1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

JODY LECORNU: Towson University student murdered in Maryland - 1996

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Kimster, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Jody LeCornu, who was a Towson University student at the time of her death, was discovered dead in her white Honda Civic, which was parked not far from her home in the Mount Washington section of Baltimore.

Police can’t say with absolute certainty that LeCornu knew her killer, who they believe approached her car and spoke with her for a bit before firing a single shot into her back.

LeCornu tried to escape her killer by driving across the street to the parking lot where her body would be found hours later, according to investigators.

But witnesses told detectives they saw an African-American man follow her across the street. He reached in through the driver’s side window, which was already rolled down, and shut the car off before taking something from the vehicle.

http://people.com/crime/detectives-working-to-bring-justice-to-twin-murdered-20-years-ago/

[​IMG]

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...elp-solve-1996-murder-of-towson-student.4474/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Mel70, spike and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

spike likes this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

On 22nd Anniversary Of Unsolved Murder, Baltimore Co. Police Seek Tips

Twenty-two years to the day since her death, Baltimore County police continue to seek leads in the murder of Joann "Jody" LeCornu.

Just before 4 a.m. on March 2, 1996, police were called to the 6300 block of York Road, just north of the city line. Police found LeCornu, 23, in her car, suffering from a gunshot wound. Police found she was shot in the back while in her car on the lot of the Drumcastle Shoppking Center, then drove her car onto York Road and across the street to York Road Plaza.

Witnesses told police about a male suspect who followed LeCornu's car across the street and took an unknown item from her car. He then drove southbound on York Road in a white BMW. He was described only as a black man with a stocky build and wearing a drab or green Army-style coat.

Last year, LeCornu's twin sister Jenny Carrieri talked to Robert Lang about her frustrations over the case.

"They have fingerprints, but they haven't been able to match it up," Carrieri said. "They have several suspects they have videos they have lots of evidence."

She said her sister was at the Mount Washington Tavern and had an argument with her boyfriend on the night she died.

“I don’t think it was a random act, I think it was someone she knew," she said. "I think there are people at the Mount Washington Tavern who know things. I just think there are people out there who know."

Anyone with information is asked to call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP, text "MCS" followed by a message to CRIMES (274637) or visit their website.

http://www.wbal.com/article/297930/...unsolved-murder-baltimore-co-police-seek-tips

Mel70 likes this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'Find my killer:' Twin sister plans billboard on road where her sister, Jody LeCornu, was slain in 1996

About a mile from down the road from where Jody LeCornu was fatally shot in 1996, her twin sister has planned a billboard emblazoned with the young woman’s face and a simple plea — “Find my killer.”

The billboard is Jennifer Carrieri’s latest push in a more than 20-year effort to keep LeCornu’s memory alive and to draw out new information about her murder.

“I don't know that everybody watches the news or TV so I'm hoping it reaches someone who doesn't know the story,” Carrieri said of the billboard.

The new billboard is bright red, with a photo of LeCornu smiling next to an offer for a $32,000 reward and the date of her death. The sign is planned to go up Oct. 29 — one day after the twins’ birthday — in the 5700 block of York Road, near St. Dunstans Road.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-billboard-joann-lecornu-20181026-story.html

[​IMG]

Mel70 likes this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

$100K Reward Offered To Help Solve 1996 Murder Of Towson Student

The reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspect responsible for the 1996 murder of Jody LeCornu went up Saturday to $100,000.

Since then, a billboard has been put up at 5722 York Rd. near St. Dunstans Rd. in Baltimore County, asking for assistance from the community and offering an initial reward of $32,000.

A new billboard advertising the newly increased reward is on display at 5716 York Rd in the Govans Section of Baltimore

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/12/08/police-offer-100k-reward-in-1996-murder-of-jody-lecornu/

[​IMG]

Mel70, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

23 Years Later, Police And Family Seek Leads On Woman's Killing

Jenny Carrieri has been involved in the search for the killer of twin sister Jody LeCornu for almost as long as LeCornu was alive. But even as the 23rd anniversary of LeCornu's death approaches, Carrieri still has hope

"It's really hard, it really is, and I just put every part of me into this," Carrieri told Robert Lang.

Carrieri said a billboard her family put up near the scene has, to her knowledge, spurred several tips to police. Carrieri is also coordinating several new billboards in Baltimore City, at 3827 Pulaski Hwy., 1900 S. Hanover St., and 2540 Greenmount Ave. She's also made a number of pleas in national media, including on HLN and recently in People magazine.

"I just feel like hopefully somewhere somebody's going to hear something," Carrieri said.

https://www.wbal.com/article/375817/3/23-years-later-police-and-family-seek-leads-on-womans-killing

Mel70 and Kimster like this.
  7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I really hate when a large reward is posted because it is felt that is the only way it is thought any information will be given. Then that person holding that info should get NOTHING!