1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL JOLEEN CUMMINGS: Missing from Fernandina Beach, FL - 12 May 2018 - Age 34

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Scorpio, May 22, 2018.

1. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

IMO .. I don't think LE has received a 'lot' of tips from the public.
    https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...with-information-to-come-forward/77-560687207

Published: 3:46 PM EDT June 1, 2018
    Updated: 6:02 PM EDT June 1, 2018

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

FBI profiling local woman suspected in Florida woman's disappearance, man says

A Florida man who claims to have known Kimberly Kessler while she was going by the name Jennifer Sybert believes the FBI is profiling Kessler to see if she could be linked to unsolved homicides in other states.

The man said he knew Kessler from 2010 to 2012, but she was going by one of her 19 aliases at the time.

"She was very secretive. She wouldn't say anything about family or anything like that or her past," the man said.

He said detectives are working with the FBI, questioning people in the 34 cities in which Kessler is believed to have lived.

The man said he got the idea that detectives thought Kessler may have killed people in other states and said detectives use the words "serial killer" when discussing Kessler with him.

Kessler will be arraigned on an auto theft charge on Thursday, but authorities aren't sure if she'll appear in court.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...-fla-woman-s-disappearance-man-says/763481854

Akoya, MicciStellaBoGi, spike and 4 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

One man's search for missing mother Joleen Cummings

It's been nearly a month since Nassau County mother Joleen Cummings went missing. So far, the Nassau County Sheriff's Office and other law enforcement agencies haven't been able to find her; deputies believe she isn't alive. One local man is taking it upon himself to search for her.

“This is my hobby, I can’t golf, I can’t fish, so I do this," Daniel McKinney said.

McKinney doesn't just sit around if he knows there's an active search for a missing person. Instead, he decides to suit up in snake boots and camo and trek through the woods to help.

Since the disappearance of Cummings, he's searched behind a few shopping centers and truck stops.

The Nassau County Sheriff Office say they have evidence that makes them believe Cummings is dead.

“I’m thinking that it would not be a real off-road environment," he said.

McKinney says his research shows most missing people are found roughly 40 feet from woods or road.

In the past three years, McKinney says he's uncovered cars and a few bodies, one from the water and another on land.

Anywhere where someone may leave a paper trail, McKinney sorts through what he can, hoping it will provide a clue. One of our stops produced a cooler and shopping cart, but no receipts.

He snaps photos of interesting finds along the way. He’s taken note of the photo police released of a woman they say is a suspect in Cummings' disappearance.

“I saw the scratch on her face, I’m thinking possible a barb sire fence, so whenever I see a fenced area I’m interested in that," he said.

The avid searcher says even though his operation is small, others should be encouraged to search themselves.

“We may not find Joleen in this search, but we may find something valuable in another missing person’s search," he said.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...r-missing-mother-joleen-cummings/77-561804832

Akoya, MicciStellaBoGi, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh my gosh. Major drifter!

Akoya, Tammy, MicciStellaBoGi and 3 others like this.
  5. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Suspect in stylist's disappearance pleads not guilty to stealing SUV
    Co-worker of Joleen Cummings not charged in disappearance

YULEE, Fla. - A woman investigators suspect was involved in the disappearance of a Nassau County mother entered a not guilty plea Thursday morning on a separate charge.

snip

It was under that name that she entered a written not guilty plea Thursday to the grand theft auto charge. She waived her court appearance. Her next court date will be June 28.

She has not been charged in Cummings' disappearance, but Leeper indicated that more charges are likely when evidence clears a crime lab.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...o-stylist-s-disappearance-appear-before-judge

noZme, Akoya, Tammy and 4 others like this.
  6. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

noZme, Kimster, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  7. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Sheriff: Ex-boyfriend of missing stylist no longer person of interest

YULEE, Fla. - The ex-boyfriend of a beloved Nassau County stylist who has been missing for nearly a month and is presumed dead is no longer considered a person of interest in her disappearance, Sheriff Bill Leeper said Thursday.

