1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA KARLIE GUSE: Missing from Bishop, CA area - 13 October 2018 - Age 16

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Kimster, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The PI says Mono County thinks Karlie is a runaway.

Dobrev and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. Kimster

Oh! Just before break, Dr Phil said that the stepmom has agreed to let us listen to the audio. This ought to be interesting.

In case you guys haven't noticed, I am typing this as the show is airing.

3. Kimster

Dr Phil listened to the tape and said he felt the stepmom was trying to calm her down. He said Karlie was not asking the stepmom to call 911, she just wanted to know that the stepmom would call 911 if something was happening to her. Dr Phil feels that Karlie was being delusional and it wasn't marijuana. Maybe LSD?

Now I wonder if she didn't walk all the way into the White Mountains? And got lost up there?

4. Kimster

Dr Phil said that due to her level of paranoia that he heard on the tape, it makes perfect sense to him that she would flee.

5. Kimster

Dr Phil said that maybe she got picked up by a bad guy on highway 6 and maybe in the sex slave trade and the dad is visibly upset. I believe he is being totally genuine.

:tears:

Dr Phil is trying to get this family to work together.

Everyone that loves this girl needs to come together and start exchanging information. -Dr Phil

6. Kimster

I'm really glad I watched that episode and I'm really glad that Dr Phil got to hear that tape. Now that it's going to be warming up, there will be people doing more hiking, arrowhead hunting, riding horses, going out and shooting in the desert, and things of that nature. If she did get out there and has passed, they should be able to find her. At least I hope so! Does anyone think she could be with friends - maybe the ones who gave her the hallucinogenics? I hope she didn't go into the sex trade. That sounds so horrible. However, at least she would be alive.

7. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I learned of Karlie's disappearance from watching her showcased on Dr. Phil today (and yesterday). Her mother, father, and step mother are interviewed.
    https://www.drphil.com/shows/disappeared-into-thin-air-what-really-happened-to-karlie-guse/
    Karlie, where are you!??
    Prayers that Karlie is found SAFE soon!! :care::vigil:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Dobrev and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

KareBear and Dobrev like this.
  9. KareBear

Simply speculating... I think she took a drug that caused her extreme paranoia and in that state-of-mind she fled to escape her, drug induced, percieved threat. Then, I think, somewhere along the road she was picked up by someone with ill intentions ( i.e. kidnapping, rape, or even worse, sex trafficking). I have a feeling, or optimistic hope, that she is still alive.

Kimster likes this.
  10. KareBear

Life lessons guys & gals... DVR (record) EVERY DR. PHIL! :wag::moonwalk:
    ;)

11. Kimster

Because the stepmom was acting so squirrely, I was really afraid that something happened between Karlie and her stepmom. But after watching the Dr Phil show, I just think that this stepmom is different.

KareBear likes this.
  12. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

i happen to not trust the stepmom.
    i don't think her actions have been genuine.

but i'd rather be wrong.
    she might be alive that way.

Kimster and KareBear like this.
  13. KareBear

I felt that the Step mom did honestly care about Karlie.. I was taken aback when I heard her being deceptive during the Dateline interview.. Why did she feel the need to lie? She says she didnt know what to say and that she shouldn't have even done the interview.. she is right, she shouldn't have done the interview.. I think she shed more genuine tears than the mother on the show (IMO). But everyone handles stressful situations differently, so I try not to judge based on my expectations of how one should react in such situations.. I haven't been there so it's unfair to criticize it.

Kimster and Dobrev like this.
  14. Paisleigh

Paisleigh New Member

I was in a YouTube forum with Lindsay Fairley on March 27th. She had a lot to say about the Dr.Phil Show. She was angry that Melissa and Zac's spin doctors (lawyers) were able to control the show's content. Lindsay said that Dr. Phil was ready to shut the whole taping down if Melissa and Zac didn't allow him to listen to the tape. After Melissa and Zac consulted with their attorneys, they allowed Dr. Phil to listen to an edited 2-minute version of the recording. Keep in mind, per Lindsay, there are actually 2 separate recordings. The first recording is 8 minutes. The second recording is roughly 20 minutes. Dr. Phil made a comment after listening to the 2-minute version that it sounded like the audio was starting and stopping. That was due to heavy editing. Why didn't they allow Dr. Phil to listen to all 28 minutes of audio? Parents of missing children do not act like this. They want to bring everything to the table if that helps them find their child. It's apparent that they are trying to thwart and manipulate the truth. This is how guilty people act. They are not trying to protect Karlie, they are in full coverup mode. Melissa and Zac have said some ominous things to Lindsay, especially in the time period immediately following Karlie's disappearance. According to Lindsay, Zac and Melissa had a large map on their wall to document search areas. Lindsay was looking at the map noting where the search was being conducted on that particular day. Melissa told Lindsay that they were "searching in the wrong place." Also, when Zac first notified Lindsay of Karlie's disappearance, he told her Karlie is "gone". Gone implies permanence. Lindsay also said that Zac and Melissa offered her Karlie's car to drive while she was there. Lindsay didn't want to drive Karlie's vehicle in case there was evidence collection that needed to be done. Melissa told Lindsay that Karlie was running down the street when she went to pick her up from the party and that when Karlie got in the car, she grabbed the steering wheel. Melissa has repeatedly told the press that Karlie jumped in the backseat when she picked her up.
    When someone tells the truth, it's very easy to recall details accurately. Melissa has not been forthcoming with the actual events of that night-she can't keep track of her own lies.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  15. Kimster

