1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL JOLEEN CUMMINGS: Missing from Fernandina Beach, FL - 12 May 2018 - Age 34

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Scorpio, May 22, 2018.

1. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Community raises money for Joleen Cummings' children

Months after Joleen Cummings' disappearance, the community is banding together to ease her family's financial burden.

Auctions at the Sliders Seaside Grill raised at least $5,000. Joleen’s birthday fell on Mother’s Day this year, the day she was last seen.

[...]

Action News Jax reached out to the FBI’s Jacksonville division and Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper asking if any of the items of interest are linked to primary suspect Kimberly Kessler. FBI spokesperson Amanda Warford Videll tells us NCSO is leading the investigation and it may take weeks before those answers are revealed.

Kessler has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for August 2nd. Investigators said she’s not cooperating.

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The mother explained she wants to keep the search for her daughter fresh in everyone’s mind.

“Do you ever have complete closure? No, you never have complete closure. But, you need that. We need my daughter found,” she described.

According to Johnson the entire family is struggling, but Cummings’ children are suffering the most.

She said, “My living room is like a shrine. We talk about her, the good times. Her 10-year-old is the one most affected.”

Kessler’s next court date is set for August 23rd.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/joleen-cummings-mom-sends-message-for-suspect/804343575

3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Awful. My heart breaks for Joleen's family.

The mother of she-who-had-many-many-names-&-trouble-always-followed-her is herself, IMO, very troubled.

It's so sad to see these cases that could be solved if someone would sit down & tell the truth for 5 minutes. Our courts are clogged with ridiculousness like ths.

4. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

MicciStellaBoGi, Akoya, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Thank goodness for taxi cab drivers that have an ounce of Common Sense.

6. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/russellanjax/status/1038168884937936899

.@NCSO_FL holding 6 p.m. news conference updating investigation into the disappearance of #JoleenCummings. @ActionNewsJax asked the Sheriff yesterday, & he wasn't sure we'd have an update any time soon.

So this could be HUGE.

@RyanANJax will be there. actionnewsjax.com/news/local/jol…

I hope I copied this correctly.

Hopefully something new.

7. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

Just said on news action news Jax will carry live and on line.

Action News4Jax.com

Kimster, Tammy and kdg411 like this.
  8. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

9. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

She is being charged with 1st degree murder in the death of Joleen.

10. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

The sheriff says Joleen left behind "plenty of evidence" and hopes it will lead to her body.
    The sheriff says when all the details come on the community will be shocked.

11. Kimster

I had a feeling this would happen eventually. Thank goodness! It's really frustrating when we pretty much know who killed someone and they don't get arrested. Now where is Joleen?

Akoya, Tammy, Uno2Much and 1 other person like this.
  12. Phil

Phil New Member

quite an amazing case from what i've read so far in and outside these threads. I'm not sure that this girl even exists anymore, as in, there are or could be no remains to look for or locate. the video from inside the store only says she was there a long time. the cabbie makes a few assumptions which can hurt the case. the news conference provided only a limited amt of information. appears her mom has been put thru the wringer. looks like the case will go forward w/o a body. I wonder what the success rate is on other no-body prosecutions, especially on 1st degree premeditated. sad case no matter how it turns out.

Tammy, kdg411, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

No Body Murder Trials
    US DA out of DC runs a blog at the link above. The document opens as a pdf which details the cases of no-body trials.
    HTH

Tammy, Phil, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kimster

15. Phil

Phil New Member

I found a few more items to review online. What's with the "sleuth" groups? Are they gonna solve this case for the sheriffs office? Anyone know their intent? Could not see much within and very hesitant to join. Anyone?

spike and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

I think that each person has their own reasons for following crime cases. Mine is to get the word out and try to encourage those who have information to call in their tips. My other intention is to get out information on all the thousands who are unidentified in hopes of getting their remains back to their loved ones.

Akoya, Tammy, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  17. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

:flirt: and we all luv ya for it :flirt:

Akoya, Kimster, spike and 1 other person like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Motion filed to stop release of materials in Joleen Cummings' case

Kimberly Kessler's legal team has filed a motion in her case to prohibit the public release of materials collected by the State Attorney's Office.

The motion highlights that local online groups have taken a keen interest in Kessler's case and may contribute to her not having a fair trial.

The motion states that an online group known as "Kim Kessler Missing Pieces Sleuth Group" post copies of court documents and interviews with law enforcement personnel. It suggests that this group, as well as three similar groups, "generated thousands of unfounded comments and theories regarding the facts of this case, and of the defendant's character" and that "dissemination of such materials to the public would be a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

It argues that the release of the materials will ultimately prevent Kessler from having a fair trial.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...aterials-in-joleen-cummings-case/77-616890993

spike and kdg411 like this.
  19. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Investigative report reveals relationship between Kessler, Cummings

The missing woman's body still hasn't been found. Some things of note mentioned in the investigative report, all of which were documented by the Nassau County Sheriff's Office:
    • Kessler replied to an ad placed on Craiglist by Tangles, the hairdresser both she and Cummings worked at.
    • Kessler, who also goes by the alias Jennifer Sybert, told Nassau County deputies her ex-boyfriend was a computer stalker and would track her down if her name was filed in a police report.
    [...]

Kessler is held in the Duval County jail, where she's been since June after a hunger strike at the Nassau County Jail. Her next hearing is slated for Jan. 3.

(more at link)

Kimster and Tammy like this.
  20. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

So the only 2 new things I see that hasn’t already been reported on previously .......

1) Cummings knew something wasn’t right and wanted to do an internet search on Kessler!
    “IMO Kessler knew she was about to be exposed so did something to Cummings :-( “

2) Kessler told another inmate the reason Cummings is missing is because she did something to her child
    “Imo She said this to try and put doubt out there...when I say that I mean as in with “mental issues” so she can claim it as a defense”

This Lady is smarter than we think!!! But She knows where that poor girl is...She needs to give this family their closure and tell what happened :-(

Prayers for the Cummings relatives and any past victims there may have been at this woman’s hands :-(

GatorD, Kimster, Paradise and 2 others like this.