1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MI JESSICA HEERINGA: Missing from Muskegon, MI - 26 April 2013 - Age 25 *J. Willis GUILTY of Murder*

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by Imamazed, May 3, 2015.

1. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

2. Imamazed

3. Imamazed

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/10/jessica_heeringas_investigatio.html

Jessica Heeringa investigation 6 months later: Fiance, police chief remain hopeful

The scrapbook full of newspaper clippings compiled by the fiance of Jessica Heeringa, the missing Muskegon gas station clerk, is unfortunately getting thicker six months after her unexplained disappearance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/03/jessica_heeringa_top_5_myths_a.html

Jessica Heeringa: 5 myths about her bizarre, yearlong disappearance

The rumors have been swirling in the Muskegon County community since the day of Jessica Heeringa’s disappearance nearly a year ago.

And police say there have been countless theories about her disappearance on April 26, 2013 and whispers of her alleged lifestyle.

Now Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw is eager to dispel some of those myths so the community can hopefully focus on the facts – not second-hand stories and hearsay – and concentrate on finding the young mother.

NOCLUE likes this.
  4. Imamazed

[​IMG]
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/jessica-heeringa-abduction-update_n_3354505.html

Jessica Heeringa, Michigan Mom, Missing After 1 Month With Few Clues

One month ago, Jessica Heeringa, a 25-year-old mother, was abducted while working the night shift at a Michigan gas station.

Since that day, April 26, family, friends, strangers and investigators with the Norton Shores Police Department have worked tirelessly to bring Herringa home, without success.

Despite the passage of time, no one is ready to give up hope that Heeringa will be found safe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/jessica-heeringa-update/
    Jessica Heeringa Update

NOCLUE likes this.
  5. Imamazed

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/search-continues-missing-michigan-mom-article-1.1734467
    Search for missing gas station employee continues in Michigan
    Jessica Heeringa disappeared April 26, leaving her purse, keys,and car behind at the North Shores gas station where she worked. Without comprehensive surveillance footage from the station, cops have run into many rumors and few concrete leads.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/
    Jessica Heeringa: A new twist revealed

The woman who provided police with their biggest clue in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance — the description that led to the sketch of a possible suspect — has a close relationship with a person later identified as a person of interest in the case, Target 8 has learned.

They are brother and sister — and the brother, his family said, had recently dated Heeringa.

Their father told Target 8 that detectives harassed his son, who is not being named due to his connection to the investigation, early on in the investigation.

“They just kept calling him in, calling him in,” said the father, who is not being named by Target 8. “At one time, I guess, he was the No. 1 suspect.”

DaisyChains, NOCLUE and GarAndMo49 like this.
  6. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Wow! That's a shocker! Now I wonder if the supposed original witness was telling the truth? Or was she trying to steer LE away from her brother.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with it. Just wondering about the witness statement.

JMHO
    fran

spike, DaisyChains and NOCLUE like this.
  7. Imamazed

If I recall and its been a while he is no longer a suspect or poi. I'm pretty sure law enforcement still believe she was abducted but not by this individual and still going partly on what the witness stated to begin with. I'll see if I can find more on that.

8. Imamazed

Well... this is very interesting!

http://woodtv.com/investigative-story/is-dead-man-missing-link-to-jessica-heeringa-disappearance/

Jessica Heeringa case: Link to a dead man?

More than two years after Jessica Heeringa disappeared from a Norton Shores gas station, one name keeps popping up: Brad Mason.

Kalamazoo police were arresting the 42-year-old Kalamazoo man for a brutal abduction and rape in that city when they shot him to death last year -- an apparent "suicide by cop."

But even in death, some persons of interest are more interesting than others.

9. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Whoa! Looks like he's most likely the guy, but they'll probably never be able to prove it.

Wonder how many more victims there are. Especially from 2001 when he hid out in the woods for a week after doing something bad?

Shame he's dead, really. At least if he was alive they possibly could have gotten him to talk.

JMHO
    fran

10. Imamazed

I know Fran, it is a shame...

11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

spike, DaisyChains, Imamazed and 2 others like this.
  12. Kimster

Jessica Heeringa was working alone at a gas station in Norton Shores, Michigan on April 26, 2013 when she vanished. A witness told police he saw the then 25-year-old mother being forced into a silver Chrysler minivan. Investigators found no signs of a struggle, but did find Jessica's cellphone, keys and purse inside the store. Police believe Heeringa was lured outside. The case attracted national attention and a sketch of a suspect was released, but police have been unable to identify him. If you have any information that can help in Jessica's case, please call the Norton Shores Police Department at (231) 733-2691 or the Silent Observer at (231) 722-7463.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-unsolved-n472406

spike and NOCLUE like this.
  13. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

So tragic on so many levels...

Especially if the perp is dead...,and took the secret to his grave...

:(

14. Kimster

It sure is. I found that link above and it has summaries of missing cases so I am going to post all of them. It helps new eyes.

DaisyChains, spike and NOCLUE like this.
  15. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I perused that link...

and found many still missing "faces" I recognize from cases I am following...

:(

DaisyChains, spike and Kimster like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Investigation Discovery resurrects 'Disappeared' to profile unsolved Cold Cases

Fans of Investigation Discovery’s missing person series, Disappeared, demanded the true crime network bring back the series, and ID listened. Disappeared returns for a seventh season after a three-year hiatus, focusing on unsolved cases of loved ones who have gone missing, to try to stir up some fresh leads and new information to heat up these cold cases.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2933408/in...s-disappeared-to-profile-unsolved-cold-cases/

Missing persons featured this season: Jessica Heeringa, Tiffany Daniels, Bryce Lapisa, Tammy Kingery, Brian Histand, David Riemens, Rico Harris, Robert Hoagland, Brandy Hanna, Jennifer Kesse,
    Premiers April 11.

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Family of Jessica Heeringa hopes television attention leads to new tips

The case of a West Michigan woman who has been missing almost three years will soon be gaining national attention once again. Jessica Heeringa disappeared in April of 2013. She will be featured on the show 'Disappeared' on Investigation Discovery.

"I think we are going to get people calling in again that have already called in with tips and hopefully it will generate something new" said Diane Homrich, Jessica's grandmother. "In fact, I had one this afternoon. I am not going to go into it, but it is a brand new person they have named. I will be calling Norton Shores Police Department and talk to Detective Kasher and share that information with him.

The family has not seen the episode yet and plans to watch it together on Monday night. They also ask everyone to keep Jessica in their prayers and encourage anyone with any information to reach out to them. The family's personal tip line is (231)-222-0278. You can also view the Find Jessica Facebook page.

http://fox17online.com/2016/04/09/f...hopes-television-attention-leads-to-new-tips/

DaisyChains, spike and Kimster like this.
  18. Kimster

I wonder if the new tip person looks anything like the composite?

DaisyChains and spike like this.
  19. Imamazed

Over time, tips would come in. Some were helpful and some were not.

"On Facebook on our Find Jessica site there were some people that tried to get us to pay $40,000 to get her back" said Homrich. "This went on for several weeks. Finally, Norton Shores got the State Police involved and they would tell us that the person behind this actually lives in Russia and that it was a farce. That was an experience and a half."

That is so awful!

20. Kimster

I've heard of psychics doing the same. Family members have told me that themselves.

DaisyChains and spike like this.