1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MI KIMBERLY KING: Missing from Warren, MI - 16 Sept 1979 - Age 12

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kimberly was last seen sleeping over at a friend's house in Warren, Michigan, across the street from her grandparents home, on the night of September 15, 1979. At 11:00 pm, she called her sister and said she snuck out of her friend's house and was calling from a phone booth not far away. Her sister told her to go back inside, but Kimberly did not return to her friend's home and has not been seen since.

One witness said they saw Kimberly at a phone booth that was not a short distance from her home, but instead several miles away. Her case was initially classified as a runaway, but later classified as a non-family abduction with possible foul play.

Several theories have been investigated related to Kimberly's disappearance, but no suspects have ever been identified.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/601787/1

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/king_kimberly.html

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2544/1/

Media - http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...house-in-warren-mi-on-september-15-1979.2733/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing in MI: Kimberly King's best friend speaks out on 1979 missing case

It's been almost 40 years since Kimberly King's loved ones last saw her. She was just 12 when she vanished.

"It's a day I won't forget," says Kimberly's sister, Konnie Beyma.

That night, Kimberly had gone across the street from her grandparents' house where she lived, to her best friend Annie's house. She'd told her family she was spending the night there, but around 11:30 that night, Beyma got a call. Kim was looking to talk to their older sister. Kim said she was calling from the corner of 9 and Hoover which was very close to their grandparents' house.

"I asked her to go right back home. I was shocked that she was out that late at night, but she said 'I'm spending the night at Annie's right across the street' and I said 'then please go back to Annie's right now' and she said she would," says Beyma.

But that never happened. Kim's family reported her missing to Warren Police, but at the time investigators considered her a runaway. Beyma says Kim never would have left them.

Someone else who never forgot about Kim is her best childhood friend, Annie.

She says Kim liked to go hang out at night. Kim would tell her family she was sleeping over, when actually, she'd leave Annie's and not return until the next morning.

Annie says Kim would hitchhike and go cruising on Gratiot.

She still remembers the last time she saw Kim on that September night. They were in her backyard when Kim hopped the fence and left.

Annie was expecting her back at her house the next morning, but Kim never showed up.

"She was like, an older personality. I think that may have had something to do with it .. if she was on Gratiot pretending she was 15 or 16.. ran in with the wrong crowd that may have led to her demise," she says.

Annie says she's forgiven her 13-year-old self for not telling an adult what she was up to. For the first time in almost 40 years, Annie says she was interviewed by Warren police a couple of weeks ago.

She can only hope answers will come soon.

As for the investigation, Warren's Deputy Police Commissioner Matt Nichols says a cold case doesn't mean closed case.

"We've been able to connect some dots, but not enough to develop a whole picture," he said.

Police are asking anyone who was a classmate or friend of Kim's at the time of her disappearance to give them a call. They're hoping to find out more about who she was hanging out with.

Beyma is glad they're taking a closer look with fresh eyes. In her heart, she doesn't believe Kim is still alive, but wants to bring her home. She says she'll never quit.

"It's the most important thing in my life. Absolutely. Until we find her it will always be the most important thing in my life."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/missing-in-mi-kimberly-kings-best-friend-speaks-out-on-1979-missing-case

Jimmy, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

What a sad situation! Was she living with her grandparents? What happened to her parents? I didn't read the whole article obviously. I just think it's sad that the adults in her life didn't rein her in.

Jimmy, Akoya and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Source: Police search for body of girl missing since 1979 in Macomb Township

Several law enforcement agencies are searching a Macomb Township property for clues related to Kimberly King, a girl was 12 when she went missing in 1979, according to police sources.

The Warren Police Department was the lead agency on the search in Macomb Township, which included crews using a backhoe, shovels, and more to dig through the property just south of 23 Mile near North Avenue.

According to sources, they're searching for the body of Kimberly King, a girl who went missing from Warren when she was 12 in 1979. Sources also say there may be other bodies in the field as well.

In that same area, the remains of a 13-year-old girl, Cindy Zarzycki, was found in 2008 after convicted child killer Arthur Nelson Ream led police to that spot.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loc...of-girl-missing-since-1979-in-macomb-township

Kimster, Uno2Much and Akoya like this.
  5. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Hunh? :yada:

Suspected serial killer wants an apology from police in Michigan
    John Wisely,Christina Hall and Elisha Anderson
    Published 2:34 p.m. ET May 21, 2018 | Updated 2:45 p.m. ET May 21, 2018

WARREN, Mich. — Arthur Nelson Ream acknowledges that he raped a teenage hitchhiker in the 1970s, had sex with underage girls and buried 13-year-old Cindy Zarzycki in an unmarked grave.

But he denies killing Zarzycki or anyone else and says he deserves an apology from Warren police who have called him a suspected serial killer.

Ream could be responsible for four to six murders, police said. And investigators spent several days earlier this month digging unsuccessfully for bones on property near Warren, Detroit's largest suburb, in Macomb Township.

The missing girls range in age from 12 to 17 and disappeared between 1970 and 1982.

"I’ve never had anything to do with any of them," Ream told the Free Press in an hourlong telephone interview from prison Thursday. "There’s absolutely no connection between me and them at all.”

Ream said police should apologize to taxpayers for the money spent on the search and to the families of the missing girls.

"He owes them a big apology for getting their hopes up in this case," Ream said of Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer. "He owes Cindy Zarzycki’s family a big apology for bringing up bad memories. And he owes me an apology for just getting me dragged into this.”

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...l-killer-arthur-ream-wants-apology/628529002/

Paradise, kdg411 and spike like this.
  6. spike

spike Bronze Member

:mad:

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Now I'm even more suspicious that he's a serial killer. Someone who is innocent would be mortified, not indignant.

Akoya, Uno2Much, spike and 2 others like this.
  8. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

"Well, Mr. Ream,we would like you to take a DNA test, since you keep saying you are innocent. Are you willing to do that?"