1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KEDDIE MURDERS: Quadruple murder in California - April 1981

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by dmac, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

@dmac is on the show! :highfive:

2. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

3. Kimster

Thank you! I missed the beginning. You made it easy to catch up!

MULDER and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Keddie murders revisited

New evidence has surfaced in the infamous 37-year-old Keddie murders case. And more developments are anticipated.

DNA taken from a strip of white medical tape consistent with that used to bind the victims’ hands and ankles, and to cover the mouth of one victim, has revealed much as the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office moves forward in its efforts to solve the quadruple murder case.

A segment of tape containing identifiable DNA was found on the floor near the body of Glenna “Sue” Sharp, 36, in 1981, Plumas County Sheriff’s special investigator Mike Gamberg said recently.

The DNA matches that of a known living suspect, according to Gamberg. He’s had the DNA for several years, but it wasn’t until recently that he obtained needed samples and found the match.

http://www.plumasnews.com/keddie-murders-revisited/

Lily, Kimster, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  5. dmac

dmac Member

Several months ago, I released the info on the DNA on the Keddie28.com forum. It's a hit for Justin, which proves, as I deduced about six years ago, the surviving boys were forced to participate. They were made to 'get dirty' as part of the killers' intimidation to force their silence.

I've read the first draft of the second part of the article (there will be three in total), and it's already devastating. I also just made a discovery that, in my opinion, is one of the most critical finds in the case. It reaffirms that many of the alibis are false, that the Loonibi is real and the participants in the joint alibi (Marty, Bo, Marilyn, Dee) are all participants in this mass murder. I've only given this new info to the sheriff and Det. Gamberg, as it may be something considered a 'hold'.

Part 2 will be online next Thursday, and Pt 3 the following Thursday.

Lily, Kimster, Uno2Much and 1 other person like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Keddie murders revisited part 2: Following the clues

Was the 36-year-old mother of five the targeted victim in a plan that ended with the deaths of four people in 1981?

At least two investigators into the 37-year-old case believe the evidence tells them that Martin “Marty” Smartt and Severin John “Bo” Boubede and accomplices allegedly intended to do great bodily harm to Glenna “Sue” Sharp.

Dmac believes the crimes were premeditated based on how the chief suspects behaved that night, and what they allegedly took to cabin 28 — medical tape, knives, a hammer and probably a Daisy 880 pellet gun. Dmac draws his proof in that he learned that a pellet probably from that weapon was found on the floor between the two boys’ bodies. Part of its sights were broken off and found in the living room.It appears to have been used to batter one of the boys, and Sue’s face, he said.

MORE: http://www.plumasnews.com/keddie-murders-revisited-following-the-clues/

Lily, Kimster and Uno2Much like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Keddie murders revisited part 3: Hypnosis, counselor’s revelations, mob connections

Why would two men wearing three-piece suits and sunglasses appear in Keddie’s Back Door bar about 10 p.m. the night of April 11, 1981 unless it was to draw attention to themselves — to help establish an alibi?

Most agree, this wasn’t the kind of bar where men went wearing suits — not when that was their destination; not when they were Keddie residents and jobless.

No one seems to mention what Marilynn Smartt wore that night when she accompanied her husband Martin “Marty” Smartt and his pal Severin John “Bo” Boubede to the local bar that night.

They left after a few hours when Jan Albin, a co-owner, supposedly changed the music from country to rock. They didn’t like it. They were angry.

In what could be considered another move to draw attention to themselves, Smartt said he called the bartender to complain. He used the telephone in his cabin and then to put a good face on things, they returned to the bar for a last drink, he told two special agents from the California Department of Justice.

Marilyn went to bed when they arrived home the first time, Smartt told CA-DOJ organized crime special agents Harry Bradley and P.A. “Mike” Crim in an interview following the murders.

He said they left the bar just before closing time, a little before 2 a.m.

But special investigator Mike Gamberg and website administrator for Keddie28.com, dmac, believe more happened that night, especially in cabin 28.

MORE: http://www.plumasnews.com/keddie-mu...nosis-counselors-revelations-mob-connections/

Lily, Kimster and Uno2Much like this.
  8. Kimster

Thank you for your dedication to this case! It's people like you that keep killers up at night.

9. Kimster

Was thinking about this case tonight and was wondering if any news had broke since Justin's DNA was announced.

Lily and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  10. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Hey, where'd the keddie28 forum go? I was hoping to check in and it seems to have been down for a while now.

Some of these new details both answer a lot of questions for me - and raise a couple new ones.

For example....

Hash -- being reportedly made and sold by lead suspect Martin Smartt, is a by-product of the pot industry, and is the sticky resin/oil extracted from the leftover parts of the plant -- or even just collected on the hands of the people handling the plants for any length of time. If Smartt was indeed "making hash" in sufficient amounts to have been also selling it, then he had access to a marijuana crop. Big business, back then. Was Camp 18 close to a forest pot farm? Or an agreed on point of sale? Who else was involved in this pot industry? Might make sense of a few things. Organised crime agents and DoJ helicopters turning up pronto to a small town murder, and the presence of organised crime members... sure. But a few other things, too.

Like why someone would phone in the location of Tina's body ---- to stop cops beating too many bushes in the area? And why Johnny Sharp had a DoJ phone number. And what all these 'trips to Reno' Dee Lake and co. made were really about. And maybe even what drew Bo to the area in the first place, and how he got away with his outrageous behaviour in the DoJ interviews - was he an informant, planted in Reno? I've always assumed the whole 'con-man' angle was what drew Bo and Marty together, but maybe there was a bigger picture behind it all, and Bo's carny/con background made him a great candidate for getting 'in' with Marty and pals.

DNA - well, these new finds are interesting. Did Justin touch the tape before or after Sue was dead? He admitted to covering her, but did he also remove some of the tape covering her gag? Or was there some stuck to him in the process of covering Sue? Or did he help put the tape on, in the first place? At the very least, that DNA proves he's been keeping details from the police all these years. I would really like to know what he says to the cops about that.

11. Kimster

You always bring up such interesting things to think about.

I don't know for sure at all, but just knowing that area and knowing how well marijuana grows in California, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there weren't crops out there.

I keep wondering if Justin was forced to participate in securing the victims. I thought that from the moment I first heard that he was saying it was a dream in the beginning, not because of the DNA found on the duct tape.

spike likes this.