Snip

Authorities initially named Gee a person of interest in Cummings' disappearance, after he refused to answer questions about the case when he was arrested.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...-missing-stylist-no-longer-person-of-interest

noZme, Akoya, Tammy and 3 others like this.
  8. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

I'll be glad when LE releases more information, just waiting on anything. Or the "shock" sheriff Leeper talked about.

noZme, Akoya, Paradise and 6 others like this.
  9. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

Just in the news, Kessler has been moved to the Duval Co jail cause she is not eating. She hasn't eaten since June 2nd.
    She will be moved back once she starts eating.
    Heard on TV action news Jax.

10. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Thanks for the update! Here's the link.

Suspect in stylist's disappearance moved to Duval County jail after hunger strike

https://www.news4jax.com/news/suspe...oved-to-duval-county-jail-after-hunger-strike

noZme, MicciStellaBoGi, Tammy and 5 others like this.
  11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

A Florida man who claims to have known Kimberly Kessler while she was going by the name Jennifer Sybert believes the FBI is profiling Kessler to see if she could be linked to unsolved homicides in other states.

The man said he knew Kessler from 2010 to 2012, but she was going by one of her 19 aliases at the time.

"She was very secretive. She wouldn't say anything about family or anything like that or her past," the man said.

"A local detective looked me up and showed up with a 25-to-30-minute questionnaire," the man said.

He said detectives are working with the FBI, questioning people in the 34 cities in which Kessler is believed to have lived.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...-fla-woman-s-disappearance-man-says/763481854

noZme, Akoya, MicciStellaBoGi and 6 others like this.
  12. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

FBI presence at southeast Georgia landfill in connection with Joleen Cummings investigation

The FBI is present at a landfill in southeast Georgia in connection to the case of Joleen Cummings, the missing woman out of Nassau County.

Author: WTLV
    Published: 12:52 PM EDT July 6, 2018
    Updated: 1:06 PM EDT July 6, 2018

According to the spokesperson for Waste Management, the FBI is the lead agency at the Chesser Island Landfill in Charlton County. The FBI sent a press release to Waste Management regarding their presence there in connection to the Cummings investigation.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...th-joleen-cummings-investigation/77-571323427

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI begins 7-day search of Georgia landfill to find answers in Fla. woman's disappearance

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is searching a Georgia landfill for answers surrounding a missing woman.

Agents will be searching the site for the next seven days.

According to the FBI, Kimberly Kessler, who was reported missing from Butler in 2004, was seen on surveillance video in May throwing something into a dumpster north of Jacksonville.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...nswers-in-fla-woman-s-disappearance/785007556

15. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Mother of local woman stands by her after arrest in Fla. woman's disappearance

"People can snap but, of course, I'd say, 'No, I can't even fathom such a thing,'" Connie Kessler said of her daughter's suspected involvement.

Kessler believes her daughter's troubles started nearly 20 years ago when, she said, her son, Evan, was taken from her by his father.

"My daughter went in search of him," Connie Kessler said. "That was the reason she changed her name in the first place, so that she could go back to Virginia to look for Evan."

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...arrest-in-fla-woman-s-disappearance/784544524

16. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

This story gets more strange by the day where this family is concerned...there was another news story where her mother claimed she was told her son passed away. And thats what sent her into hiding and using aliases in search of answers in the childs death or if it was even true...ill see if i can find the article.

17. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

18. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

19. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for evidence in Georgia landfill concludes Friday in Joleen Cummings case

After battling brutal temperatures all week in a search for evidence in the mid-May disappearance of Joleen Cummings, investigators announced Friday they will conclude their efforts at a Georgia landfill after combing through about 3,300 tons of trash.

Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper said they did find multiple items of interest at the Chesser Island Road Landfill near Folkston that will be sent to a Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory, but he would not elaborate on what was found.

“We believe we have done all we can do here,” Leeper said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...fill-concludes-friday-in-joleen-cummings-case