1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AZ KIERA LANAE BERGMAN: Missing from Phoenix, AZ - 04 Aug 2018 - Age 19

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by fran, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

According to a statement, 19-year-old Kiera Lanae Bergman was last seen at her home near 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road, and has not returned home or heard from since.

[​IMG]

Bergman is described by Phoenix Police as an African American woman, 5'3" tall and weighing 143 lbs. Police did not provide a description of what she was last seen wearing.

"I just want her home," said Kiera's mother, Kirsten Bragg. "I want her in my arms and safe."

Bragg said when she reached out to her daughter via text on Saturday, there was no response. When she called, her daughter's phone was off.

"I'm crazy. I'm going crazy," said Bragg. "I'm a nervous wreck. I'm exhausted just thinking of all these scenarios in my head."

"My biggest fear is that they're gonna find her, and she's not gonna be here anymore," said Bragg. "That's my biggest fear."

Anyone with information on this case should call the Phoenix Police Department Missing Persons Unit at (602) 534-2121. For calls made after hours, call (602) 262-6141.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ar...lice-looking-for-woman-missing-since-saturday

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ugust-4-2018-in-phoenix-az.4028/#comment-4125

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM
  2. fran

San Diego mother pleads for her missing daughter's return in Arizona

SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8) – A San Diego mother on Thursday pleaded for her missing teenage daughter’s return after she vanished without a trace.

Kiera Bregman, 19, had recently moved to Arizona from San Diego with her boyfriend.

According to Kiera’s mother, Kiersten Bragg, her daughter left work early Saturday and then vanished.

Bregman said Kiera’s roommate called her earlier this week saying she had not seen Kiera for day. “I am so scared for her right now – out there not knowing where she is and what she is going through.”

Kiera’s San Diego based family is currently living at a Glendale hotel desperately awaiting word on their loved one. Kiera’s family said she worked at a Glendale leasing company.

Kiera’s purse, wallet and car were found at her nearby apartment complex. “I am trying to think positive. I am trying to think that she is out there and she is either okay or – I don’t know what to think,” said her mother.

Police said the investigation is in its earliest stages. Officials said they currently have more questions than answers. “Her disappearance is unique, in that we don’t have any answers and no leads as to where she currently might be. This is out of character for her to not speak with friends or family,” said Sgt. Vincent Lewis, Phoenix Police.

For Kiera’s family, her disappearance just does not make sense. “If she wants to be gone for a day, she’ll at least let somebody know. She’ll at least contact somebody. I am very scared. I just want her home,” said Kiera’s sister, Braydee Bragg.

According to the family, Kiera recently expressed she wanted to return to San Diego. Phoenix police stressed they are only classifying the case as a missing person’s case – at least at this point.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/38854347/...s-for-her-missing-daughters-return-in-arizona

3. fran

Vigil held for missing El Cajon woman who recently moved to Arizona

SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8) — Family and friends of an El Cajon woman who went missing in Arizona came together Friday to pray for her safe return. Kiera Bergman recently moved to Glendale with her boyfriend then over the weekend she vanished.

The 19-year-old went missing Saturday and hasn't been seen since she left her job at a Glendale, Arizona, leasing company.

"You see this in movies, you see this on the news with other people and you don't think one day you're going to be going through it,” said Kiera’s aunt Mindy Tarantino.

Mindy says her family is trying support the search effort in Arizona from afar, but it's been heartbreaking to still not know where Kiera is.

"We're struggling,” she said. “We're trying to stay strong. We've had many sleepless nights this week.”

Kiera moved from San Diego to the Phoenix area earlier this year with her boyfriend.

Her mother and other family members are at a Glendale hotel as the investigation into Kiera's disappearance continues.

"Just breaks my heart not knowing where she is and what's happening to her if anything,” said Kiera’s mom Kiersten Bragg.

Phoenix police say they are in the early stages of their investigation.

"The disappearance is unique in that we don't have any answers as to where she could be and this is out of character for her to not speak with her friends and family,” said a Phoenix police officer.

As of Friday her disappearance is only classified as a missing persons case

read more ................. http://www.cbs8.com/story/38862619/...-el-cajon-woman-who-recently-moved-to-arizona

4. fran

I have an uneasy feeling about this missing girl.
    kwim?

:(
    fran

Akoya and Uno2Much like this.
  5. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Me, too. When someone's purse, wallet and car are found while the person cannot be found it usually is a bad sign.
    I hope this is a rare occasion where she returns safely. :vigil:

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Teen vanishes in 'unique' disappearance from Glendale

“Her disappearance is unique, in that we don’t have any answers and no leads as to where she currently might be, and this is out of character for her to not speak with friends or family,” said Phoenix police Sgt. Vincent Lewis.

