1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IN KARENA McCLERKIN: Missing from Kokomo, IN - 11 October 2016 - Age 18

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Kimster, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Karena McClerkin was reported missing on October 13, 2016 after last being seen on October 11. The 18-year-old was reportedly walking in the 1000 block of South Washington Street just south of Kokomo, Indiana’s downtown area. Little is known about the events leading to her disappearance. Karena’s grandmother told Dateline that somewhere along the line, Karena had gotten involved with a number of substance abuse issues, and had been hanging out with an older crowd. However, Karena had spoken about the possibility of going to a rehabilitation facility in Florida that a girl she knew had told her about. She had begun filling out the paperwork when she disappeared. Kokomo Police confirm this is still an active and open case. Anyone with information regarding Karena’s case is urged to contact the Kokomo Police Department at (765) 457-1105.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ne-s-missing-america-90-still-missing-n826516

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...mo-indiana-since-11-october-2016-age-18.7210/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Uno2Much and spike like this.
  2. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/father-pleads-for-help-finding-missing-daughter

Father pleads for help finding missing daughter

Many people are praying, sharing fliers with information or using the social media hashtag #BringKarenaHome, but 18-year-old Karena McClerkin is still missing.McClerkin went missing from the 1000 block of S. Washington Street in Kokomo. She was last seen Oct. 11.

Her father, James McClerkin, has been searching tirelessly since then.

"I just need answers," he said. "I just need people to talk. It's not snitching -- trying to help find a kid."

3. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

‘Never Forget’ ride brings awareness to unsolved cases

“There are so many people a week that come up missing within the United States. The numbers are crazy. It’s really bad, and I know we have several cases here in Kokomo just in the last 10 years of unsolved murders and missing people,” Pelfree said.

The most recent missing person was Karena McClerkin, 19, who went missing on Oct. 11, 2016, and has yet to be found. She was last seen in the 1000 block of South Washington Street.

To raise awareness to cases such as these, Pelfree and Douglas started a ride three years ago called the “Never Forget” ride. The ride also aims to remember these people in a positive light and keep them at the forefront of people’s minds. That way, he said, maybe someday someone will say something.

http://kokomoperspective.com/kp/lif...cle_b074e642-4d61-11e8-9676-536d31f62059.html

Uno2Much likes this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

$50,000 reward offered to help find missing Kokomo teen

The family of a Kokomo teen missing for nearly two years has offered a $50,000 reward to help find her.

"Not knowing now if she is alive and walking around or being used for other things is really hard," said James McClerkin, Karena's father.

In addition to the reward, the McClerkin family has enlisted the services of four licensed private investigators who are donating their time to help: Charlotte Kiline from Missouri, William Sowder from Michigan, John Underhill from Missouri and Scott Ianson from Kokomo.

Scott Ianson says an inmate claims to have information about the missing teen.

"This person is currently incarcerated in the Howard County Jail. That person believes they know what happened to Karena. That is the information they are submitting to us, yes," said Ianson.

Karena's father admits she had drug addiction issues, but he hopes the private investigators and the reward will lead to her whereabouts.

"It has to lead to a full closure on the case. It has to be people getting sentenced. Convictions have to happen. She has to be turned up. It can't go lingering where she has gone. It has to be a closed-out case 100 percent," said John McClerkin.

Kokomo police say they are still following leads.

"We have not given up, no, not a cold case. This is not a cold case. We are actively continuing this investigation, and we are working on this investigation every day," said Capt. Brian Seldon, Kokomo Police Department.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ward-offered-to-help-find-missing-kokomo-teen

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

STILL MISSING

Two years ago Karena McClerkin disappeared, and questions linger in the wake of the then-18-year-old’s vanishing.

Oct. 11 marks the two-year anniversary since McClerkin last was seen in Kokomo. That evening she was reported walking on the 1000 block of South Washington Street. At the time she wore a black half top and ripped denim jeans. Now, her family members don’t know where she is, what she’s wearing, or even if she’s alive. They also don’t want the community to forget about her.

“Businesses are taking her picture down,” said Marlana Smith, McClerkin’s mother. “It’s been two years. I run into people all the time in Kokomo that don’t even know she’s been missing two years. It’s weird to me. As small as Kokomo is, you don’t even know she’s missing? It’s heartbreaking.”

But just as the case frustrated local law enforcement, so too has it proven difficult for private investigators despite early optimism. Since three private investigators from outside the state began their work, offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of whomever may be responsible for McClerkin’s disappearance, no arrests have been made. Since then, the private investigators passed the case to a local private eye, Scott Ianson of 360 Investigations. He too, despite pursuing multiple leads, has been unable to unearth the truth of the disappearance.

“From what I’m finding, I’ve talked to dozens of people who claim to have information,” said Ianson. “Unfortunately, that information seemed to be circulating primarily through people that are deeply in the drug culture here. It’s just, basically, rumors circulating around and around and around.

“I’ve been to the jail and done interviews with a pretty good handful of people, a couple few of them on more than one occasion. The information that seems to be getting thrown around is primarily generated by a rumor mill that’s been coming from the jail and in and out of it. I have chased a bunch of it down, none the less, but it’s just not gaining traction.”

That led Ianson, a former law enforcement officer, to the current state of his investigation. At this point, he said he’s exhausted the list of those who have come forward claiming to have valuable information concerning McClerkin’s vanishing. Now, he’s left hoping for new leads.

“Instead of talking to the same people over and over again I’m trying to find new sources that might have more direct [knowledge],” said Ianson. “I don’t think I’ll get more firsthand information, but at least something more directed to it. That’s kind of where it’s at.”

As KPD and private investigators hope for new leads, Smith echoed the frustration exuded by Ianson.

McClerkin’s mother is confident someone, somewhere knows what happened to her daughter. She hopes they’ll share the truth.

“Somebody can be here, and in the blink of an eye they’re gone,” said Smith. “Even in small towns like Kokomo … for somebody to know nothing, with nobody coming forward, it’s just weird. Somebody knows something, and we just pray that eventually somebody comes forward.”

http://kokomoperspective.com/kp/news/still-missing/article_6d0c2fe8-cbbd-11e8-b4c1-337c17377e9f.html

kdg411 likes this.
  7. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.