret. He said they'd been having an affair for three years and she opted to murder her North Florida High School sweetheart rather than have her image tarnished by a divorce. She collected $1.75 million in life insurance, and the two married five years after Mike was killed.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...e-williams-accused-husbands-murder/677687002/

Tammy, Scorpio, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

@noZme - do you know if Cheryl has been reconnected with Ainslee?

Tammy, Scorpio and noZme like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I haven't seen anything about that. Of course, Denise will forever maintain her innocence & the girl having been poisoned against Mike's mom & brother all her life, may refuse to meet with them. I expect Denise & Way to hang on to that defense & take it to a jury. If Winchester's confession & tons of circumstantial evidence doesn't come out guilty, the case of insurance fraud should keep her busy & use every penny she can scrape up.

I don't know anyone involved, but following the story from day one, I think the evil Denise & Brian carried for 17 years made them miserable people. Notice, I don't say "guilt" because monsters like them aren't capable of empathy. That's my opinion.

Wouldn't it be great to read that Cheryl & Ainslee met face to face & Ainslee was able to say to her grandmother that she understands why a mother couldn't give up?

Tammy, Scorpio and Akoya like this.
  7. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Cheryl was heartbroken when she was denied access to Ainslee. I want her to be able to put her arms around her granddaughter, again.

Tammy, Scorpio and noZme like this.
  8. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Tammy, Akoya and Scorpio like this.
  9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I am amazed at Denise's arrogance. She is still trying to get a bond hearing and she still denies being an accessory with Brian to kill Mike. She needs to understand the game is over.

Tammy, noZme and Scorpio like this.
  10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

This should be required reading when Denise opens her eyes every morning.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...d-grace-god-tallahassee-winchester/590783002/

‘A nasty, wicked place’: How Mike Williams’ body was discovered ‘by the grace of God’
    Jennifer Portman, News Director Published 5:08 p.m. ET May 8, 2018 | Updated 7:01 p.m. ET May 8, 2018

[​IMG]

Mike Williams’ body was found Oct. 18, buried in six feet of muck near the primitive boat landing at the dead end of Gardner Road in north Leon County, a law enforcement source told the Tallahassee Democrat.

FDLE officials would not confirm how Williams was killed, only that evidence proved conclusively he was murdered. The source said his body and clothing were still intact. He was wearing cold weather gloves on his hands and outdoor booties on his feet.

On Oct. 12, acting on new information, FDLE investigators began work to excavate Gardner Road landing. Leon County Public Works officials first cleared the heavily wooded area of trees and installed water dams and pumps to hold back adjacent Carr Lake.

They were looking not far from where 10 years ago this week, Tallahassee Police confidential informant Rachel Hoffman was killed. When that drug sting went fatally wrong, Mike Williams’ body had been buried there for nearly eight years.

For the next five days, county workers, FDLE investigators, cadaver dogs and their handlers – about 30 people and dogs in all – worked up to 16 hours a day sifting and searching through thick mud, dumping scoop after backhoe scoop onto 10 huge sheets of plywood.

A few neighbors ventured near the area, curious what was going on, but they were satisfied with the explanation that all the activity was just part of a training exercise.

“How was it kept a secret? By the grace of God,” the law enforcement source said. “There is literally no other explanation.”

Not even the workers operating the machinery knew initially what they were looking for. Just the man running the bucket figured it out by the end. They were digging for that boy who’d gone missing while hunting all those years ago.

The work was arduous. Holding back the lake was a constant challenge. Water moccasins and eels menaced the 9-foot deep holes that quickly filled with murky water.

“It was a nasty, wicked place,” the source said.

By Oct 18, Public Works officials were ready to call it quits. FDLE was set to hire a private company to continue the work when they finally found Williams. Two DNA tests proved it was him.

“About 98 percent of his bones were recovered,” said the source. The remains were “very well preserved.”

Uno2Much, Tammy, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  11. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Answers-in-17-year-old-disappearance-465456163.html

Mike Williams remains found in Leon County, sources say

By: Julie Montanaro | WCTV Eyewitness News
    December 21, 2017

Mike Williams
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- Mike Williams' mother said she's always held out hope that her son was alive. She's devastated by confirmation that he was murdered.

"People say I should be happy, but I'm not," Cheryl Williams said Thursday afternoon. "I honestly wasn't looking for a body. I was looking for Mike to come home."

"I've always had hope... I don't know that I could have made it all these years without it, " Williams said. She's worked diligently over the past 17 years to keep the case in the public eye in hopes the mystery of her son's disappearance would be solved.

"I've always known Mike was not in that lake. He wasn't eaten by an alligator," Williams said. "This is vindication for me."

Williams' voice faltered as she realized "he's been five miles away from me this whole time."

"Mike was a good person. He didn't deserve this," Cheryl Williams said. "Now I have to put everyone involved in Mike's murder in prison. That's my next job."

Uno2Much, Tammy, Scorpio and 3 others like this.
  12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

13. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Cheryl is awesome. It's no wonder she made Denise crazy.

14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

absolutely!

15. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

My heart also goes out to Kathy, Brian's former wife, and their son, Stafford. She has been betrayed by her best friend, Denise, and by her former husband. For seventeen years she has watched Brian and Denise live a wonderful life based on lies and deceit. Kathy did nothing to cause the divorce from Brian, just as Mike had done nothing to cause his murder. Cheryl, Mike, Anslee, Kathy, and Stafford are truly innocent victims of Denise and Brian. Although the truth will always be painful, at least they know what happened.

[​IMG]

noZme, Tammy, Scorpio and 1 other person like this.
  16. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...e-williams-accused-husbands-murder/677687002/

Bail hearing for wife Denise in Mike Williams murder case pushed back to June 18
    Jennifer Portman, News Director Published 4:19 p.m. ET June 6, 2018 | Updated 6:32 p.m. ET June 6, 2018

Denise Williams will have to wait a dozen more days before her defense attorney has a shot at convincing Leon Circuit Judge James Hankinson the evidence against her is weak and she should be let out of jail until she stands trial for her husband's murder 17 years ago.

Hankinson abruptly canceled a hearing on the matter scheduled for Wednesday morning. In his order, issued late Tuesday, he said the one hour allotted would not be enough time to consider the case.

On Monday, Assistant State Attorney Jon Fuchs proposed expediting the hearing by having the judge listen in advance to the 105-minute recorded statement by Brian Winchester, in which he confessed to killing Mike Williams and implicated Denise in the crime.

Williams' defense attorney Ethan Way, who says she is completely innocent, objected to the idea of Hankinson considering Winchester's testimony without being able to provide immediate rebuttal. The judge acquiesced to Ways' objection, but in his Tuesday order, he noted he did not want to "consider the bond issue piecemeal" so he canceled the hearing.

It has been reset for 3 p.m. June 18. Williams has been in the Leon County jail since her arrest May 8.

[​IMG]

I like this Judge.

noZme, Tammy, Scorpio and 1 other person like this.
  17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Denise Williams charged with insurance fraud in Mike Williams death

Denise, accused of the planning, cover-up and murder of her husband and high school sweetheart Mike Williams more than 17 years ago, now faces prosecution for allegedly cashing in on his killing.

She was charged Thursday with three counts of insurance fraud involving $1.75 million in claims she made after her husband disappeared. The 48-year-old has been sitting in the Leon County Detention Center without bail since her arrest in May after a grand jury indicted her on three charges related to her husband’s murder.

Her arrest followed the stunning admission last year by her ex-husband, Brian Winchester, that he killed his best friend so he could be with Denise and they would cash in on Mike’s life insurance money (policies that Winchester sold to Mike. I have doubts Mike ever knew he bought them. IMO, the plan for him to die & leave them with some money began waaaay back.)

Brian, 47, implicated Denise in the crime and cover-up and led law enforcement officials to where he buried Mike's body. His agreement with the State Attorney’s Office prevents him from being prosecuted for the murder.

Denise Williams, who also pleaded not guilty in the murder case, says she had nothing to do with Mike Williams’ death and that Winchester acted alone. She and Winchester, who were longtime friends, married nearly five years to the day after Mike vanished. They divorced last year after he kidnapped her at gunpoint out of fear she would pin the crime on him.

In his confession, Winchester said he actually went to the lake with Williams that morning to kill him. The plan that he said he hatched with Denise was to push Mike out of the boat and make it look like an accidental drowning. But Mike was able to free himself from his waders, Winchester said, so he shot him in the face and took his body back to Leon County to bury.

Mile Williams took out $250,000 in life insurance in February 1995 through Kansas City Life Insurance Company. Winchester, who had his own insurance business, was listed as the agent on the policy.

In late March 2000, Mike applied for a half-million-dollar policy with Cotton States Life Insurance Company through the Jack Stansel Insurance Agency. A couple of weeks later, he completed another life insurance application with Kansas City life for $1 million. Denise was listed as the primary beneficiary. Brian again was listed as the agent.

Denise Williams began the insurance claims process with Kansas City Life on Dec. 27, 2000 — a mere 11 days after her husband went missing. At the time she began filing the paperwork, a massive search for him was still underway.

Kansas City Life issued a check to Denise for $264,521 on Aug. 30, 2001, and another check to Denise for $1.06 million on Sept. 21, 2001. Both checks included interest and premium refunds.

In September 2001, a claim was completed with Cotton States, listing the cause of death as “accident” and the circumstances of the death as a “hunting accident.” On the form, Williams disclosed the $250,000 Kansas City Life policy but left out critical information — namely the additional million dollars of insurance.

Had (Denise) listed the additional million-dollar policy with Kansas City Life Insurance it would have thrown up ‘red flags’ and he would have contacted Cotton States Life Insurance immediately,” court records state. “Stansel said not disclosing the pre-existing policies could have nullified the entire contract which would have resulted in Cotton States Life Insurance simply refunding the premiums paid.”

Winchester, as part of his deal with prosecutors, told investigators he and Denise began having an affair in 1997 and that they collaborated on killing Mike. They talked about his death before the $1 million policy was written. Winchester also said that Mike was considering getting a smaller policy but Denise pushed him to go for the seven figures.

Denise encouraged him, he said, to follow through on their plan to kill Mike for several reasons, court records allege:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/08/10/denise-williams-charged-insurance-fraud/954793002/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Akoya and noZme like this.
  20. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Greedy witch.

Akoya, Scorpio and noZme like this.