1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

JON BENET RAMSEY: What's your theory on what happened to her?

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Vicky, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

That doesn't change the facts. :p

Uno2Much, spike and Paradise like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

You don't know the real facts.
    Nobody does.
    Yet.

Uno2Much, Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Boulder DA: New round of Ramsey DNA tests completed, more could follow

A renewed wave of DNA testing in the JonBenet Ramsey case has been completed and although investigators are not talking about what was learned, further forensic examination of evidence in the case could still be on tap.

In the wake of the Daily Camera/9News investigation, Boulder Police Chief Greg Testa and Garnett both announced — separately but on the same day — that their offices would pursue new DNA testing in the star-crossed homicide probe.

Dougherty's remarks are the first time a Boulder official has discussed that renewed round of tests. Although plans for that testing were announced in December 2016, the evidence to be examined was not forwarded to the CBI until mid-2017, he disclosed.

"CBI (the Colorado Bureau of Investigation) conducted testing using contemporary DNA analysis and methods," Dougherty said. "I do not know what specific items were tested and Chief Testa is not going to comment on it. I personally don't actually know, but I do know that items, plural, were submitted to CBI for analysis."

He did say, however, concerning the DNA sample entered into CODIS in 2003, "The quality of the sample met the standards for entry into the CODIS database."

Testa also confirmed completion of the most recent tests.

"I will just say I was pleased with the work CBI completed for us," Testa said. "As you know, this is a challenging case. We continue to work with the CBI and the DA's office, as we review the case and evidence in the case. I think that's all I will say, and can say, about the case."

"The testing of the items that were submitted was completed, and the Boulder PD and CBI are continuing to evaluate those results, but also additional items that might be appropriate for testing," he said.

"I just had a conversation with the director of the CBI forensic lab the other day, in which she was encouraging me, in all cold-case homicides, to have police re-submit evidence for testing because their technology continues to develop at such a pace that it makes it worthwhile to go back and test — even, evidence (previously tested) just a few years ago," he said.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_31978411/boulder-da-new-round-ramsey-dna-tests-completed

Uno2Much, Steve, Tammy and 6 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Trying to clean the cobwebs out of my head, but wasn't there unmatched DNA on her body?

Takeitfromme, Steve, Tammy and 3 others like this.
  5. Cousin Dupree

I believe the only DNA in the case was on her panties and that was using touch DNA. Touch DNA was in it's infancy at the time and they didn't know how sensitive it was. There was some speculation that it could have even been the DNA of someone who worked in the factory.

I should look up more about the recent developments in touch DNA.

spike, Uno2Much, Takeitfromme and 4 others like this.
  6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

They're saying 'items'.. so maybe they're testing other objects now.

7. Cousin Dupree

This is from 2016:

https://nypost.com/2016/09/12/jonbenet-ramsey-series-questions-key-dna-evidence/

JonBenét Ramsey series questions key DNA evidence

By Andrea Morabito
    September 12, 2016 | 6:31am

...But when current Boulder DA Stan Garnett was elected in 2009 and took over the case, Coombes says he became aware of a mishandling of the DNA testing, that “They had deviated and dropped down to four markers as opposed to the standard [13]” usually used in forensic analysis....

“We all shed DNA all the time within our skin cells. It can be deposited anywhere at any time for various reasons, reasons that are benign,” Coombes says. “To clear somebody just on the premise of touch DNA, especially when you have a situation where the crime scene wasn’t secure at the beginning . . . really is a stretch.”...

Uno2Much, Lily, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

A lot of science has happened since 2009.
    May not be such a stretch at all.

Uno2Much, Lily, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  9. Cousin Dupree

I agree. I just hope the new DA doesn't take the "Never look into the Ramsey's seriously" tactic like Mary Lacy did.

Uno2Much, Lily, spike and 2 others like this.
  10. Cousin Dupree

I have the low sugar shakes. I don't have anything in the house sugary enough for a quick fix so I made some stuff that used bread and just finished eating it. I'm starting to feel better.

Uno2Much, spike, Tammy and 1 other person like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

A BAG OF JELLY BEANS, GUMMY BEARS, SWEDISH FISH????
    BUY THEM AND HANG THE BAGS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE.
    :bat:

Uno2Much, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  12. Cousin Dupree

I thought I was posting that in basement. :doh: I just went out and got some Coke.

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh swell.
    Now you're doing coke.
    :smack:

Lily and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. Cousin Dupree

Hey baby, Coke is the real thing. Don't harsh my buzz. :okay:

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

:slap:Snap out of it!

Uno2Much and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. Blue G 3

Blue G 3 Active Member

Steve, Kimster, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  17. Blue G 3

Blue G 3 Active Member

Also, Ramsey's former house keeper was one of the witnesses who testified before the Boulder County grand jury. She had some very interesting things to say about a Swiss Army knife and the blanket that was around JonBenet.
    https://rense.com//general11/benet.htm

Steve, Kimster, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  18. Cousin Dupree

:welcome:

Always nice to see new members here.

I seem to recall seeing that. I know the Whites went from defending the Ramseys to believing they were hiding something.

Blue G 3, Steve, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

I have not seen the housekeepers story before. Thanks.

Blue G 3, Steve, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  20. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Thank you so much for linking that. My blood still boils at the mention of Alex Hunter.

Blue G 3, Steve, spike and 3 others like this.