1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AZ JHESSYE SHOCKLEY: Missing from Glendale, AZ - 11 Oct 2011 - Age 5

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 17, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Jhessye Shockley has been missing form Glendale, Arizona since October 11, 2011.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jhessye was reported missing by her mother on October 11, 2011. She said Jhessye had been at home with her 3 older siblings when she left the apartment by herself.

Much more info from Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shockley_jahessye.html

NCMEC poster - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1181452/1

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14919/0/

Edited by Kimster to add media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...from-glendale-arizona-age-progressed-pic.594/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
    Akoya, Uno2Much, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I thought she had been found at some point during the course of all the court litigations! Oh my gosh! Thank you @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed for posting about Jhessye as I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't realize she's still missing! :tears:

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Timeline of Jhessye Shockley's disappearance

Oct. 11, 2011 -- Jhessye Shockley went missing - A massive effort is launched the morning after Jhessye's disappearance, including an Amber Alert, to help police find the 5-year-old girl.

Oct. 14, 2011 -- Jerice Hunter found to have a criminal history - Hunter was found to have a history of child abuse in California, for which she was sentenced to time in prison.

Nov. 1, 2011 -- Homicide detective took over case - In addition to missing-person and child-crimes detectives, a homicide detective was added to Jhessye's case.

Nov. 21, 2011 -- Hunter arrested for child abuse - After authorities stated they did not expect to find Jhessye alive, Hunter was arrested on charges of child abuse.

Dec. 21, 2011 -- Glendale Police inferred body of missing 5-year-old Jhessye was placed in trash - The Glendale Police Department concluded that Jhessye's body was placed in a trash receptacle in Tempe, prior to her being reported missing on Oct. 11, 2011.

Sept. 6, 2012 -- Hunter arrested on murder and child abuse charges - Hunter was arrested on charges of first-degree murder and child abuse of her 5-year-old daughter.

Sept. 17, 2012 -- Hunter plead not guilty to murder and child abuse charges - Hunter plead not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and child abuse in the disappearance of her 5-year-old daughter after an 11-month-long investigation.

April 27, 2015 -- Jury finds Hunter guilty of murder, child abuse charges - After two hours of deliberations, a jury found Hunter guilty in the first-degree murder of her daughter.

MORE TIMELINE POINTS AT LINK. I just included the basics. - http://ktar.com/6/1476480/Timeline-of-Jhessye-Shockleys-disappearance

[​IMG]

Akoya, Uno2Much, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Jerice Hunter Sentenced to Life in Prison for Daughter's Murder

Nearly four years after 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley was reported missing, her mother learned her punishment for killing her.

A judge sentenced Jerice Hunter to life in prison, without the possibility of parole.

Judge Rosa Mroz also sentenced Hunter to 20 years in prison for child abuse, to run consecutive to her life sentence.

http://www.kfyi.com/onair/arizona-news-55067/jerice-hunter-sentenced-to-life-in-13773904

Arizona woman sentenced in death of 5-year-old daughter whose body was never found

Prosecutors say the 41-year-old Hunter had a friend give her a ride to a neighboring city so she could dump a suitcase containing the body in a trash bin before telling authorities the child was missing.

They say the child was beaten, neglected and confined to a closet before the body was dumped in 2011. She was never found, even though officers picked through 9,500 tons of garbage at landfills.

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/17/arizon...year-old-daughter-whose-body-was-never-found/

Akoya, spike, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

GOOD! Now she has no reason not to tell everyone where to find Jhessye!!!

Akoya, spike and MadgeS like this.
  6. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

I do not like what im reading.
    Has the mum since revealed where she can be found?
    :( That poor babe had a forced smile on her face in her portrait and the artist recaptured it again in the age progression shot.
    The forced smile in the top lip i reckon you can pass off as real, but the bottom lip gives it up.

Akoya, spike and GarAndMo49 like this.
  7. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

IMHO, she'll never tell LE where Jhessye is.

:(
    fran

Akoya, spike, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Yeah I don't think she ever said, or ever will say, anything. But LE seemed to think that she was placed in the trash. They spent 10 weeks searching a landfill, but never found anything.

9. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

I think the landfill is a safe bet and it wouldnt surprise me if some of the clothing they discovered and entered into evidence via photos is hers. I was in awe of the child who went to bat for Jhessye and told the truth regardless. I would like Shirley to see some charges and jail time, but that is pure spite on my part. The only time I saw Jerice animated was when she said she wasnt a monster-really? I wonder what her definition of a monster is. If Jhessye wasnt tossed in the garbage, than I pray she will surface soon not for her sake, but for ours. :(

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

On anniversary of 1 missing child, search for another continues

Tuesday marks five years since the woman accused in Jhessye Shockley's death reported her missing from their Glendale apartment.

The search began Oct. 11, 2011 and her body has not been found.

Another high-profile search has recently been consuming the headlines.

Jesse Wilson, of Buckeye,was last seen by his mom the night of Sunday, July 17. His mom, Crystal Wilson called police early Monday morning to report him missing. Police and volunteers have been looking for the boy ever since.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/33367...-1-missing-child-search-for-another-continues

Jesse's thread - http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ing-from-buckeye-az-17-july-2016-age-10.4512/

Akoya, spike and fran like this.
  11. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Jhessye's NamUs Report:

Case Report - NamUs MP # 14919

Case Information
    Status Missing
    First name Jhessye
    Middle name
    Last name Shockley
    Nickname/Alias
    NCMEC number 1181452
    Date last seen October 11, 2011 04:10
    Date entered 06/06/2012
    Age last seen 5 to 5 years old
    Age now 11 years old
    Race Black/African American
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 41.0
    Weight (pounds) 55.0

Circumstances
    City Glendale
    State Arizona
    Zip code 85301
    County Maricopa
    Circumstances
    Jhessye was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jean shorts, and pink sandals.

Physical
    Hair color Black
    Head hair
    Hair worn in pony tail
    Body hair

Facial hair

Left eye color Brown
    Right eye color Brown
    Eye description

No known distinctive body features
    Distinctive features as described below
    Amputations
    Deformities
    Scars and marks
    Tattoos
    Piercings
    Artificial body parts
    and aids
    Finger and toe nails
    Other distinctive
    physical characteristics

Medical
    Foreign objects
    Skeletal information

Clothing and Accessories
    Clothing and accessories are unknown
    Clothing and accessories are described below
    Clothing
    White t-shirt, blue jean shorts
    Footwear
    Pink sandals
    Jewelry

Eyewear

Accessories

Transportation Methods
    Vehicle make
    Vehicle model
    Year
    Style
    Vehicle color
    Tag type
    Tag number
    Tag state
    Expiration year
    Vehicle comments

Airline

Bus

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

Fingerprint Information

Investigating Agency
    Title Detective
    First name Roger
    Last name Geisler
    Phone 623-930-3000
    Website
    Case number 11100318
    Date reported
    Jurisdiction Local
    Agency Glendale Police Department
    Address 1 6835 North 57th Drive
    Address 2
    City Glendale
    State Arizona
    Zip code 85301

Akoya, Uno2Much and spike like this.
  12. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

One of the photos of Jhessye I remember most.

upload_2018-3-7_15-2-52.png

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Uno2Much, patsella and Akoya like this.