1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MI KEVIN GRAVES: Missing from music festival in Rothbury, MI - 1 July 2018 - Age 28

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 9, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Local Man Reported Missing From Electric Forest Music Festival

[​IMG]

A search is underway for a Highland Township man who went missing from the Electric Forest music festival.

28-year-old Kevin Graves was last seen Sunday evening. The Oakland County Sheriff's Office is investigating, along with the Michigan State Police Hart Post. Family members have been canvassing the Rothbury and Muskegon Heights areas and putting up missing person posters, in addition to sharing information on social media. Authorities say Graves was at the festival with his girlfriend but they got into an argument and he indicated he was going back to the tent to rest but was not there later.

https://whmi.com/news/article/kevin-graves-missing-electric-forest

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ic-forest-music-festival-in-rothbury-ny.3823/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Uno2Much, Akoya, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

$10,000 reward offered for info on missing Oakland County man

The family of a 28-year-old missing man has offered a $10,000 reward for anyone with information that can locate him.

WOODTV reports Graves was last seen with his girlfriend July 1 at the Electric Forest Festival in Rothbury. His family said the two got into an argument and Graves left the concert to return to his tent. When Graves' girlfriend went back to look for him, he was not there.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/miss...ffered-for-info-on-missing-oakland-county-man

$10K reward offered for information on man missing from Electric Forest

The family of a man who went missing from Electric Forest on Sunday, July 1, is offering a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

Police and family members are searching for Kevin Graves, 28, of Highland Township in Oakland County. Graves was last seen the evening of July 1, at Electric Forest music festival in Rothbury.

After the reward was posted, the Graves family received two tips - one on Sunday, July 8, and another on Monday, July 9, said father Gary Graves.

A woman said she was sure she'd seen him near the Walmart and Sam's Club on Sherman Boulevard in Fruitport Township holding a sign that said he was stranded, Gary Graves said. However, without a photo, it difficult to say whether it was really him.

"If people would just take a picture when they see him, that'd be great," Gary Graves said. "That's what we'd really like to see. Then you've got proof."

Gary Graves was in the Muskegon area for a week searching for his son before he went home on Sunday, July 8.

"We were following up on every tip we got," he said. "All of a sudden the tips started petering out."

The Graves family has received help from Muskegon-area locals in the search.

"They still are," Gary Graves said. "They told us they aren't going to give up looking."

https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/07/10k_reward_offered_for_informa.html

upload_2018-7-9_12-52-49.jpeg [​IMG]

3. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I used to go to music festivals all the time and though I regret nothing of my past because I've always learned from it I can tell anyone who doesn't know that lots of drugs can be found at festivals. I hope he wasn't under the influence and wandered away. Anything is possible. I'd like to think he would have been found by now if that is what had happened

4. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Graves walked away Sunday from his campsite following a fight with his girlfriend.

Soon after, he went to an ATM to withdraw $200 from an account he shares with his girlfriend. Since then, he has not checked his social media accounts, made any other bank transactions or contacted anyone he knows. Calls and text messages to his cell phone are not going through, said his girlfriend, Kaela Covington.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ric-forest-music-festival-michigan/761673002/

(BBM)

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  5. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

KayCov88 2d

I am his ex girlfriend my name is KAELA COVINGTON and he has NOT been found. I have been in direct contact with ALL of his family. He's a grown man with mental illness that has threaten suicide before when we almost broke up 7 months ago. We are all worried. If ANYONE has info we urge you to contact the police or his father. Kevin is beyond loved and a huge member of society. This is not characteristics. Its ok if he wants to be gone he just needs to let someone, anyone, know he's ok. No one is mad at him. It's not too late to just let us know he's alright.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricFo...issing_from_electric_forest/#thing_t1_e1uiad0

:thinking:

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  6. Takeitfromme

So the news articles differ a bit. Did he walk away from the concert or the campsite? Which one was it? Which one is the final confirmed place he was last seen?

Akoya, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  7. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

8. Takeitfromme

I am aware he has not been found. If I came off that way I certainly apologize. What you stated in the post about mental illness and such that's actually very important stuff to know and very helpful and unfortunately I have been in your shoes but I was very very very young like 7 years old so I unfortunately do know what you guys are going through and it is a nightmare everyone here offers great support to members by using her own private social media sites etcetera.
    I just had questions to ask to help understand the case a little better.

9. Takeitfromme

10. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Oh no! I have no connection to this missing person. That's a post from Reddit. So no need to apologize. I should have made that more clear in my post.

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I don't know the area, but it was probably one large venue where people camp out near the concert site. Sounds like he may have walked away from the concert, saying he was going back to his tent at the campsite. Either way, it's a similar location. Somewhere on the festival grounds.

Where was the ATM? Many of these festivals will have ATMs on site.

I've been to several as well. Definitely an increased concern with a possible mental illness (via possible girlfriend's post).

Uno2Much, Akoya, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

This photo appears to be from Electric Forest this year.
    Campsite in the background, concert venue entrance in the foreground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Roughly 30,000 attended the first weekend and about 40,000 attended the second weekend. A Tuesday report from The Michigan State Police indicated 27 arrests made with another 31 expected to face apprehension as well. Currently, the pending charges include felony drug and larceny cases. Cases also include misdemeanor offenses like assault, drug possession, trespassing and destruction of property. MSP investigated a total of 97 complaints while assisting emergency medical personnel during medical calls on site. The number of medical calls is unknown, but causes came from extreme heat exhaustion." - https://www.edmtunes.com/2018/07/electric-forest-2018-sees-27-arrested-with-more-to-come/

At least one death - https://www.freep.com/story/enterta...rie-hunter-electric-music-festival/762897002/

Another man was also missing from the festival, but was found today in another state. - https://www.9and10news.com/2018/07/...ile-attending-electric-forest-music-festival/

13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

14. Takeitfromme

Oh I was thinking you were the girlfriend of the ex-girlfriend my bad but regardless there's so many possible things that could have happened and unfortunately as most of us would know that abductions and other things that no one really likes to think about can happen at and around festivals we've seen abductions after Metallica concert there was a John Doe for a long time being grateful Doe he was a deadhead that had died after a show or Festival but no one knew who he was

15. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Looks like a festival where drugs would be rampant. I'm not saying that in a blaming kind of way but when people go missing from these types of venues, the possibility is huge that they were involved. Not necessarily od, but judgement was most likely impaired. If it was hot there like it was here, a lot of things at these venues cause dehydration. That by itself is not good. Think a multi day rave environment.

Uno2Much, Kimster, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  16. Takeitfromme

My thoughts exactly!

17. Takeitfromme

Uno2Much, Kimster, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  18. Takeitfromme

19. Takeitfromme

This is just so sad... where is he!?

Uno2Much, NOCLUE, spike and 1 other person like this.
  20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Information posted at Reddit does not require verification or sources for information. Be cautious of information coming from Reddit.

NOCLUE, spike and Takeitfromme like this.