Yes, the stepmom's lies are VERY concerning. And one Dr. Phil episode didn't answer all the questions that have formed over the past months. I was concerned when Lindsay dismissed the sitings of Karlie that morning. The fact she didn't feel they were credible didn't sound good.

But watching the show, the dad really did seem upset to me, while the stepmom seemed stoic. After seeing some of her videos online, I was surprised at her demeanor on the show. I expected her to appear more emotional.

Something was wrong with Karlie. But what? And how drunk was the dad? Drunk enough that someone in the house could have harmed his daughter without him knowing it?

Every post brings up more questions in my mind, and no answers. Honestly, I almost wonder if the truth is something we haven't even come up with yet.

16. KareBear

:flirt:

17. Paisleigh

Paisleigh New Member

So many questions-very true! I believe something accidental happened either before Karlie and SM got home, or shortly after. I don't think Karlie left the house that morning of her own volition. I have taken a couple of statement analysis courses (in no way am I an expert) so I transcribed her first FB post and one of the last FB posts-the one where she explains what happened that night in detail. There is something very sensitive for the stepmom about her car. In one of her publicized statements, she said Karlie was running down the street that she could tell by the light of her cellphone. She also said that "Karlie was as white as a ghost" and that she just got into "her backseat." According to Lindsay, SM car had front end damage that required repair shortly after Karlie went missing. Most of us would probably agree that fixing minor front end damage on a car wouldn't be a priority if our child had just gone missing. In the SM's narrative, she floats the idea that Karlie "could've hit her head on a rock/boulder". She's also stated that she "ran over boulders" looking for Karlie. Why would someone try to cover up the death of another if it was caused by an accident? If Karlie had OD'd, that would be accidental. Or, at least not blamed on the SM and dad. They might have been chastised for not seeking emergency help, but wouldn't face charges. So, that leaves a scenario where the cause of death could be blamed on one or more of them. I return to the car. The front end damage caused by running over "boulders". It's been in the press that Zac was intoxicated that Friday night. I don't know if you've listened to their Nancy Grace interview, but in my opinion, Melissa and Zac were both intoxicated while on the air. That episode was released on Oct 26, 2018. Which brings me to my theory-when Melissa went to pick up Karlie, she was intoxicated and accidentally hit Karlie causing a head injury. This would cause someone to be pale or "as white as a ghost." This would cause someone to be placed in the backseat. This would cause someone to want to hide a death. This would cause extreme confusion. As proof that Karlie was problematic and paranoid, she was recorded for the first time even though, according to Melissa, she had smoked pot just a month before. Why just audio? Why not video? Why that night? Was there something that Melissa didn't want anyone to see? Was there a reason Melissa wanted "proof" just in case something happened? Why scurry the younger brothers away on a Saturday morning at an ungodly hour? Why do the "eyewitnesses" report the girl they saw as wearing a similar outfit to Melissa's? How could an eyewitness in a jacuzzi room see a person that well at 0630 when the sun didn't rise until 0657?
    There is a point in Melissa's narrative of events on FB where her language changed. She went from saying "we" to saying "I" and "she/her" when referencing her and Karlie.
    That's when something bad happened. "I'd fell back asleep and then that's when I woke up and she was gone". That's directly from her statement and I believe her. Karlie was gone in the most permanent sense. That's when she took the boys to a relatives house. That was when she stopped texting. She didn't fall asleep at that time. They were in panic mode.
    Consider this as well. We do not expect a parent of a missing child to use the word "dead" or "die" in any statement surrounding the missing child.
    "I just spoke to the sergeant and they are at a dead end..." (Melissa Guse FB 10-22-18)
    "I don't want her story to die..." (Melissa Guse FB 10-22-18)
    There are deception indicators throughout her statements and I haven't even begun to scrape the surface.

18. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

i started being super skeptical when they supposedly found her footprint on a mountain. Just how do they know that was her footprint? only one? etc.

19. Kimster

@Paisleigh forgive me for not welcoming you to the group earlier! We're really happy to have you! :welcome:

20. Paisleigh

Paisleigh New Member

Aww, thanks!:)

KareBear, Kimster and kdg411 like this.