1. January is National Stalking Awareness Month
    3.4 million people over the age of 18 are stalked each year in the United States
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

JON BENET RAMSEY: What's your theory on what happened to her?

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Vicky, Jan 8, 2016.

1. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Also many think they did not get off easy and that they were already guilty in the minds of investigators. That is not true. They got it easy! No accountability. They were not grilled to the extent they should have been. People closest to the victim are almost always investigated first in cases such as these. Its protocol.

Why were the parents released so soon?
    “We also should have separated John and Patsy and gotten full statements from them that day,” Beckner has said.

Letting them go was a big mistake, as they soon lawyered up and we did not get to formally interview them again until May of 1997, five months after their daughter was murdered.”

Ridiculous! This was the first case of its kind for the boulder PD so I can kind of understand why they screwed up and didn’t separate the parents when trying to get initial statement. No child had been murdered and had a ransom note left before in that town, but then again FBI hadn’t seen many instances of such a lengthy and potentially incriminating ransom note left in a home where the body already had been placed.

2. DaisyChains

What happened with the grand jury?
    In 1999, a grand jury voted to indict both Ramsey parents for the crime. But the district attorney declined to sign the indictment, citing thin evidence, and instead said no further court action would be taken. That decision only came to light in 2013.

This is the same GJ that found the Ramsey’s guilty of child abuse. The DA Was wrong to disregard the multiple opinions of civilians invested in this case and entrusted with good faith to decide with a fair and just mind. It’s as if one man’s opinion was more important than the people’s.

That DNA found on her undies clearly could have been from any number of persons who handled them during manufacturing. It wasn’t exactly significant enough of a sample. It could be absolute direct evidence from her attacker, but possibly could also be of a foreign unrelated source that may have handled the panties before the attack. We just don’t know.

In short, you cannot base guilt or lack there of on a LIMITED sample that can’t be proven as being present when the attack happened instead of prior to the attack. So for the DA to base guilt/innocence off of a limited sample of unknown origin (how it got there) is RIDICULOUSSSS. It seems he cleared the parents based on a limited unknown sample. Not smart.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. DaisyChains

4. DaisyChains

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I continue to bounce around this case like a basketball. One minute I think this, the next I think that.

I really, really wish they'd get a match on that undetermined DNA sample.

6. DaisyChains

The problem is the sample is insufficient and limited - only respresenting a few genetic markers, but not enough to have a profile to work from. I‘m wondering if the prosecution ever brought that up during the grand jury trial?

Ladyslug, Uno2Much, spike and 2 others like this.
  7. DaisyChains

UHHHH... Anyone seen John Ramsey's handwriting before? Kind of... interesting. Hm maybe John covered it up all on his own! I wish there was a more complete sample of his writing! Holy moly!

http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/2012/07/some-handwriting-evidence.html

Again, I agree with Arndt in having sympathy for Patsy and suspicions about John. Arndt befriended Patsy and I'm convinced that she understood Patsy's heart and innocence.

Ladyslug, spike, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

I continue to stand my ground.
    Intruder, lurking within the house for hours. Waiting.
    Each moment, for him/her, more thrilling.

Had a need to hurt the parents in the deepest most horrific way.

9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Ooooh, yessss... this is my a 'safe space' to talk about that guy, lol... and will, when I get my thoughts together.

Another one whose behaviour is stand-out (to put it very, very mildly indeed) is Santa Bill.

I really cannot settle with this family's most (obviously) beloved and treasured child dying while her parents watched -- let alone them doing the garotte and strangling her with it like that, and poking a sharp stick into her.

If John is such a psychopathic pedo as to be --able-- to do that, he'd have harmed other kids, no doubt about that, very likely his own or those close in proximity. Not a single clue or word he's ever been untoward to a child, from anyone.

YET.. and isn't there --always- a 'yet' in this crime???? maddening -- they could indeed have been a lot more co-operative and it's hard to comprehend why they were not. Unless someone warned them not to be? Ie, they were told the cops were eyeballing them, from the get-go. That'd make me run for the nearest bunker, even if I was innocent.

Ladyslug, Uno2Much, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  10. spike

spike Bronze Member

Lily, Santa Bill creeps me out.
    If not he, then possibly an associate. IMO

Ladyslug, Lily and Cousin Dupree like this.