1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information

CALIFORNIA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for John Weir, 2, who was abducted from Merced on September 20.
    He is believed to be in the company of his "armed and dangerous" father, Steven Weir, 32.
    They may be traveling in a red 2005 Hyundai Elantra with California plates 5SKT544.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TN LAURIE SIBRELL: Missing from Williamson Co., TN - 5 Nov 1978 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by Sunburst, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Yet another missing young woman/teenager with strawberry-blond hair.....Laurie Sibrell
    from NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28556/3/

Laurie is listed as being quite tall - between 69-73 inches. Strawberry blond-hair, blue eyes.
    No photos that I could find. No FP, no dentals, but DNA is in the system.

Laurie "was last seen leaving CY Market at 1600 hrs on 11/5/78, walking on Hillsboro Road. " according to NAMUS.

"1600 hours " would be 4:00 pm, according to my "raised as a military kid" husband.

I could not find Laurie on Doenetwork-I will submit her.

Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

She was just entered this last summer. No pictures yet. I'll add her to my watched list so if they load any images, we'll know right away.

On second thought, I won't be doing that as I'm only registered on the UID side. :doh:

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I added Laurie to my case tracking on the MP side.

I discovered some "interesting" things today regarding MPs with strawberry -blonde hair. Between 1-1-1973 and 12-31-1978, there were 57 females with strawberry-blonde hair that went missing. The majority of those 57 seemed to fall into 3 groups according to where they went missing: Northern CA, a second group from OH/PA, and a third group from FL, 3 missing from the Ft. Lauderdale area alone.

From 1/1/1967 to 12/31/1972- there were 18 missing females with strawberry-blonde hair. They also seemed to fall into groups: PA/NJ, northern CA/WA, and FL again.

I will look at 1978 forward tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  4. Kimster

Okay now that's just WEIRD! Being a strawberry blonde myself I can tell you that's a HUGE amount. Only 3% of the world's population have red hair.

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

It gets worse, a lot. Between Jan 1, 1979 and Dec. 31, 1984, there are 157 cases of missing people who have strawberry-blonde hair. Of the 157 MPs, 103 of them are female. WTF!!!???!!! I am looking at Namus in 5 year chunks. Once again, lots of strawberry-blonde MPs from Northern CA, plus several from southern CA; PA (again); FL (again)

I haven't even started on the red/auburn MPs yet.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

There are between 20-25 strawberry blonde females per year listed as MPs. The exception is the year 1980. In 1980, NAMUS lists 7 females with strawberry -blonde hair as MPs. I haven't looked at the MP males yet. From 1990-1995, there are 114 MPs with strawberry blonde hair. Once again FL, PA and northern CA have a lot.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
    Sunburst, spike, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3538dftn.html

Name:
    Lori Lynn Sibrell
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: November 05, 1978
    Location Last Seen: Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee

Physical Description
    Date of Birth: June 23, 1963
    Race: White
    Height: 5'8"-5'10"
    Weight: 130-150 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
    Dentals: Not Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: blue jeans, blue shirt, and brown shoes
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Brown purse, house keys

spike, Akoya and Paradise like this.
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://peoplelookingforpeople.com/read.php?3,2739

LORI/LAURIE SIBREL - FRANKLIN TN - 1978
    Posted by: motorrunner ()
    Date: July 07, 2017 09:19AM

Looking for information about Lori Sibrel, went missing in Franklin, TN. in 1978. Walking from the CY Market on Hillsboro Rd. Only one photo and no other information available in Lori's case. Please if you know anything, have any photos, OR if you know someone that grew up in the Franklin area please feel free to post and help spread word. Someone is missing this girl and we'd like to bring her home.

spike, Akoya and Paradise like this.
  10. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Lori was just added to the Doe Network today. There is very little information online about her.

In the Facebook link above someone suggested Lori could be a match for El Dorado Jane Doe
    lori.png

I think this looks promising. Jane Doe was 20-30 when she was killed in 1991. Lori would have been 28. Also Jane doe was extremely tall, 5'10 to 5'11

Lori was 5'10 when she disappeared.

spike, Sunburst, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  12. Kimster

I think it looks a lot like her! Did they say they submitted her?

spike and Akoya like this.
  13. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Yes. They did submit her, hopefully they are working on it.

spike, Sunburst, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sailor Haumea

Sailor Haumea Active Member

It gets worse....

From 1978 to 1992, many, many women, mostly unidentified, and most with red hair, were found dead along freeways around the general area of Knoxville, Tennessee.

It seems a trucker had a thing for redheads...

spike, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

14 years. Dear God.

spike, Akoya and Sunburst like this.
  16. Kimster

Are you talking about the Redhead Murders? I read up on that case years back. CREEPY stuff!

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Redhead_murders

spike, Sunburst and Paradise like this.
  17. Sailor Haumea

Sailor Haumea Active Member

Mel70, spike, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  18. Tyler Notts

Tyler Notts New Member

Someone beat me to it. Lori=El-Dorado Jane Doe?

19. Tyler Notts

Tyler Notts New Member

I have not authenticated pictures of El-Dorado Jane DC ones daughter. Julie Bunn whom I don't know sent them to me. She is on Facebook

20. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

:welcome:

spike and Sunburst like this.