1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX KING JAY DAVILA: Missing from San Antonio, TX - 4 Jan 2019 - Age 8 mo *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 5, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Police: 8-month-old baby taken from father's car, missing

[​IMG]

The San Antonio Police Department needs the public help in locating an 8-month-old baby who was taken Friday night while inside of a car.

Police said 8-month-old King Jay Davila was taken inside his father's car on the 300 block of Enrique Barrera near Southwest 34th Street Friday night. The father, Christopher Davila, 34, drove into a gas station and parked, leaving the car running with the door open. A woman was walking down the street, hopped into the car and drove off with the baby in the backseat. Police have a lot of the incident on video.

"It's not a personal issue," said Chief William McManus. "It's a kidnapping."

Authorities describe the suspect as a thin white or Hispanic woman in her 20s or 30s, and was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie and tan pants.

The car was found nearby by Rodriguez Park with the baby and keys missing.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/police-8-month-old-baby-taken-from-fathers-car-missing

[​IMG]

KareBear, Kimster, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family of kidnapped 8-month-old not cooperating with police, chief says

Police on Saturday released photos of a woman suspected of kidnapping an 8-month-old baby boy Friday night.

Police said they are still trying to identify the woman who they said got into the baby's father's vehicle and took off before abandoning the car without the baby inside.

The boy's father, 34-year-old Christopher Davila, was booked on a charge of child endangerment. Police said Friday they believe he is behind the child's disappearance.

McManus said the father drove to a convenience store in the 300 block of Enrique Barrera Parkway, left the car running and the driver's door open and went inside the store to make a purchase. That's when police said the woman got into the car and drove off.

"We have the father down at headquarters right now, and his story is not adding up," McManus said Friday night. "We believe, right now, that he knows the woman who took the baby. We believe that it was set up, but nonetheless, we have a missing 8-month-old. The mother of the child is very, very distraught."

The car was later found near Rodriguez Park, with no baby in the car, no car seat and no keys, McManus said.

McManus said police are treating the situation as if the child is in grave danger as they are not sure what Davila's motives are.

Police said that while King's case doesn't meet the very specific criteria for an Amber Alert, they "have entered the child into state and national missing person database, created flyers and issued notifications to our law enforcement partners."

https://www.ksat.com/news/8-month-old-baby-boy-kidnapped-on-west-side-father-facing-charges

KareBear, Kimster, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

San Antonio police continue to search for missing 8-month-old, father charged

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Saturday evening that 8-month-old King Jay Davila remains missing during a news conference where a video of the abduction was shown.

"Detectives have been working around the clock since this happened last night and they continue to work as we speak, trying to find King J," McManus said.

He said police believe the father Christopher Davila, 34, who is charged with child endangerment in connection to the abduction, worked with the woman seen in the video.

"As you can see," McManus explained, "from her walking up, there is no hesitation, no looking around, no wondering if she's going to get in this car or not. She knows where she going and what she's doing."

He said events in the video were just "seconds" after the father left the vehicle. He also noted that the child's family has not offered help.

"The family is not cooperating, as is the father Christopher Davila, not cooperating," McManus said. "We continue to hope that the father will start to be cooperative and the family members will help us in this. But right now they're uncooperative, much to our dismay."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...ch-for-missing-13510661.php#item-85307-tbla-5

4. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

San Antonio PD
    @SATXPolice

Thank you @FBISanAntonio for your assistance in finding King Jay Davila.

Davila.jpg

6:15 PM Jan 5, 2019

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

6. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ks...-speaks-from-jail-disputes-police-accusations

From the article:

NEWS

Father of kidnapped 8-month-old speaks from jail, disputes police accusationsMother claims 'everybody is being cooperative' with police

JAPHANIE GRAY

JANUARY 5, 2019, 11:20 PM

The parents of 8-month-old King Jay Davila, who was kidnapped Friday , are speaking out against allegations that his father had something to do with his abduction.

“It is not right,” Christopher Davila said via phone Saturday while in custody on a charge of endangering a child.

Davila spoke with KSAT while on the phone with his fiancé, Jasmine Gonzales.

“Since day one the police have been doing the same thing and they are not getting anywhere. Their focus is somewhere else. They just need to focus on where the car was located,” Davila said.

In a press conference Saturday afternoon, San Antonio police said Davila was uncooperative in the investigation and that his family members were as well.

“Everybody is being cooperative,” said Jasmine Gonzales, Davila’s fiancé and King Jay's mother. “They are the ones trying to push the issue, trying to get somebody to accuse somebody, to get that blame for that. Instead of trying to get someone into prison, they need to worry about finding my son. That is what they need to do.”

She said all of their family went to police headquarters and were questioned.

“They took us all in and we answered every question they had to ask,” Gonzales said. “They just wanted us to work against Chris and that wasn’t going to happen because he did nothing wrong.

"Then, when they saw I wasn’t budging on their accusation of him, they started questioning me as if I did something to my baby and had him cover it up.

The family said Davila has posted bail but is being held until his paperwork is processed.

“I just want to say that it is messed up how police are handling this right now,” Davila said in the final moments of his phone call from jail. “They're not sending an Amber Alert out for my son. Their focus is somewhere else right now, and not on the main issue. Every judge I spoke to and every officer that I spoke to agreed that it's wrong what they're doing.”

7. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

They just need to focus on where the car was located,” Davila said

:thinking:

8. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

https://twitter.com/i/status/1081701431982391296

TripleA, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Why in the world would they set it up to have a woman steal their child? Please tell me money isn't behind it. Please.

10. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

This is exactly what i am thinking.

Whatsnext, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  11. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I do have to agree with that statement. Seems like the logical place to concentrate

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Discovery of baby bottle prompts search of Rodriguez Park, family of kidnapped baby says

Several law enforcement agencies are searching Rodriguez Park after the family of a kidnapped 8-month-old said they discovered a baby bottle while searching the park Sunday, the family told KSAT.

Family told KSAT Sunday that they gathered a large search party consisting of family and friends and scoured the park for clues and found a baby bottle. The family said that discovery prompted a larger search effort from authorities.

Police tweeted Sunday night that they are still looking for King Jay.

"(We are) doing our due diligence and conducting a more thorough search of the area as part of the ongoing investigation," police said of their presence at Rodriguez Park.

A spokesperson for the San Antonio Fire Department said five San Antonio fire personnel were called to assist police in their search of the scene. They said they have their rescue team and boat on standby, should police need to access Leon Creek.

Authorities were seen focusing their attention on a portion of Leon Creek, and law enforcement officials had what appeared to be two law enforcement K-9s searching the area.

https://www.ksat.com/news/discovery...-rodriguez-park-family-of-kidnapped-baby-says

13. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

The family found a bottle? :thinking:

I am just so skeptical. Sorry. I pray that this baby is safe and sound.

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family of missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila continues search with flyers

The search continues for an 8-month-old King Jay Davila.

King Jay was taken when a woman stole his father's car Friday night on the West Side.

People gathered at Rodriguez Park and were searching until two o’clock this morning.

The mother of King Jay, Jasmine Gonzales, said the strategy has now changed and family members will not be coming back to the park to search. Instead, they will be handing out flyers around town.

Police said the family has not been cooperating with the investigation, but the family said the exact opposite.

We will update you when we receive an update from investigators.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...-king-jay-davila-continues-search-with-flyers

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Whatsnext, kdg411 and Paradise like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I wonder if they were "asked" by LE to not search?

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. How convenient.

16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

SAPD: King Jay's kidnapping was staged by father to cover up foul play
    McManus: 'There's one answer that we don't have and that's: Where is King Jay?'
    By Adrian Garcia - Digital Journalist, David Ibanez - Web - Managing Editor
    Posted: 5:33 PM, January 07, 2019Updated: 7:24 PM, January 07, 2019
    [​IMG]
    • San Antonio police have identified and arrested the woman seen Friday night driving off in a car with what authorities initially believed was missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila in the back seat.

"The child was not in the car," Police Chief William McManus said.

McManus said the investigation has revealed King Jay's father, Christopher Davila, staged the kidnapping in an attempt to "cover up foul play."

Booking photo from Sept. 2013.

On Friday night, Davila drove to a West Side convenience store and left his car running and the driver's side door unlocked while he went inside to make a purchase, McManus said.

During that time, a woman was seen on surveillance video getting into Davila's car and driving off. Shortly after, the same woman was seen walking down a street with a baby carrier, McManus said.

"This was not a car theft. This was not a kidnapping. This was a staged event," McManus said. "The woman in the video who took the vehicle is a cousin of Christopher Davila."

McManus said the woman, who was arrested on an unrelated charge, was dropped off on an adjoining street near the store by a person who has also been identified by police.

"We know that there are more people out there who have information on this case, what happened to King Jay," McManus said.

McManus said those who know anything and are withholding information regarding the disappearance of King Jay may be charged at the conclusion of the investigation.

"There is one answer that we don't have and that is: Where is King Jay?" McManus said. "We are actively looking everywhere and we will continue to look everywhere as this investigation moves forward."

https://www.ksat.com/news/sapd-to-hold-news-conference-on-kidnapped-baby-case

noZme, Whatsnext, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

*sigh* :(
    Thought this was some sort of scam. Attention. Insurance. Something.
    Not foul play. :tears:

Mel70, kdg411, noZme and 2 others like this.
  19. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I am so pessimistic that my first thought was a cover up for something that happened at home to this innocent baby. I prayed to be wrong, to have it a money scam, or even that they sold the baby to some desperate loving family, anything other than the worst. Someone will talk soon and then we will be seeing yet another funeral with a teeny tiny casket.

20. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Relatives stage abduction of missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila in Texas to cover up 'foul play,' cops say

[​IMG]

The driver, identified Tuesday by the Express-News newspaper as Angie Torres, has been arrested on unrelated charges. Torres is Christopher Davila's cousin.

SAPD identifies woman who allegedly helped stage infant's fake kidnapping

The San Antonio Police Department on Tuesday identified the 45-year-old woman accused of concocting a fake baby abduction with a relative.

Angie Torres was arrested on an unrelated robbery charge. She was booked into the Bexar County Jail on a $50,000 bond. According to her arrest affidavit, Torres stole some razors from a West Side Dollar General on Sunday and kicked an employee who tried to stop her.