1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WI KAYLA BERG: Missing from Antigo, WI - 11 Aug 2009 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I wondered if the phone isn't used for making transactions to purchase marijuana or other drugs. That might be why Miguel is reluctant to talk about it.

As for Kayla being gone for long periods of time, I think that's where the disconnect was happening with the family because of other tragedies going on. Her mom didn't even have her own place to live, was probably stressed about finances, and the dad was just trying to live. That's why I mentioned what I said above, that it was a rough period of time for me as well. I can see myself being so distracted by other things, perhaps I would have let things slide that I normally wouldn't have. I live in a small town, too, and sometimes it gives you a sense of security you don't have in a big city. But we have to remember, evil people live everywhere!

spike, Akoya and TripleA like this.
  2. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I can understand what you ate saying about the distractions. :( I can see that Kayla' s mom is heartbroken.

About the phone... I still don't understand who they think had the phone and who received those two calls. Do you?

spike, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

No. That part left a big question mark in my head too. All I could think was that it might be used to buy and sell drugs for the parties or something. It's pretty common for them to be used for illegal purposes is why I thought that.

spike, Akoya and TripleA like this.
  4. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

That sounds plausible.

spike, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Balloon release in remembrance of Kayla Berg

Antigo community members came together to once again recognize the disappearance of Kayla Berg.

"It means the world to us," said Hope Sprenger, Kayla Berg's mother. "And I just wanted to say thank you to all."

800 red balloons were released Friday evening at Hudson Street Park in Antigo.

It's to mark the 8th anniversary of Kayla Berg going missing.

With the recent Investigation Discovery channel coverage on her story, Berg's family is holding out hope that she'll be found.

"It's been hard," said Sprenger. "It's been very difficult and I've always wanted her national. You know, I've been trying for eight years and it finally happened. And it was a blessing."

Each balloon contains information on Kayla Berg's story.

Her family says balloons have reached numerous other states in the past.

http://www.waow.com/story/36120416/2017/08/Friday/balloon-release-in-remembrance-of-kayla-berg

spike, Akoya, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

I love how they have her story in each and every balloon. Great idea!

KareBear, spike, fran and 3 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Nine years later, Kayla Berg still missing

Balloons were released on Saturday to mark the ninth year since Kayla Bergs disappearance. Friends and family gathered in Hudson Park in Antigo to release hundred of balloons as a special tribute for Kayla.

"We miss you. We love you. Please come home".

"It's kind of like not being able to wake up from a nightmare really. I mean, you have your best friend one day, and the next she's just gone without a trace" said Kayla's friend Natosha Zoern.

This is the eighth year in a row that balloons were released on August 11th.

"The balloons have her name on them. There's also inserts on the inside of them. So, they have all of her information on it. Places to call with tips... Any information you would need if you think you may have heard or saw something" said Kayla's mother, Hope Berg.

The years have brought numerous tips regarding Kayla's sudden disappearance in 2009. After all these years, the message from her friends and family remains the same.

"To anyone who has any inclination as to where she is, please come forward. It doesn't matter who you are, you can be anonymous. You can do whatever... And if Kayla were to ever see this, I would just say to come home" said family friend Janel Zoern.

"If she were to ever see this, I would just want her to know that I, no matter what, will always love her and hope that she comes home" said Natosha.

While the Antigo police department has received tips and leads throughout the years, Kayla's case is still unsolved. For anyone who may know of Kayla's whereabouts, please contact the Antigo Police Department.

http://www.wsaw.com/content/news/Kayla-Berg-missing-for-nine-years-490656731.html

Whatsnext, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  8. Paaskeharen

Paaskeharen The Danish Thinker

9. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

My heart breaks for Kayla’s mother.

Paaskeharen likes this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Recent discovery of Jayme Closs is reigniting hope for an Antigo mother

An Antigo mother is gaining new hope that her daughter will be found after the recent discovery of Jayme Closs.

Kayla Berg went missing nearly 10 years ago in Antigo. Her mother Hope Berg spoke out to News 9 on Saturday. She’s hoping to gain closure and see her daughter again soon.

“It was heartbreaking,” said Hope Berg. “I felt like I had lost apart of my soul. Lots of tears and it really never goes away. I still have heart ache everyday.”

The mother stated that running away was uncharacteristic of her daughter. She believes that she was taken against her will, but thinks that Kayla is still out there somewhere.

“Hearing about Jayme Closs, the Ohio ladies, and even Jaycee Dugard; the possibility that this could happen to another family of a missing person just gives us renewed faith and hope,” stated Hope.

The mother said she will continue the search for her daughter until she is found. A $20,000 reward is being offered for any tips leading to the discovery of Kayla Berg. If you have any information you’re asked to call the Antigo Police Department.

https://waow.com/news/2019/01/12/re...loss-is-reigniting-hope-for-an-antigo-mother/

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wisconsin mother still searching on 10th anniversary of daughter Kayla Berg's disappearance

It has been 10 years to the day since Kayla Berg was last seen, but her case has not been forgotten by her family, the town or the authorities.

“I’ve never considered Kayla’s case a cold case. It’s an active, ongoing investigation. And we actively work on any tips that we get,” Capt. Duley said. “There are people out there that we think have information and we’d like them to come forward and talk to us about anything they know about the case.”

Ten years is a long time to wait, hoping for answers. “We want this resolved for the family and, really, the entire community,” Capt. Duley told Dateline. “They’ve all been affected by this for the past 10 years.”

“Somebody doesn’t just vanish off the face of the earth. I think something bad happened, but I don’t know for sure,” Kayla’s mother Hope Berg said. “Then there’s that hope and faith that she is out there somewhere safe and we can bring her home. There’s a lot of things that run through your mind when something like this happens.”

Hope Berg told Dateline that, “I always try to keep that hope and faith alive. The Ohio women were found. Jayme Closs was located. That always gives someone renewed hope and faith, like, ‘Maybe that could happen to me.’”

Kayla Berg would be 25 years old today. If you have any information on her disappearance, please contact the Antigo Police Department at (715) 627-6411.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/wi...th-anniversary-daughter-kayla-berg-s-n1041041

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Weekend search in Langlade County connected to Kayla Berg disappearance

The Antigo Police Department says a search was done over the weekend in the Nicolet National Forest in eastern Langlade County related to the search for Kayla Berg.

Antigo Police say the search area was chosen based on information that was gathered throughout the investigation. Police say nothing was found, but more work will be done.

"I don't know absolutely exactly why they went through that area," Berg said over the phone. "I always hope something new is coming up. But it's a way to rule out an area, that way we know that area's been cleared."

Seven K9 teams and members of area law enforcement searched 11-square miles of the forest.

https://www.wsaw.com/fox/content/ne...ed-to-Kayla-Berg-disappearance-563648591.html

Paaskeharen, Paradise and fran like this.
  13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Police: Search of Langlade County forest turns up no new leads in Kayla Berg disappearance

Police searched an 11-square-mile area of the Nicolet National Forest in Langlade County on Saturday and Sunday "based on new information that has been gathered throughout the investigation of Kayla's disappearance," Antigo Police Cpt. Daniel Duley said in a news release. Police did not reveal with that information was.

[...]

"We still don’t know what happened to her, but somebody knows something and I just wish that person would come forward," Sprenger said. "I'll never give up. I'll always keep searching."