1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LAYNEE WALLACE: The State of Kentucky vs. Anthony Barbour for murdering 2 yo girl *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 20, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kentucky State Police Post 15 spokesman Billy Gregory said Anthony Barbour, 25, was found today at 1:16 p.m.

He was caught during a traffic stop in Monroe County at Temple Hill Fire Department, Gregory said. He was a passenger in the car. The missing toddler, Laynee Wallace, was not found.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/bar...cle_20cd9d5e-0313-11e5-89fe-8f06b399f7f3.html

I don't feel good about this, at all. :(

2. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Oops, also thank you fran! I am in a total flap.

3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

A lot of people want to know why an Amber Alert wasn't sent out when Laynee was reported missing (three days after she went missing...). Not many details in the news, there seems to be a weird silence on the mother and details of the arrest. Police are discouraging the public from searching for Laynee, even now Barbour's been apprehended.

Something's very screwy here, is how I feel right now. Where's her mother been, this whole TWO WEEKS, barely a peep out of her. How is her two year old child missing for THREE DAYS and she doesn't report it?

Local news channel is good to watch for updates:

https://www.facebook.com/wbkotv?fref=photo

Denver, Cousin Dupree, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Oh no......

The Barren County Coroner has just left the scene in the search for 2 year old Laynee Wallace. A KSP cruiser carrying Anthony Barbour was following close behind.

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/wbkotv/posts/10153790259209918

Is Barbour taking police to Laynee's body? :(

Why else would they need a coroner?

Denver, Cousin Dupree, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  5. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

MadgeS, Cousin Dupree, Yoda and 2 others like this.
  7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

So many questions.

Was Laynee dead -before- he took her?
    Why stash her body so close to home?
    Why run for two weeks, only to stay in the general area?

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking the late report, the 2 weeks of hiding, all of it's to somehow avoid something being known or discovered about her death, aside from her death itself I mean.

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Post back up from Monroe County Press -
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monroe-County-Press/555114354511871?fref=ts

There was a technical error with the original post. Officials have confirmed that the body of a two year-old toddler, that appears to be Laynee, has been recovered near her home on Temple Hill Road. The body was taken to the coroner's office in Louisville for positive identification.

9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Well, it's official then.

Poor baby girl.

"Near her home". My bet is, she was killed by someone at home, or has ingested somebody's drug stash. And this POS was hoping to hide her until the proof disappeared.

I cannot think of why else it's all so close to home.

10. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Wow! The worst ending.

why?

fran

11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

UPDATE: Body Found in Missing Child Case

BREAKING: KSP has confirmed that the body of Laynee Wallace has been found in a well in Barren County.

The body is being taken to Louisville for an autopsy to ensure that it's Laynee.

The place Laynee Wallace was found was only a few miles from where she was living with her mother and Anthony Barbour.

Police say the property where the 2 year old was found belongs to the Barbour family.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/...ing-Monroe-County-Two-Year-Old-304499851.html

BBM

Interesting now, some of the comments on the topix threads from a few days ago. People KNEW about this, before the cops did, and talked about it on FB.

Sickening.

Denver, ~Lyric~, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  12. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Why? :vigil:

WHY???

Denver, ~Lyric~, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  13. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

It's always better to be alone than with "anyone". JMO

14. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

It doesn't matter how long I follow missing person cases, finding out a missing child is deceased gives me the same heartbreaking feeling. :( :( Laynee deserved to live a long life.
    She was found on Barbour family property. Near the home, in a field, where?
    Impatiently waiting for the COD and approximate day she died.

fran, Denver, ~Lyric~ and 3 others like this.
  15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Absolutely.

16. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

He'd stuffed her down a well, apparently.

And I am VERY curious about her time of death, and cause of death.

Also, whether Barbour was hiding out on that property the whole time, and whether anyone else knew he was there. Because HOW ELSE did so many people in the family know she was dead, days before he took the coroner out there?

I have a feeling I'm not going to like the answers.

17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Just a 'feeling' for the moment, but I don't think this was a case of just 'anyone' acting alone.

GarAndMo49, ~Lyric~ and Cousin Dupree like this.
  18. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I couldn't help but think of little Noah Thomas when I read that little Laynee had been found.
    Lily thanks to your topix link above. When I started reading there yesterday, I thought uh huh. Locals seem to always know whats up.

Rest In Peace little Laynee~

I sure hope her little twin is safe somewhere away from even MOM until LE gets all the facts straight.

Lily, MadgeS, fran and 2 others like this.
  19. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Lily, MadgeS, fran and 3 others like this.
  20. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Trooper B.J. Eaton, spokesman for KSP Post 3 in Bowling Green, confirmed this morning the discovery of Laynee's body in the well. He provided no other information about the property or about the location of Laynee's body, except that it was in an area that wasn't easily seen by police.

The Daily Times confirmed, however, that Barbour spent at least some time following his arrest at T.J. Samson Community Hospital in Glasgow – Bart Logsdon, a spokesman for T.J. Samson, said this morning that Barbour had been treated and released from the hospital.

http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/ne...cle_5c1393ae-030f-11e5-9869-93329e7edb1b.html

Lily, MadgeS, fran and 1 other person like this.