1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LAURIE PARTRIDGE: Missing from Spokane, WA - 4 Dec 1974 - Age 17

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by CatFancier, Apr 15, 2015.

1. RedRose

RedRose Well-Known Member

Akoy: Certainly an eyebrow raiser!

spike and MULDER like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

I created this map to get a visual look at the locations where the victims disappeared. I am guessing that these disappearances may be connected because of similarities. There may be more victims who need to be added to the map. I have a feeling this map may only represent some of the victims.

- The victims disappeared during normal daylight hours.
    - The women disappeared from a street near their homes.
    - The victims were walking or riding a bicycle, alone.
    - There are no crime scenes.
    - The women disappeared between 1974 and 1979.
    - Remains of the victims have never been found.
    - The women disappeared within a 225 mile radius of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, along the I-90 corridor.

spike, MULDER, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  3. RedRose

Akoya: Five females. Do you know what were the times the females disappeared?

spike, MULDER and Akoya like this.
  4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

During the day. It's six females, now. They were all grabbed right off the street.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Laurie Partridge was 17 when she vanished in South Spokane, Washington. She was last seen on her way home from school near the intersection of 37th and Havana Street. December 4, 1974.

[​IMG]
    Robyn Ann Pettitnato was last seen walking towards the Whitefish, Montana softball field. July 5, 1975. She was 14.

[​IMG]
    Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick was 16 when she vanished without a trace on April 21, 1976, in Columbia Falls, Montana. She was walking home from a babysitting job in the neighborhood, but never arrived at her house.

[​IMG]
    Gayla Schaper was l28 when her husband dropped her off at a pasture near the family's dairy farm on Lenville Road southeast of Moscow, Idaho on June 29, 1979.

[​IMG]
    Christina White was 12 when she was last seen in Asotin, Washington on April 28, 1979.

[​IMG]
    Kristen David was 22 when she last seen on Friday, June 26, 1981, riding her bicycle from Moscow to her summer job at the Twin City Food Plant in nearby Lewiston, Idaho. On July 4, 1981, Kristen's remains were found in the river.

spike and MULDER like this.
  6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://altereddimensions.net/2014/l...n-asotin-washington-idaho-killer-remains-free

The disappearance and murder of Kristen David

[​IMG]

22-year-old Kristen David, a beautiful young woman with almond-shaped eyes, full lips, and blondish brown shoulder length hair, was a student at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. An avid bike rider, she was last seen on Friday June 26, 1981, riding her bicycle from Moscow to her summer job at the Twin City Food Plant (a pea-processing factory) in nearby Lewiston. It was not an unusual trek for Kristen, she had made this ride many times before, and one witness recalled seeing her going down a hill that lead into Lewiston the day she disappeared~. Later, another witness came forward claiming he may have seen her talking to someone in a brown van that had stopped along Highway 95 to “assist a young woman on the side of the road”.

Several days later, on Saturday July 4, 1981, two fisherman near the Red Wolf Crossing Bridge in Lewiston were moving down the river in their boat when they noticed a black, plastic garbage bag bobbing in the water near the north shore. Curious, they opened the bag and inside found the remains of a woman’s torso and leg. Not having a radio on board the boat, they asked another boat in the area to radio it in for them and waited for the police to arrive.

Police arrived on the scene and after searching the area “just downriver from the bridge”, found more bags containing human body parts, all within 300 yards from where the fishermen found the first bag. Police noted that the Red Wolf Crossing Bridge was a long, isolated bridge with a clear, flat view of the roads leading to and from the structure and surmised the killer dumped the bags from atop the bridge, likely in the middle of the night or early morning hours.

Evidence was sent to the state crime lab who returned the results of their analysis of the body (and other accompanying articles) in short order. The discarded body belonged to 22-year old Kristen David. A taste of fear spread through the community and a rumor began to proliferate – was one of the fisherman who discovered Kristen’s body the same man who last saw little Christina before her disappearance two years earlier?

spike, MULDER and RedRose like this.
  7. RedRose

I'm wondering if this could be a person who works nights (night shift)?

8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I think this is really significant.

Later, another witness came forward claiming he may have seen her talking to someone in a brown van that had stopped along Highway 95 to “assist a young woman on the side of the road”.

9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://altereddimensions.net/2014/l...n-asotin-washington-idaho-killer-remains-free

I’m familiar with these cases, having lived in Genesee as well as Lewiston Idaho, and I’ve never thought the Kristen Davis case fit with the others, her murder was horrific, and brutal, if memory serves Voss neither owned a van nor fit the physical description given by the young man in Genesee Idaho. And the rumors were, she was dismembered at the Sacajawea Motel..not exactly something a local man would do. Especially given the small size of the motel..anyhoo just my two cents

11. RedRose

Akoya: You are on to something....keep going! What do you need?

12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Thanks, Red Rose. I do think there could be a connection with these women, but I think I am stuck. I have gone through the missing women in Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Oregon who were located in that general area. I don't have information for women who might have been taken, but later found deceased. I don't think the three from the theater were connected to the others. The kidnappings were about 30 years ago and before computers, so information isn't available. The valley is a quiet place. There are a lot of missing women for a rural location like that. There's just no way to know how many more women could be involved.

spike, MULDER, Ladyslug and 1 other person like this.
  13. RedRose

Alkoya: Are you able to put together commonalities on the females?

14. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Great information! I've been up that way along the Snake River in there's a lot of areas where it's very difficult to cross. It would be interesting to know where those Crossings are.

spike, RedRose, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  15. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I haven't been through that Snake River area or the Coeur d'Alene area recently, but I recall that it is very rural and very beautiful. I think it's significant that so many women disappeared with the same pattern during that five year time period. Something was happening in that geographic area and women were disappearing. A serial killer had been a topic of discussion in the Lewis-Clark Valley, but I don't think all of the women identified as possible victims were part of the same group and I think there are probably women who weren't identified. There is a possibility that additional women are probably in need of inclusion because if deceased bodies had been found, they wouldn't be included in databases like NAMUS. Unfortunately, records from the 1970s are almost impossible to find.

I found several women who disappeared in the geographic area around the same period of time, but I eliminated some of them because the MO was different. I read that Patricia Otto was considered as a victim of this Lewis-Clark Valley Serial Killer, but I don't see how that is possible. Patricia had a fight with her older husband before she disappeared. Years later, when Patricia's husband died from natural causes, the ring and jewelry Patricia had been wearing were found in one of his suit pockets. The police do suspect that he killed Patricia. There are two women in Yakima and Kennewick who have very limited information. I found several other women who didn't "fit the MO" of the group I found. I don't have any idea who killed the two young women in the theater group, but I think they aren't connected to these other women. The two women were found tied together in a rural area, and the male who was with them has never been found. Until this person can be found, the police say they can't identify the murderer of those women. Neither of the men considered as possible suspects had a brown van.

There was a sighting of a man with brown hair who was driving a brown van with Oregon plates. He was on the side of the road with Kristen David and her bicycle, the day she disappeared. There are reports that her body had been dismembered in a local hotel. Several days after Kristen disappeared, her body segments were found in garbage bags, in the Snake River. I do think Kristen is probably connected to the group.

These are the similarities the victims have. It's a pattern. I feel that the serial murderer was doing something to get these women close to his car and he didn't fear being seen in the daylight. Was he asking for directions?

- The victims disappeared during normal daylight hours.
    - The women disappeared from a street near their homes.
    - The victims were walking or riding a bicycle, alone, but in public view.
    - There were no crime scenes. Even the two bicycles disappeared.
    - The women disappeared between 1974 and 1979, except Kristen David who disappeared in 1981.
    - The remains of the victims have never been found, except Kristen's remains. She was dismembered and thrown into the Snake River, in multiple garbage bags.
    - The women disappeared in clusters, within a 225 mile radius of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, along the I-90 corridor.
    - I do think there are probably more women who were found deceased or who are unrecovered UIDs.
    - I haven't found any possible Oregon victims, even though the van reportedly had Oregon plates. Did this brown haired man travel during the day for his business? Did he have a sales region? Did he hunt out of State?

[​IMG]
    Laurie Partridge was 17 when she vanished in South Spokane, Washington. She was last seen on her way home from school near the intersection of 37th and Havana Street, on December 4, 1974.

[​IMG]
    Robyn Ann Pettitnato was last seen walking towards the Whitefish, Montana softball field, on July 5, 1975. She was 14.

[​IMG]
    Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick was 16 when she vanished without a trace on April 21, 1976, in Columbia Falls, Montana. She was walking home from a babysitting job in the neighborhood, but never arrived at her house.

[​IMG]
    Gayla Schaper was 28 when her husband dropped her off at a pasture near the family's dairy farm on Lenville Road, southeast of Moscow, Idaho on June 29, 1979.

[​IMG]
    Christina White was 12 when she was last seen in Asotin, Washington on April 28, 1979.

[​IMG]
    Kristen David was 22 when she last seen on Friday, June 26, 1981, riding her bicycle from Moscow to her summer job at the Twin City Food Plant in nearby Lewiston, Idaho. On July 4, 1981, Kristen's remains were found in the river.

Scorpio, Kimster, spike and 2 others like this.
  16. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22313787

Birth: Dec. 23, 1958
    Pierre
    Hughes County
    South Dakota, USA
    Death: Jul. 4, 1981, USA
    [​IMG]
    Kristin was the daughter of John W. and Sally J. David.

She was a senior at the University of Idaho when she disappeared riding a blue 10-speed bicycle between Moscow and Lewiston, Idaho on June 26th 1981.
    Her dismembered remains were discovered in the Snake River below Clarkston, Washington on July 4th 1981.

Her murder remains unresolved

http://missing87975.yuku.com/forums/73/t/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Serial-Killer.html

Burial:
    Normal Hill Cemetery
    Lewiston
    Nez Perce County
    Idaho, USA
    Plot: Division: Maus Row: 02 Lot: 007 Grave: 02

Scorpio, spike and RedRose like this.
  17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I am not big on the idea of a coincidence, so I think there may be some kind of a pattern, here. The six women I have identified all disappeared on a Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday.

Wednesday
    12/4/74 - Spokane, Washington
    4/21/76 - Columbia Falls, Montana

Friday
    6/29/79 - Moscow, Idaho
    6/26/81 - Lewiston, Idaho

Saturday
    7/5/75 - Whitefish, Montana
    4/28/79 - Asotin, Washington

Scorpio, spike, RedRose and 1 other person like this.
  18. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Was there a serial killer who had a business with a regular service or delivery schedule?

spike, RedRose and MULDER like this.
  19. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

A 1973 UPS brown van would not have attracted any unusual attention during daylight hours.

upload_2017-5-20_21-48-55.jpeg

1970: United Parcel Service.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member