1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA KARLIE GUSE: Missing from Bishop, CA area - 13 October 2018 - Age 16

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Kimster, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

44213858_10216906099141548_7114518922442833920_n.jpg

The whereabouts of a 16-year-old girl who disappeared from Chalfant in Mono County over the weekend are still unknown Monday morning.

[​IMG]
    Karlie Lain Guse is seen in an image provided by the Mono County Sheriff’s Office.

Karlie Lain Guse was last seen during the early morning hours on Saturday in the area of White Mountain Estates Road and Ponderosa Street, the Mono County Sheriff’s Office posted on its Facebook page.

Guse was walking toward Highway 6 at the time.

The teen does not have a cellphone or any other belongings with her and may be disoriented, the Sheriff’s Office stated.

Scent dogs, helicopters and ground resources were utilized in the search for Guse, but she still had not been located as of Sunday evening.

“Despite a thorough search around her home and many inquiries with friends in Bishop, we are no closer to finding her,” the Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook post stated.

Guse was described as a white female standing 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 110 pounds. She has dark blond hair and blue eyes.

Investigators did not have a description of her clothing.

Anyone with information about her location were asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 760-932-7549, option 7.

https://ktla.com/2018/10/15/girl-16...eekend-teen-may-be-disoriented-officials-say/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...nt-valley-have-you-seen-her-oct-13-2018.4279/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    noZme and Paradise like this.
  2. Kimster

This is in the area of where I grew up. Chalfant Valley is north of Bishop, in a remote area off of Highway 6. My aunt and uncle built a house out there many years ago. maxresdefault.jpg

KareBear, noZme, momr6 and 2 others like this.
  3. Kimster

KareBear and noZme like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like definitely not your typical "missing teen" case. Active SAR within hours.

Disoriented from dehydration and hunger? Why? Mental illness? Teenage defiance? Injury/illness?

KareBear and noZme like this.
  5. Kimster

Maybe it was just because it was the weekend and she's a teenager? I had strange sleeping and eating habits at her age.

In all my years growing up in that area, never did anyone go missing unless they'd been hiking. And that's way up in the mountains. Down on the valley floor where she went missing, you can't get lost. You can see the mountains around you and are able to tell exactly where you are.

It's a very surreal to think someone went missing in this area. No kidding.

KareBear, noZme, momr6 and 1 other person like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Maybe... I know teenagers don't always eat, drink, and sleep like they should. But to be so hungry and thirsty that you're disoriented though? Perhaps she's diabetic? But I feel like that would have been announced. Maybe she had been sick or had the flu?

I hope they checked her phone. She left walking toward a highway. Maybe she had asked someone to pick her up there. Could explain why searchers have found no sign of her even after mobilizing extremely quickly. According to her mom's video, she would never leave and not say anything. But most parents think that.

Just curious why they had searchers out so quickly. NOT that I'm complaining. But 99 times out of 100, for a missing teen, they're not going to have helicopters and sheriff's offices and forest service searches out within a few hours. They're going to say, "She's a teen. She'll be back." Unfortunately. It's great that they didn't do that in this case! Just curious why.

Beautiful area, btw.

noZme and Kimster like this.
  7. Kimster

I think someone picking her up is a really good assumption.

I'm not surprised they went searching for her immediately. This is very unusual for that area and I'm sure that everybody wanted to get on it immediately. It's a very close-knit community, since it is its own place in the world. The nearest city is a four hour drive.

8. Kimster

I keep seeing Karlie on my newsfeed on Facebook. You can't be from that area and not know that she is missing. I really hope they find her today.

9. Kimster

FB_IMG_1539737590856.jpg Here's some SAR pictures from the Inyo County Facebook. Whike Mono County is heading this missing persons case, Mono County and Inyo County are right there on the border of each other. Bishop is in Inyo County, and although Chalfant Valley is very close to Bishop, it is in Mono County.

FB_IMG_1539737574063.jpg FB_IMG_1539737582210.jpg

noZme and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  10. Kimster

I still can't believe this is happening in my hometown. I can smell the air looking at those pictures. Where are you, Karlie?

11. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Being a teen on Friday night/ Saturday morning and disoriented could also mean under the influence.

12. Kimster

Another picture. FB_IMG_1539747200356.jpg

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

An official Facebook page for Karlie has been set up - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BringKarliehome/

They ask you to answer 3 easy questions prior to joining and ask that you don't copy/paste or screenshot stuff. (Good luck...hard to enforce on a public Facebook page.)

Kimster likes this.
  14. Kimster

I'm a member there. I'll take this opportunity to let you guys know that the pictures that I've shared here were on other people's Facebooks, and not the private group.

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Just shared Karlie's info on our CW Facebook page as well.

noZme and Kimster like this.
  17. Kimster

I wonder how long ago she moved from Yerington? Maybe she missed her friends there and one of them picked her up?

18. Kimster

:thankyou:

noZme likes this.
  19. Kimster

20. Kimster

I can't go into details because of my promises of security on the Find Karlie Facebook page, but I do want to share that I am just overwhelmed with all the people who are spreading the word about Karlie. They are on the same league as the volunteers that were searching for Christina Morris. Amazing. I'm so proud of my hometown and its people.

The bad part? Still no word on what happened to Karlie.