Police say Kiera Bergman was last seen at her residence, which her roommate identified as Indigo Creek Apartments. Her family says her boyfriend told them he saw Kiera at home Saturday.

Bragg says Kiera was last seen in public after leaving work early Saturday at Progressive Leasing in Glendale. They say she had recently moved from San Diego to the Phoenix area with her boyfriend.

"We are fully cooperating with the police in this matter, and our thoughts are with her and her family," said Garet Hayes, director of public relations for Aaron's, which is the business' parent company.

Bragg says she's especially concerned because Kiera left her purse, wallet, and car behind at home.

Police say the investigation is in its earliest stages, and that right now they have more questions than answers.

“I’m trying to think positive. I’m trying to think that she is out there and she is either OK or—I don’t know what to think,” Bragg said.

The family insists that disappearing is not something Kiera would do willingly.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/38865291/teen-vanishes-in-unique-disappearance-from-glendale

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

‘I want her to come home’: Family searching for 19-year-old daughter holds Phoenix vigil

Family and friends of Kiera Bergman, a 19-year-old who went missing in Phoenix last Saturday, held a vigil at her apartment Saturday evening as the first week of their search found more questions than answers.

“She’s just a very happy, loving, very outgoing, very strong-minded girl,” Bergman’s mother, Kiersten Bragg said.

Nearly 30 people attended the vigil outside of Bergman’s apartment near 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road, where Phoenix police said Bergman was seen last.

Prayers, tears, and hugs were shared among those close to Bergman while several other guests who didn’t know her trickled in to show their support.

Chris Bragg, Bergman’s father, said “she was a very innocent, naïve kid. I tried to keep our kids … sheltered.”

Bergman grew up outside San Diego, was passionate about hair and makeup, and attended cosmetology school, her mother said.

She moved out of her family’s home in March to live in Phoenix with her then-boyfriend, Kiersten Bragg said.

Concern grows among family, friends for missing Phoenix teen

“Not too long after that, the phone line was disconnected. We’d only be able to connect with her through messenger or FaceTime on Facebook,” Bragg said.

Soon after, Bergman told her family that she and her boyfriend had broken up, and she moved into an apartment with her friend Destiny Hall-Chand, Bragg said.

Hall-Chand, 20, was one of the last people to see Bergman. They worked together at Progressive Leasing in Glendale, a lending division of furniture retailer Aaron’s.

According to Hall-Chand, the two went to work together last Saturday morning when Bergman became noticeably upset and left work early.

Bergman’s ex-boyfriend, who had recently moved into their apartment, picked her up, the friend said.

Hall-Chand said Bergman did have a phone, and the roommate texted and called Bergman repeatedly when she didn’t come home Saturday.

Bergman texted back saying she would call Hall-Chand when she got a charger for her phone. When Bergman did not return home Sunday or show up to work Monday, Hall-Chand said she called police.

https://en.brinkwire.com/news/i-wan...for-19-year-old-daughter-holds-phoenix-vigil/

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

[​IMG]

One of her roommates told KPHO-TV that she didn't come home after sending a strange text message. "She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy that she met at the store a couple days ago, which is something that's not like her, I mean, that's not something that she would do," Destiny Hall-Chand told the station.

A roommate called Bergman's mother, Kiersten Bragg, last Monday when Kiera didn't come to work. Bergman's family traveled from San Diego to Arizona last week and spent Friday posting fliers asking for help around the apartment complex in the Phoenix-area city of Glendale.

"This is my worst nightmare," Bragg told KPHO-TV. "... For it to now be a week and her not getting in contact with anybody, this is not Kiera."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/phoenix-arizona-woman-kiera-bergman-has-been-missing-for-over-a-week/

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Dad says lack of information about missing 19-year-old Phoenix girl 'just kills us'

It's been 10 days since 19-year-old Kiera Lanae Bergman disappeared in Phoenix, leaving her belongings behind -- and her worried father says he has no idea what happened to her.

"We have no information, which just kills us," Chris Bragg told ABC News on Tuesday. "If we knew something, our minds wouldn't be racing and thinking of all the different possibilities."

"She's a beautiful, intelligent person. She's extremely talented," Chris Bragg said of his daughter. "She has the biggest heart of anybody I've ever met. Our church used to do homeless outreach and she would go down and do these ladies' hair and makeup just because it made them feel beautiful."

"She got so much joy out of making other people happy -- that's just the kind of person she is," he added.

Authorities said it isn't like her to be out of touch with her family for so long.

"It was out of character for Kiera to disappear as she did," Phoenix Police Sgt. Vince Lewis told ABC News on Tuesday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-lack-information-missing-19-year-phoenix-girl/story?id=57167995

[​IMG]