1. FLORIDA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Braxton Williams, 6, and Bri'ya Williams, 5, who were last seen in Jacksonville on Sunday, December 15.
    They disappeared while playing in front of their home, and may have been abducted by an unknown person.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    Click HERE for more information

CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KYRIAN KNOX: Illinois vs. Kamel Harris for murder and dismemberment of 2-year-old *NOT GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Sep 21, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Kyrian Knox is missing from Rockford, Illinois. It is unclear exactly how long he has been missing, or the circumstances of his disappearance.

[​IMG]

Missing toddler in Rockford, possible connection to heinous Chicago case

A mother of a missing toddler with ties to Rockford sends out a plea to help find her son. The investigation has Rockford Police looking at all possible connections including a recent investigation in Chicago.

Yesterday, Rockford Police announced Kyrian Knox, 2, went missing from a home in Rockford. But it's unclear exactly how long he's been missing. We do know Chicago Police were in Rockford on Friday. They took DNA from the mother of the missing toddler.

Just more than two weeks ago, Chicago Police found the dismembered body of a toddler in Garfield Park in Chicago. They have not been able to identify that boy yet and when 13 News asked Rockford Police if the two cases could be connected, they said there is no definitive connection, but that they are looking at all avenues.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/kyrian-knox-missing-from-rockford-illinois.828/

KareBear, HALO., GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

2-year-old Rockford boy not abducted, still missing

On Sunday, police announced the child was reported missing Thursday, but said the exact date and time Kyrian was last seen was not clear.

Monday, police said Kyrian is not believed to be abducted, one of the primary guidelines for the issuance of an AMBER Alert.

He was last seen in the care of a family friend prior to his disappearance.Rockford police detectives have been working non-stop with the family and several law enforcement agencies to investigate all leads,

Rockford Police Lt. Carla Redd said.Police would not say where the boy was living or identity the "family friend."

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20150921/NEWS/150929893

KareBear, HALO., GarAndMo49 and 4 others like this.
  3. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Wow. How can they not know exactly when a 2 year old went missing?!?! And, I hate to say it, but he does resemble the artist rendition of the little boy that was found dismembered. Especially the top picture

KareBear, HALO., GarAndMo49 and 5 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Oh no..... the ears..... the eyes and nose.......and the mouth...... it very well could be...... regardless of this child in the lagoon is its still gonna be awful when we find out who he is/she is and what happened..... horror... sheer horror

KareBear, Lily, GarAndMo49 and 6 others like this.
  6. Takeitfromme

This is awful.... so many of them lately like more than usual!!!! These heinous kids crimes.... it is so bad lately

7. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Yes I think the top picture of Kyrian, especially the mouth area, looks very much alike.

walkie-talkie, MadgeS, spike and 2 others like this.
  8. Takeitfromme

walkie-talkie, MadgeS and WindStorm like this.
  9. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

Kyrian's low ears look very much like the ears on the baby in the composite. :(

10. Takeitfromme

That's what I keep thinking about... this is a very close physical resemblance .... too close..... I fear it could be him..... but no one knows when Kyrian actually went missing...... I hope this is not like another Casey Anthony thing.... :barf:

11. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

:welcome: @Jaws i agree about the ears!

Jaws, MadgeS and Takeitfromme like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Chicago police take DNA from woman in lagoon case, probe possible link to missing Rockford boy

Chicago police trying to identify the dismembered toddler found in a lagoon this month have collected DNA from the relatives of children who have gone missing, including a young boy reported missing in Rockford.

http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/pu...ossible-link-to-missing-rockford-boy-20150922

Investigators in Garfield Park Lagoon Case Take DNA Samples From Mother of Missing Toddler in Rockford

Police took DNA samples from the mother of a missing toddler in connection with the investigation into a child’s dismembered remains, which were found in a Chicago lagoon earlier this month.

The mother of Kyrian Knox, Lanisha Knox, told WREX that she doesn't believe the child found in the lagoon is her son, adding she doesn't "want to speculate."

The remains have undergone several other tests, including a "dental consultation" and DNA sampling, but the results that have come back have not been able to determine the identity of the child.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...of-Missing-Toddler-in-Rockford-328713161.html

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search Continues for Missing Toddler

The head of an African American, or mixed race toddler was found in a Chicago lagoon last week. But new information in the case reveals that it could be the baby of at least nine families across the country…including one right here in Rockford.

At least three missing children from the Chicago area fit the description, and one of them is from right here in Rockford-Kyrian Knox.

http://www.mystateline.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-toddler

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

15. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

He sure resembles the boy that was found. I hope that it's not him, for his family's sake.

16. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

How can a child of 2 go missing and the parents not even know when he was seen?

GarAndMo49, Jaws and Kimster like this.
  17. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I said that very same thing up thread. I can't imagine a legitimate reason.

GarAndMo49, Kimster and MadgeS like this.
  18. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

You know Im thinking one of this child's loved ones took him. :(

GarAndMo49 and WindStorm like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kyrian’s mother, Lanisha Knox, was in the process of moving from Cedar Rapids, to Chicago. She said she had family friends in Rockford who agreed to care for her son. (http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/pu...ossible-link-to-missing-rockford-boy-20150922) So it wasn't his parents who saw him last.

However, these "family friends" should most certainly know when Kyrian was last seen. It does sound like they're trying to cover something up...

"Knox says she would call regularly but Kyrian never spoke to her. She said he would just listen to her talk to him. Knox says on Thursday she called the friend who didn't pick up the phone, so she sent a text.

"I said this is Lanisha, I'm calling to talk to Kyrian. She said 'Wait, what? I'm confused.' She never let on that my kid was gone," Knox says.

She said she found out her son was missing Thursday night when the Rockford Police Department called her. She says they were at her friend's home in Rockford and told her Kyrian was missing.

"They said, 'Did you have anyone come pick him up?" and I'm like, 'No.'" says Knox. "They told me the child was gone." (http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case)

If someone came and took him, they should at least be able to give an approximate date or time of disappearance... Though I'm hoping that's what happened. Don't want Kyrian to be this poor child in the lagoon. (Though it's *someone's* poor child :( )

20. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

bbm exactly.

This breaks my heart.