1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Kansas father Michael Jones beat 7-year-old son to death, fed his body to pigs

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Nov 29, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Source: Investigators fear father fed young son to pigs after beating him to death

A gruesome investigation in KCK includes sickening suspicions that a father fed his 7-year-old son to pigs after beating him to death, a source close to the case says.

The women say eight children, ranging from ages 1 to 11, lived inside the home in the 5200 block of N. 99th Street.

Police came to the home Wednesday morning on a report of Michael Jones attacking his wife and firing a gun at her. As the investigation progressed, someone told them to check for the decomposed body of a missing 7-year-old boy.

By the next day, they were searching a barn on the property where they discovered human remains.

Michael Jones is now charged with battering and assaulting his wife on Wednesday but also with "torturing or cruelly beating" his 7-year-old son sometime between May 1 and Sept. 28.

The former babysitters say several people contacted the Kansas Department For Children and Families with concerns about the children. They fear the remains found belong to the boy, and they say they’re watching closely to make sure justice is served.

The women say the seven other children are safe and in protective custody.

Read more: http://www.kptv.com/story/30617948/...pigs-after-beating-him-to-death#ixzz3swUdD8UL

[​IMG]

MULDER, Wow, spike and 1 other person like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kansas Man Held on $10M Bond After Son, 7, Goes Missing, Human Remains Found

A Kansas man is being held on $10 million bond after police discovered his young son missing and then found human remains on his property.

A news release from the Wyandotte County District Attorney's Office said that Jones is accused of "torturing or cruelly beating" his son and of battering and assaulting a 29-year-old woman, who also lived in the home but wasn't the mother of the 7-year-old, according to NBC affiliate KSHB.

Michael Williams, the brother of Jones' wife, told the station that the couple had been together for nine years and he heard stories of mental and physical abuse.

"There are bullet holes in the walls of that house. So I'm sure you can understand what terror may have been going through that household daily," Williams said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kansas-man-held-10m-bond-after-son-7-goes-missing-n470716

MULDER, Wow, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Fyi..this "dad" is also a bail bondsman. Lots of legal peeps here stating they have never heard of such a high amount for bond.

4. charlie

charlie gruntled

5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

The stepmom has now also been charged. I still find a link and post.

MULDER likes this.
  6. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This case is beyond horrific.

MULDER, Wow and guess who like this.
  8. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

So the abuse was known about, and .. never investigated? Did nobody make a report?

So sad about the little 7yo boy.. but also for the surviving kids. They're going to need such a lot of help.... I truly hope they get all the help they'll need.

This tragedy is a classic example of WHY it's so very important to report domestic violence, especially where there's kids in the house.

MULDER likes this.
  9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

These details are terrifying! And think about it --- the little boy was 7yo. This 'thing' and his female thing were together, it says, for seven years....

Where's the little boy's mother? Had the boy been with his 'dad' all that time?

I hope there's an investigation of where the mothers of these three kids are....

---

Six girls who were living at the Jones home, ranging in age from 10 years to younger than 2, were placed in protective custody before Heather Jones was arrested.

Heather and Michael Jones have been married about seven years. Heather Jones’ father said four of the girls are the biological children of Heather and Michael Jones. The other two girls and A.J. are believed to be Michael Jones’ children from previous relationships.

The children who are of school age reportedly were home-schooled.

Gorman said previously he believed that the family had attracted the attention of child welfare officials in the past both in Kansas and in other states, but he had no details.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article49276085.html#storylink=cpy

MULDER and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  10. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I also think there ought to be random welfare checks on EVERY child being "home schooled" --- so many cases where this is another term for "abused" or "neglected" or "raised by crazies" --- too many. Before "home schooling" was a thing, if a kid wasn't in school, authorities knew to go investigate...

MULDER, Wow and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Tragic deaths of home-schooled kids like Janiya Thomas rarely lead to new rules

A Detroit brother and sister vanished more than two years before they were found dead in a freezer in their home, and 11-year-old Janiya Thomas of Bradenton disappeared more than a year before she, too, turned up in a family freezer.

And a 7-year-old Kansas boy hadn't been seen for more than a month before authorities found the gruesome remains of a child in a pigsty inside his family's barn.

All of them were home-schooled, but despite their disappearances going unnoticed for so long, opposition from the government-wary home-schooling community means it's unlikely these states will start keeping closer tabs on home-schooled children.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article48331920.html#storylink=cpy

MULDER, Wow and Lily like this.
  12. spike

spike Bronze Member

IMO...This atrocity had nothing to do with home schooling.

Good grief. I have seen the results of home schooled children who exceed in their academics and glide through college.

These parents should have been on the government radar for reasons beyond the excuse of home schooling.

13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Uh.... hey, it's not like I'm saying "OMG homeschool is BAD". And I have NO idea why you're mentioning college?

But anyway. What I **was** saying is this (just so we're nice & clear):

This is not the first case where homeschooled kids have been abused. And that's because homeschooling is, for *some* highly abusive/controlling parents a *great* way to stay off CPS's radar.`

Too much absence from school is one of the primary red flags for abuse/neglect in the home. The daily contact with non-family members that school provides is also a way to keep tabs on children's general welfare. A huge number of calls to CPS come from schools. Most home schooled kids are involved in activities outside the home. Here, they clearly were not. And in *this case* it's pretty obvious the children for being isolated *for a not very nice reason*.

In cases where there is little or no other contact made with the world outside the family home, I think there needs to be welfare checks. ESPECIALLY where there's a history of domestic violence. <--------- being the *main point*

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  14. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Sorry - I meant to add -- and in my opinion, ALL homeschooled kids need to be checked on, because there's no other way to make sure there's safe and free of harm.

This could be as simple as parents having to provide a list of activities and contacts the kids have, outside the home, which can be checked up on. I see no reason why a good parent would object to something like that, if it means less chance other people's kids might suffer abuse in isolation for years and years.. or until they show up dead. As so many do.

MULDER and spike like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

I get it, Lily. Don't be mad.:hug:

MULDER likes this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

I get it, Lily. Don't be mad.:hug:

MULDER likes this.
  17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

If you saw anger in my above clarification, it wasn't toward you, spike.

It's toward a poorly regulated system that allows creeps like the father in this case to keep their victims on hand all day -- every day -- without the benefit of outside eyes that may have saved this little boy's life.

And the lives of all the other kids who have suffered abuse and died of it, while being isolated from the world. And those who'll suffer the same fate in future.

18. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

MULDER, Wow and Lily like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kansas authorities consider stiffer charges for couple of missing child possibly fed to pigs

Wyandotte County Deputy District Attorney Sheri Lidtke told a judge Tuesday that charges against Michael and Heather Jones may be upgraded to premeditated first-degree murder in the coming weeks.

http://www.shawneedispatch.com/news/2016/jan/19/kansas-authorities-consider-stiffer-charges-couple/

She didn’t say what evidence prosecutors may have to support the new charge, which carries a minimum 50-year prison sentence. The Joneses are currently charged with felony murder, which carries a life sentence but parole eligibility after 20 years.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/01/19/prosecutor-stiffer-charges-mulled-in-kansas-childs-death/

Finally, a picture of the poor sweet kiddo. :(

[​IMG]
    Picture of AJ, from the nanny who used to care for him.

MULDER, Wow, spike and 2 others like this.
  20. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Minimum 50 years would be awesome!

Oh jeez, what a gorgeous little boy. So many people in the world would have just cherished him... :(

MULDER, Wow, spike and 2 others like this.