1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR KYRON HORMAN: Missing from Portland, OR - 4 June 2010 - Age 7

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 15, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Kyron Horman, 7, was last seen at his elementary school the morning of June 4, 2010. His stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman had reportedly driven him to school for his science fair. Kyron failed to return home from school on the school bus. A massive, desperate search was launched immediately. Kyron's disappearance is now considered a criminal investigation, and Terri has been named a person of interest. However, no evidence of Kyron or his whereabouts has ever been discovered.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1149070/1
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7517/98
    Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/horman_kyron.html
    Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/kyron-horman-missing-from-portland-or.1/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Uno2Much, Akoya, Wow and 11 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Akoya, patsella, HALO. and 12 others like this.
  3. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

4. Kimster

Akoya, HALO., DaisyChains and 5 others like this.
  5. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Its a great sign, breaks your heart a mom or dad has to go thru this. :(

HALO., Wow, DaisyChains and 6 others like this.
  6. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I vividly remember the day his disappearance was broadcast. Where could Kyron be? I still light candles for him.

Akoya, HALO., Wow and 8 others like this.
  7. Kimster

I just saw this on Twitter and it struck me. I went all around the area where Kyron went missing, the areas from Terri Horman's timeline, all around the school, Fred Meyer, the island, etc. This picture looks so much like the terrain around there, even near Kyron's home. It gives everyone an idea of how difficult it is to find him, if he is in the area.

[​IMG]
    FOX 12 Oregon KPTV retweeted
    [​IMG]Laura Rillos‏@LauraRillos 8m8 minutes ago

Investigators now on scene of Cornelius Pass crash. One lane is now open and traffic is moving slowly.

Akoya, HALO., Wow and 8 others like this.
  8. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

This terrain reminds me of the area where Caylee was found but of course that area was surrounded by neighborhoods. Whereas this looks like natural forest. He could have been hidden anywhere. :(

Akoya, HALO., PlainJaneDoe and 7 others like this.
  9. Kimster

Miles and miles of this kind of terrain, as far as the eye can see!!!

Akoya, HALO., DaisyChains and 6 others like this.
  10. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Kimster, do you think that area could have been completely searched? I know that's a stretch. :)

11. Kimster

I know they've done their best, but even if they have, the foliage that falls on the ground makes it almost impossible to find a child. When I went there, I was overwhelmed with emotion when I thought "it would be a miracle to find Kyron out here". Still wets my eyes to think about it.

Akoya, HALO., DaisyChains and 7 others like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Oh I understand.

Akoya, MULDER, HALO. and 4 others like this.
  13. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I just don't see how TH could have taken him, killed him, and dumped his body. The timeline is just too tight and, really, how did she get him out of school and into her truck with no one seeing her?

IMO.

14. Kimster

I totally respect your opinion, :daisy: I was at the school and the terrain around it slopes. Where TH was reported to have parked the truck was down a slope and you couldn't see it from the school. So that's a possibility. There's also talk locally that the exact timeline hasn't actually been shared with the public. So, those are two things to consider.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Uno2Much, Akoya, HALO. and 8 others like this.
  15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I remember the photograph of the school and the slope where TH may have parked. IMO it was possible she walked out of there with Kyron and no one noticed. :(

16. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I thought she parked the truck in the parking lot in front of the school? Remember the report (rumor, maybe) of a strange man being seen in/near the truck?

They usually post a pic. of K on the Facebook page right when I'm on my first cup of coffee. I can't even imagine what Desiree is going through :(

Akoya, DaisyChains, spike and 4 others like this.
  17. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Kyron is still so missed, so Loved. I remember being glued to the TV and the message boards.
    I remember all three of them standing there during a presser.
    I am remembering how much TH is still fighting to get her name changed. I was reading about that recently.
    I think it would be real easy not to pay attention to all the things going on in school.
    Many parents I would say, helping their kids get their science fair projects in and set up.

I so remember~

Akoya, MULDER, HALO. and 8 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

In less than a month, Kyron Horman will have been missing for five years. Supporters organized a car wash Saturday in Klamath Falls to raise money for the next search effort coming up in a few months.

This search will be number six, organized by family among others done by law enforcement agencies. June 4 will mark five years since he disappeared.

http://www.kdrv.com/news/303198021.html

Akoya, DaisyChains, Wow and 8 others like this.
  19. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Has it really been 5 years blimey i remember following this case for months, can't imagine what the parents have been through for so long and no real answers.

Uno2Much, Akoya, HALO. and 6 others like this.
  20. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Akoya, DaisyChains, HALO. and 6 others like this.