1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

LAYNEE WALLACE: The State of Kentucky vs. Anthony Barbour for murdering 2 yo girl *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 20, 2015.

  1. Lily

    Lily Bronze Member

  2. ~Lyric~

    ~Lyric~ Bronze Member

    Lily, NOCLUE and Cousin Dupree like this.
  3. ~Lyric~

    ~Lyric~ Bronze Member

    [​IMG]Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 8m8 minutes ago
    Anthony Barbour is now standing before the judge. He has been indicted on the charges he faced Friday.


    [​IMG]Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 6m6 minutes ago
    Barbour has pleaded not guilty to the charges. The judge has set his bond at $1,000,000 cash. Next court hearing will be on July 6.

    [​IMG]Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 5m5 minutes ago
    The charges Barbour has been indicted on are Kidnapping an Adult, Burglary, and Resisting Arrest.

    [​IMG]Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 2m2 minutes ago
    The July 6 court date set for Anthony Barbour will be a pre-trial conference. He will no longer appear in court on June 8.
    Lily, NOCLUE and Cousin Dupree like this.
  4. ~Lyric~

    ~Lyric~ Bronze Member

    We are getting closer to charges in the death of little Laynee:

    [​IMG]Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 12m12 minutes ago
    A press release just sent out from the Barren County Commonwealth Attorney's Office says more charges against Anthony Barbour are coming.

    the release says the Commonwealth Attorney plans to present charges to a grand jury against Barbour relating to the death of Laynee Wallace.

    Charges will also relate to "Mr. Barbour's conduct after her death". The grand jury is scheduled to meet again at the end of June.

    Sources close to the situation say police are actively searching the property near where Laynee Wallace's body was found on Memorial Day.

    The property that's being searched is owned by Anthony Barbour's family. Laynee Wallace's body was found in a well nearby last week.
    flamingolady, SoSueMe, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Anthony Barbour Pleads Not Guilty To Murder Charge

    Monday morning Anthony Barbour appeared in Barren Circuit Court much like he did four weeks before. This time he faced new charges. He's charged with Murder, Tampering With Physical Evidence, and Abuse Of A Corpse.

    Similar to the first time he appeared before Barren Circuit Judge Phil Patton, Barbour pleaded not guilty to all charges.

    Barbour is now facing six total charges in the case. The next time he'll be in court will be August 3 for a pre-trial hearing.

  6. Lily

    Lily Bronze Member

    Thank you so much for the update on this case, SheWho.

    Apparently police have not released her cause of death, but I dare say that will emerge in the trial.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Alleged murderer of 2-year-old girl appears in court for pretrial conference

    Another pretrial conference has been scheduled for two separate cases in which Anthony Dale Barbour is charged.

    Barren Circuit Court Judge Phillip Patton said to Commonwealth’s Attorney John Gardner and defense attorney Ken Garrett that he assumed no plea agreement had been reached as of Monday, and the attorneys confirmed that was the case.

    Because there was so much information provided, Garrett was asking for 45 days before the next pretrial conference.

    Kimster, Lily and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Trial Date set in Laynee Wallace murder case

    For the first time in a couple months Anthony Barbour appeared in Barren Circuit Court on Monday for a pre-trial hearing.

    One question continued to be on everyone's mind on the Glasgow Square: When will the autopsy of Laynee Wallace be released to the public?

    We spoke to both the prosecution and the defense in the case on Monday, and they said much of the same thing. It's unlikely anyone outside of the case will know how the two year old died until trial.

    Barbour is scheduled to be in court on March 21, 2016 for a final pre-trial hearing before the April 19 trial begins. The defense has received more than 200 pages of evidence, but said on Monday that it was still waiting on some test results.

    Lily, charlie and Cousin Dupree like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Defense asking for more DNA evidence in Laynee Wallace murder case

    More than a year after her death, details are still scarce in the murder of Laynee Wallace.

    Monday in court, the man accused of killing the 2-year-old and placing her body inside a well in Barren County, asked for the rest of the evidence in the case.

    "Here we are 13 months after Mr. Barbour was arrested and five months before trial, and we're still begging the Kentucky State Police to produce the evidence it has against Mr. Barbour," said attorney Ken Garrett.

    In a motion filed Monday afternoon, Anthony Barbour's attorney asked for specific things to be turned over to the defense like missing fingerprints and lab reports.

    The case was originally scheduled for a jury trial in April, but was pushed back to December 6 due to a heavy amount of DNA testing.

    spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Anthony Barbour admits to hiding body in murder case

    For the first time, since the death of 2-year-old Laynee Wallace in Barren County in May 2015, the man accused of killing her admits to hiding her body.

    Tuesday afternoon Anthony Barbour's attorney focused on DNA evidence in the case. Specifically, hair found on a shirt.

    He believes that hair will implicate someone else being involved in the death of Laynee. He says his client wasn't involved in any type of murder, just lowering a body into a well.

    spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    State police crime lab loses evidence in Laynee Wallace murder investigation

    In early April of this year, an infant-size blue T-shirt linked to a murder investigation was sent to the Kentucky State Police Central Lab in Frankfort for forensic analysis, about seven months after the murder suspect's father retrieved it from under some brush and the suspect's attorney brought it to KSP Post 3 in Bowling Green.

