1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TN LAURIE SIBRELL: Missing from Williamson Co., TN - 5 Nov 1978 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by Sunburst, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    MISSING
    Missing Person / NamUs #MP28556Laurie L Sibrell, Female, White / Caucasian
    Date of Last ContactNovember 5, 1978
    Missing FromFranklin, Tennessee

Case Information

Case Numbers
    NCMEC Number1253623
    Demographics
    Missing Age15 Years
    Current Age55 Years
    First NameLaurie
    Middle NameL
    Last NameSibrell
    Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
    Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
    Height5' 9" - 6' 1" (69 - 73 Inches)
    Weight130 - 180 lbs
    Circumstances
    Date of Last ContactNovember 5, 1978
    NamUs Case CreatedMay 6, 2015
    Last Known Location Map
    LocationFranklin, Tennessee 37064
    CountyWilliamson County
    Circumstances of DisappearanceSubject was last seen leaving CY Market at 1600 hrs on 11/5/78, walking on Hillsboro Road.
    Physical Description
    Hair ColorBlond/Strawberry
    Head Hair Description--
    Body Hair Description--
    Facial Hair Description--
    Left Eye ColorBlue
    Right Eye ColorBlue
    Eye Description--
    Distinctive Physical Features
    No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
    No Information Entered
    Additional Case Info

Transportation

2. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

3. Mysteries1974

Wooops:D this is the sixth time I’ve entered a duplicate thread:p

Paradise likes this.
  4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

So grateful for what you are doing.

5. Mysteries1974

Thank you

Paradise likes this.
  6. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It's really alarming the number of Truck Drivers" who were operating as "Serial killers". Or at least in "Sex Crimes". Don't get me wrong! I love "Truckers". But it is the freedom used to perpetrate Evil of some. And the "Mobility" afforded to them to get away with it so long. That until after hearing it. I never thought about it. There is high number that have been caught. But it's the ones NEVER CAUGHT that is so unnerving.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    spike, Sunburst and Paradise like this.
  7. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

As a redhead, this terrifies me. I saw the El Dorado Jane Doe was also being looked at as a possible match to another girl, but when I look at these photo comparisons... I really see it even though the first photo is a bit dark. The shape of the Jaw/chin is spot on... I hope that they can determine soon. Does anyone know if she was ruled out yet?

Edit:

Just found this..

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/el-dorado-jane-doe_n_5c48cc72e4b025aa26bf852d

KareBear, Sunburst and Paradise like this.
  8. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

That was from January so I hope they are making some in roads

Mel70, Sunburst and spike like this.
  9. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

SAME! I know that there are a lot of people that they are trying to compare EDJD to, but this one seems likely to be our girl just based on her height and features at the time she vanished. I've yet to really see someone as tall as her who went missing at this time that resembles her so much.

However, as we know, that doesn't always mean anything lol it's still possible that this woman was someone who was never ever reported missing. Which, in the back of my mind as I look through pages of missing people to try to match them up myself, I realize that there are a lot of people who go missing and never get reported, who are murdered and dumped and never reported and have no dentals etc on file to match a pile of bones to.

The thought that Laurie is still among the living seems unlikely at this point, sadly. It would be nice to at least be able to give some sort of closure to whatever family she has left. If EDJD is her, I hope that they can match that up soon. If it isn't her... then hopefully EDJD gets her name back soon, and I hope they can find out what happened to Laurie Sibrell.

Paradise likes this.
  10. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

That is what is so hard about these cases. Knowing these families are going through not having definitive answers. Praying for them

Mel70 and spike like this.
  11. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

I think for the rest of us, it's even harder to think that the families didn't care that the person disappeared. I feel a lot of cases from the 60's-early 80's where we have found out who the person is... it's almost always the same story. They didn't know that anything had happened, they just simply thought that their family member left, and chose not to keep in touch. Or they never thought anything of it. No one ever reported them missing. They just made public the washoe county jane doe identity, and she was never reported missing. They were able to confirm her identity last year, but then also worked on identifying her killer before releasing her info.. Her immediate family is all dead, and the only photo of this poor woman they had was an unclear photo from a yearbook. Her name was Mary. They reached out to the school, and there wasn't even a sr. picture. It's heartbreaking how many of these unidentified that we try to match with missing people, are likely never reported missing.

In case you want to read up on this, and haven't... they made a Wikipedia page it looks like about her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Mary_Silvani

Mel70, Paradise and Kimster like this.
  12. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:( It's really sad! And it reminds me of all I have to be thankful for. :grouphug:

Heathebee, Mel70 and Paradise like this.
  13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Thanks for the link

Heathebee and Mel70 like this.
  14. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Her Family didn't seem to care. Only Girl. Had both Parents and 2 Brothers. Only 1 Picture of her in 1966. So sad.

Paradise likes this.
  15. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

Sounded like her father died when she was 16, so perhaps just her mother.

From what I read earlier in an article somewhere talking about GEDmatch and how they've been using it... Her mother died a year after she had been killed, and her brother that followed her to Cali, jumped off a building and committed suicide? I think I read that her other brother died later, and they were able to match her and confirm it through a cousin and nephew who are still alive. Seemed like the information about the family that was put out there... indicated that perhaps they were a bit of a mess and almost estranged from each other.

It's definitely sad. The BEST part is that the killer, was an apparent Serial killer. It isn't clear if they knew each other... it was likely opportunistic but his own children easily volunteered their DNA to determine if their father was also responsible for her death and they found that he certainly was the killer.

Paradise likes this.
  16. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

SAME here. My family might be imperfect, but they're my imperfect people. And regardless, we all at least PRETEND to love each other. Mostly we care about each other in some way, and Thankfully, I also have a small friend base that is pretty loving.

I at least feel that if anything ever happened to me, that I would be reported missing fairly immediately and hopefully, wouldn't have a chance of being unidentified somewhere. These cases are reminders of how lucky we are to have that and how so many people don't even have that small bit of reassurance. These people have no one, except us.

KareBear and Paradise like this.