1. January is National Stalking Awareness Month
    3.4 million people over the age of 18 are stalked each year in the United States
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

MI JUSTIN HOLT: Missing from Muskegon County, MI - 3 Jan 2018 - Age 35

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 10, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Missing man was threatened by ex-wife's boyfriend, friends say

[​IMG]

The Muskegon County Sheriff's Department is asking for your help to solve a missing person case.

Justin Holt, 35, is from the Twin Lake area and hasn't been heard from since Wednesday, Jan. 3.

Deputies say his car is still at his home in the 6000 block of 10th Street, where he lives alone. Holt was reported missing by friends who said he was threatened by his ex-wife's boyfriend. The couple lives in Louisiana.

Holt and his ex-wife have had custody disputes over their minor children in the past. He is described as 6'2" tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. He wears glasses, has a goatee and his hair is cut very short.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/la...d-by-ex-wifes-boyfriend-friends-say/506512043

Police seek help locating missing Muskegon County man

The public's help is sought in locating a Muskegon County man who has been missing for nearly a week.

Justin Lee Holt, 35, was last seen Wednesday, Jan. 3, near Bayne and Maple Island roads, according to the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office. However, it's believed that he likely had been at his home in Cedar Creek Township after that sighting, according to a press release from the sheriff's office.

Holt is described as 6-feet-2-inches with very short blonde hair and blue eyes. He wears glasses and a goatee and was last seen in blue jeans and a yellow T-shirt with the saying "Got Perch?"

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/01/police_seek_help_locating_miss.html

[​IMG]

Edited by staff to add media link
    https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...2018-in-muskegon-county-mi.2938/#comment-3003

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    NOCLUE, noZme, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Muskegon County man vanishes; family looking for answers

A number of questions surround Justin Holt's disappearance. The 35-year-old's brother said he last talked to him Wednesday, just before midnight. Family and friends formed a search party Monday afternoon outside his rural home in the Twin Lakes area.

“We don’t know where he’s gone. All his accounts… nothing’s happened on ‘em. His phone’s been shut off. He is missing,” Patrick Platt, Holt's stepfather told FOX 17.

Holt’s family and friends said it’s not like him to take off and not tell anyone. His only vehicle is still parked on the street. Loved ones said they've previously searched the property but found no clue of his whereabouts.

“One of his close people would know where he’s at," his cousin Damon Ellis said.

His stepfather said, “He doesn’t disappear. He’s always around. You can always get a hold of him. He’s got his own business going on, and he answers the phone within 20 minutes.”

An apparent threat fuels their concerns. On Tuesday, Holt posted on Facebook that his ex-wife's boyfriend threatened to fly to Michigan from Louisiana to kill him, although he didn’t appear to take it too seriously. Family said Holt is in a heated custody battle over their five minor children.

"He laughed it off, but he knew.. he knew this guy does drugs and stuff," Patrick Platt said.

Before Monday's search could even start, we spotted a red substance on the street. It was possibly droplets of blood, and it was once covered by fresh snow.

"Forensics would let you know," Platt said.

The Platts called police who they say already looked around the perimeter of the home. A Muskegon County deputy, a detective and a Michigan state trooper showed up to take a look. As this investigation takes off, Holt's loved ones hope he will be found safe.

Platt said, "Justin’s a big boy. He can take care of himself. Something happened.”

http://fox17online.com/2018/01/08/muskegon-county-man-vanishes-family-looking-for-answers/

NOCLUE, noZme, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I find it pretty unlikely that someone flew from Louisiana to Michigan, after making a death threat, to kill him.
    Anything is possible, of course.
    I do wonder if Justin didn't use the threat to disappear. Or make up the threat entirely.
    At least, I hope he did. Then he's more likely to be okay...

NOCLUE, noZme, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That would be a very strange scenario. I am hoping he just wanted to take a break.

NOCLUE, noZme, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

No updates. I'd think there would be more from LE if they suspected abduction/murder.(Not necessarily though. Often coverage of men is poor.)
    Hoping he is safe.

NOCLUE, noZme, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  8. Steve Levett

Steve Levett New Member

Justin posted this not long before he disappeared. He has a former girlfriend by the name of Lany Santiago, who lives in Allentown

upload_2018-1-12_21-39-49.png

NOCLUE, noZme, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  9. Kimster

NOCLUE, gketwin, noZme and 5 others like this.
  10. Steve Levett

Steve Levett New Member

I hope so!

11. gketwin

gketwin Member

I am the second cousin to the brother of Justin and I can simply confirm this was looked into by police as a lead but unfortunately I can not disclose details of the findings other than he is still missing and no contact by him has been attempted since disappearance.

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, noZme and 3 others like this.
  12. Kimster

:welcome: @gketwin
    I'm sorry we had to meet under sad circumstances.

Justin's disappearance is totally baffling to me. I know you can't disclose information, and we don't want you to because we don't want to hurt the investigation. It's just such a mystery though! Usually I have a finger on what may have happened, but not this time.

From his pictures, he looks like a really nice fun loving fellow! He's appears to be the kind of guy I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a nice craft beer with at an Irish Pub.

13. gketwin

gketwin Member

14. gketwin

gketwin Member

Yeah, I am unfortunately not at liberty to share some details that I do have as I have been unofficially gag ordered because I accidentally gave away some details on evidence I thought was only fake news. smh
    We were being trolled on Facebook by the friends of the ex wife and boy friend so I was trying to scare them into exposing their involvement which is of course suspected.
    I mean the odds of me guessing was unreal.
    Anyways, I was told by detectives to stop or I could be prosecuted.
    I will only say that substantial evidence of foul play was collected and is being examined now and several law enforcement agencies are involved.
    The fact that such long time has passed without contact only confirms what is already a suspected reality. We hope to get justice.
    I have a background in criminal justice with a college degree in field and also law enforcement training. I have a success track record at investigations I guess you can say I do as a hobby. I can take seemingly insignificant facts or limited information and put the puzzle pieces together so they fit without needing to pound a square peg into a round hole.
    I hope to be of use here outside of this particular case regarding Justin.

15. gketwin

gketwin Member

Several updates and info not released to public or media but trust me investigation is ongoing and sufficient evidence is being found.

16. gketwin

gketwin Member

This is the area this happened and it can give you a better idea of how complicated a search can be considering the rural area and heavy trees.
    I was born and raised in this area so I know it well. It is a very small township.

Attached Files:

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, noZme and 2 others like this.
  17. Kimster

I understand why they don't want information being released. I am a graduate of our Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy, and I personally know one of the detectives, and I have been schooled in what evidence can mean down the road. I've toyed with taking a few criminal justice courses just to learn more. It is fascinating, but at this stage in my life I'm not interested in a completely new career. I really really hope you'll decide to keep posting here!

If this case is suspected to be happening in more than one state, I can imagine there are a lot of jurisdictions involved. Is the FBI is involved? I'm not sure if they're automatically called in if the case is interstate.

I can't help but feel terrible for this in this case. Like I said, there is just something about Justin that jumps out at me. Maybe it's the fact that he's just a year older than my oldest son, or that he is just a dad wanting to see his kids, or that he just was trying to laugh off the situation from what I saw on Facebook. It just is so sad!

18. Kimster

It looks beautiful! I'll bet it's been awful cold.

19. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

[​IMG] Thanks for posting this additional info.

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  20. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

[​IMG]

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, noZme and 1 other person like this.