1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KAYLA GOMEZ: Texas vs Gustavo Zavala-Garcia for murder of 10yo niece taken from church *GUILTY PLEA*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Nov 2, 2016.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

No. No. No. No.

2. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I am praying that this is not Kayla :praying:

3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Dear God it is obviously the body of a child. I am so torn apart, no matter who it turns out to be. :praying::bawling:

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

:therethere: This is horrible.
    Justice for these parents.
    :mad:

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police find the body of missing 10-year-old girl: Uncle is 'questioned' as cops find her remains in a well four days after she vanished from a Texas church

Police in Texas believe they have found the body of 10-year-old girl, four days after she vanished from a church and sparked a nationwide Amber Alert.

But on Saturday night, KHOU reported that her uncle was being questioned.

The sheriff's department also got a tip at about 6pm Saturday which led them to the find, Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell told the TV station.

Evidence has also been found at an Old Jackson Highway property and police are seeking a search warrant, according to KSLA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-four-days-mysteriously-vanished-church.html

7. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I just heard... This is awful and so senseless.

8. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

My heart is broken again as I read the news this morning that this precious angel was likely murdered by her own uncle. She probably went willingly with him, trusting him. I am sick to my stomach just thinking about how often these things happen to sweet babies. Dear God, please wrap your arms around Kayla and her parents.

9. Takeitfromme

She probably did go willingly. Trusting him. So sick I hope answers and an arrest come soon.

10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

No wonder no one heard anything in the parking lot. She went in his vehicle without concern. :tears:

Do we know if the uncle is a RSO?

11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I saw this on a posting. Haven't been able to verify it which is why I am not posting his name or picture.
    Family have stated it was not a uncle, it was a cousin, who was married to Kayla's cousin. A registered sex offender.

12. Kimster

While this isn't confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised it's a RSO. :mad:

13. Takeitfromme

In general RSO's tend to reoffend which is why they register them in the first place. But all of us here know that already.

14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Family member detained in case of Kayla Gomez-Orozco

Press conference at link below.

http://www.ksla.com/story/33641519/family-member-detained-in-case-of-kayla-gomez-orozco

According to Sheriff Larry Smith, investigators developed a lead and searched a home on FM 2493, where the body of Kayla Gomez-Orozco was later found in a well. The body was recovered by Tyler fire department and was taken to Dallas for an autopsy.

It was later discovered that a family member lives at the residence where Kayla’s body was found. They have a person in custody suspected be a family member, described as a Hispanic male born in 1992.

According to authorities, there will be a press conference at 1:30 p.m. at the Bullard First Baptist Church, located south of Bullard on FM 2493. There will be a statement and questions will be answered.

For mobile users: Authorities to hold press conference in case of Kayla Gomez-Orozco

This press conference comes after authorities obtained a search warrant to further investigate the property where the believed body of 10 year old Kayla Gomez-Orozco’s was found.

At this time, there is still no confirmation of any arrests made connected to the discovery of the body.

The body was discovered after law enforcements received a tip mid-afternoon on Saturday following the search for Kayla near the Bullard First Assembly Church on Hwy 69 where she was last seen. Upon the tip, investigators later recovered evidence on a property on the 22000 block of Jacksonville Highway in Bullard, just a few miles from where Kayla was last seen.

15. Takeitfromme

I'm glad they think they have the right guy. I'm saddened for the family tho. Such a horrific loss and I know that loss all too well.

16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

REPORT: East Texas Child Murdered by Previously Deported Illegal Alien
    [​IMG]
    Facebook
    by BOB PRICE6 Nov 20161,705

Law enforcement officials in East Texas are reporting the alleged murderer of 10-year-old Kayla Gomez-Orozco is a previously deported illegal alien from Mexico.
    Officials with the Smith County jail confirmed to Breitbart Texas that Gustavo Gonzalez, 24, is currently being held in the jail on an immigration detainer from Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers. Gonzalez was also confirmed to be a Mexican national by the jail official.

reported an unnamed law enforcement official claimed that Gonzalez was previously deported in 2014 for a “violent crime.” Court records show that Gonzalez was arrested twice in 2014 on charges for assault causing bodily injury.

The previously deported criminal alien is also reported to be a family member of Kayla Gomez-Orozco, the young girl whose body was found on Saturday. The body of the young girl was found in a well at a home in Smith County Texas, according to Sheriff Larry Smith. Gonzalez was initially reported to be Kayla’s uncle, but family members later clarified that he is a “cousin who acted like an uncle to Kayla.”

Kayla disappeared on Tuesday following a church service at the Bullard First Assembly Church. Her body was found wearing the same clothes on Saturday night in a well near a family member’s house.

[​IMG]

The church were Kayla disappeared is located in Cherokee County. Officials with the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office referred questions from Breitbart Texas to the FBI in Dallas. A spokesperson for the FBI was not immediately available Sunday afternoon to respond.

No motive for the homicide has been released by law enforcement officials.

Smith County jail records show that the arrest of Gonzalez was made by Texas Rangers assigned to assist Cherokee County in the investigation. Breitbart Texas reached out to the Texas Department of Public Safety for additional information. No spokesperson was immediately available for comment.

A vigil for the young East Texas girl is scheduled for Sunday evening at Jack Elementary School.

Gonzalez has been living in Bullard, Texas. He is currently being held on the immigration detainer as the Cherokee County and Smith County District Attorneys determine what additional charges will be filed.

Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas. He is a founding member of the Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX.

17. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

18. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Every time I look at Kayla's sweet face my heart aches.

19. Kimster

Agreed. She looks so excited to start 4th grade. :tears:

walkie-talkie, spike and Paradise like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family member charged in death of 10-year-old girl

Authorities in Tyler charged a 24-year old man with capital murder in the death of a 10-year old girl that prompted an Amber Alert last week.

Gustavo Zavala-Garcia received a $10 million bond on Monday after detectives say he was responsible for the death of Kayla Gomez-Orozco.

The 4th grader was found in a well behind a home Saturday night in Bullard that Zavala-Garcia lived at, ending an exhaustive search that gripped much of East Texas for days.

Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith confirmed to WFAA on Monday that Zavala-Garcia was at the church where Kayla disappeared from on November 1.

"I've seen a lot of bad stuff but this is one of the worst," Smith said.

Smith says detectives continued to work the crime scene on Monday off FM2493, approximately 15 miles south of Tyler and were able to gather additional evidence from the well that led to the capital murder charge.

He says detectives do have a narrative of a possible motive they are working from, but will not release that to the public.

"We want a jury to hear that, and we don't want a change of venue," Smith said. "Smith County is not somewhere I would want to go in East Texas to commit a crime like this."

MORE: http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...h-of-10-year-old-kayla-gomez-orozco/349277179