1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CO JOE KELLER: Missing from Antonito, CO - 23 July 2015 - Age 19 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by fran, Jul 27, 2015.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Joe Keller, of Cleveland, Tenn., went missing near the town of Horca
    [​IMG]

Joe Keller, of Cleveland, Tenn., arrived in the valley with friends as part of a cross-country road trip and went running near the town of Horca about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Officials say he went missing in a mountainous area.

"He was on a cross-country road trip with two of his friends," Megan Curtis, a sheriff's office official, said Monday. "They had been out for about two weeks. This one was one of their stops before they headed home."

Curtis said foul play is not currently being considered as a factor in the teen's disappearance.

Keller is described as being in "good physical condition" standing about 5-feet 7-inches tall and 160 pounds with blond spiked hair.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...authorities-seek-tennessee-teen-missing-since

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/joe-keller-missing-from-antonito-colorado.619/

noZme and GarAndMo49 like this.
  2. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Another runner/hiker? Praying he's found alive and well.

fran likes this.
  3. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

The article posted above is old, the authorities are now considering criminal activity. I can't find the TV station article link again to show you, but I read it on a CO station's site.

@Madge5 - what do you mean by another? Is there a string in CO lately or are you speaking of the people missing parks over the last few years?

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller

noZme, Lily, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

Lily likes this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Lily likes this.
  6. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the info KenC.
    I'm not sure LE, at this point believes there is foul play. I know that when looking for a missing person, LE does investigate it as a crime, so maybe that's whe they met. I don't know.

Oh, and KenC ......... :welcome:

Lily, GarAndMo49, Sheridan and 2 others like this.
  7. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

I'm not able to be there, so I can't speak to that. I would imagine at this point that canvasing a larger radius in towns while distributing pictures and asking questions would be more effective. Joe could not have gone that far from the original point on foot. Need a wider net I would think. If you're local, I'm sure any help will certainly be appreciated.

Scoobie, Lily, Sheridan and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

I am not a local, but I will do everything I can to get the word out!

To those reading here, if you are local and have the ability to help, please let us know!

Lily likes this.
  9. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

Meant to post this FB link:

There is a $10K reward for info to find Joe Keller.
    Conejos County Sheriff (719) 376-2196

I don't Facebook, so if you know anyone in south CO or north NM please share.

Thanks

Lily, GarAndMo49, fran and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kimster

We'll get him on our Facebook now. I've also put a notice up on our front page.

11. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

Thank you so much

Kimster likes this.
  12. Kimster

I hope it helps! I've also tweeted a couple of times today and will continue. :praying:

Lily likes this.
  13. Ken C

Ken C Active Member

UPDATE: 7/28/2015 - 11AM EDT
    Still no sign of Joe or leads in the search area. Search teams have thoroughly combed the area and have turned up no clues. At this point, authorities are suspecting some type of foul play/abduction. Given the time since Joe's disappearance, this could mean that he is a few miles away or a few hundred miles away. Please continue to spread the word so that people everywhere are aware and continuing to be on the lookout for anything that would assist in finding him.

Lily, GarAndMo49, Sheridan and 2 others like this.
  14. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

My cousin's son is friends with this young man. I pray that he is found soon.

noZme, Takeitfromme, Lily and 5 others like this.
  15. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

16. Kimster

Lily and Imamazed like this.
  17. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I am not able to find the town of Horca. Only that it's 22 miles west of Antonito.

Lily likes this.
  18. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Rainbow Trout Ranch is 24 miles west of Animoto on Hwy 17. Very mountainous area.

image.jpg

GarAndMo49, spike and Kimster like this.
  19. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Taken from the FB page posted above by @Ken C by the young man who was running with Joe.

"July 24, 2015 - 10:49 EDT
    Collin Gwaltney:

MISSING PERSON:
    Many of you probably already know this, but Joe Keller, Christian Fetzner, and I are on a cross country road trip and are currently in Colorado. On July 23, 2015 at 4:25 p.m. Mountain time, Joe and I went on a run. Our plan was to run for 1 hour. I ran ahead of him and ran 30 minutes in one direction and then turned around and nobodysaw him after that. Joe is 5'6" or 5'7" and about 153 pounds. I'll keep everyone updated on any new findings via facebook. The first picture is of the shoes he was wearing. We believe they may be Merrell or Brooks brand, but aren't sure. Message me if you can identify them. The second picture shows Joe's build and the third picture shows his face. I don't have cell service, only wifi. If anyone has any questions or thoughts, feel free to express them via facebook — with Joe Keller."

noZme, Lily, GarAndMo49 and 1 other person like this.
  20. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Joe's Facebook. Has a variety of photos of him which could aid in helping find him. Also, somebody on the Find Joe Keller FB page said he has a British accent

https://www.facebook.com/joe.keller.501

Lily likes this.