    Less than a month after being sent for analysis, the T-shirt went missing and is not likely to be recovered.

    Adkins testified that the T-shirt was transferred to her on April 8 and that testing was conducted on it for the presence of bodily fluids, hair and other DNA evidence.

    Examination found no signs of blood, saliva or semen on the shirt, though police recovered hairs from the shirt for analysis.

    At some point, the shirt was put in a small box with other items of evidence and placed in a hallway outside the office area where Adkins works, and she realized the box had gone missing on May 4.

    Adkins said she learned that the box had been picked up by a maintenance worker at the lab and discarded, leading to a frantic effort to recover the evidence that eventually involved requesting the landfill where the evidence may have been taken to cease dumping in the sector of the landfill where the evidence was believed to have been housed.

    A search through the garbage failed to produce the lost T-shirt.

    Lily, spike, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cousin Dupree

    Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

    Oh dear God.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member


    Commonwealth’s Attorney John Gardner wants the jury to enter the well in which Laynee’s body was found. Barbour’s attorney Ken Garrett has not objected to the request, as of yet. Garrett wanted to visit the site with Barbour before deciding whether or not to object. Barbour’s trial is set to begin December 6th.

    Lily, spike, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member


    Barbour’s trial is set to begin Tuesday before the Honorable Judge John Alexander in Barren Circuit Court. Jury selection will be the first order of business and over 150 people will be narrowed down to the twelve who will decide the case. According to court documents, the jury will visit the well where Laynee’s body was found.

    The exact length of the trial is unclear, however court days are scheduled through December 16th.

    spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Defense attorney tries to lay blame on mother of dead child, Laynee Wallace

    Laynee Wallace's mother was the first witness to testify Wednesday in the murder trial of Anthony Barbour, and her testimony attempted to fend off efforts by Barbour's attorney to present an alternate theory that placed responsibility for Laynee's death on her mother.

    Wallace said that Barbour was affectionate with her two twin daughters, who grew to think of him as "daddy," and she had no reason to feel the children were unsafe around him.

    Wallace testified that Laynee was not in the house with her when she woke up on May 17, 2015, so she asked Barbour about Laynee.

    "He told me he had gotten up and was going to his sister's and he took (Laynee) over there to play with her kids," Wallace said.

    When Wallace would ask Barbour later that day about her daughter, she testified that Barbour would go outside, ostensibly to call his sister for updates.

    "Anthony would go outside and then he would give me very specific details about what (Laynee) was doing and who she was with," Wallace said.

    Barbour's sister said Laynee "had not been there and she had never seen her," Wallace said. "I was very concerned."

    Jurors were shown a picture of a message Barbour had written on a dry erase board in the kitchen of their house in which he stated that there had been an accident and Laynee "had gone to heaven." Wallace said she was informed of the message on May 21, 2015, while she was staying with her parents.

    At one point during the cross-examination, Garrett asked a series of questions that attempted to pose an alternate theory that Laynee was with her mother, sister and Barbour on May 18, 2015, and that she had acted up to the point that Kelsey Wallace pulled her through a field by the hair and struck her multiple times.

    The line of questioning continued, with Garrett presenting a scenario that had Kelsey Wallace and Barbour working together to dispose of Laynee's body in the well on Barbour's family farm and have Barbour "take the fall" for her actions.

    "I did not hurt my child," Wallace responded to several consecutive questions from Garrett.

    spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

    Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

    spike likes this.
  18. spike

    spike Bronze Member

    Cousin Dupree likes this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    BARBOUR TRIAL Medical examiner: Laynee Wallace's cause of death undetermined

    The man who performed the autopsy on 2-year-old Laynee Mae Wallace's body on May 26, 2015, testified Tuesday that his conclusion was that the manner of death was homicide, but “the underlying cause could not be determined.”

    “There were no anatomic, metabolic or toxicologic findings that would explain it,” said Randall Falls, a medical examiner with the State Medical Examiner's Office, from the witness stand during the fifth day of a trial for Anthony Barbour, who is charged with murder, tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse in connection with Laynee's death. Falls said from the witness stand Barbour was in a relationship with her mother, Kelsey Wallace, and the pair had been living together approximately six months when the death occurred.

    Elaborating on the “anatomic” portion of his statement, Falls added, “… There was no physical finding that would explain death.”

    Cousin Dupree likes this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

    SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

    Anthony Barbour found guilty of reckless homicide

    9 months after Laynee Wallace was found dead at the bottom of a well, the man who admitted to putting her there has been found guilty of killing her.

    After seven days of trial, and four hours of deliberation, a jury found Anthony Barbour guilty of reckless homicide, tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse on Thursday night.

    Barbour was facing life in prison on a murder charge.

    After being found guilty of the Class D felony he only faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

    Cousin Dupree likes this.

Share This Page