1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MN LEEANNA WARNER: Missing from Chisholm, MN - 14 June 2003 - Age 5

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by Akoya, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

upload_2018-4-10_10-24-54.png

[​IMG]

spike and Scorpio like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/sta...cle_86a08cd7-2c11-5e56-baac-62872521ca8b.html

Missing girl's parents say she behaved oddly before disappearance
    • The Associated Press
    • Oct 11, 2006

CHISHOLM - The parents of Leanna Warner say their daughter was behaving strangely in the weeks leading up to her disappearance in 2003.

Leanna Warner's parents, Chris and Kaelin Warner, told the syndicated TV show "Maury," hosted by Maury Povich, that their daughter appeared one day with a case filled with Barbie dolls and their clothes, but would only say she'd gotten them from "a little old lady."

Their daughter, nicknamed "Beaner," also packed a suitcase a week before she vanished, saying she wanted to go live at her "new family's house," the mother said, according to excerpts released by the show, which was scheduled to air Wednesday.

And they say that two weeks before she disappeared, they found Leanna sleeping in the closet.

"She said there were monsters outside her window," Chris Warner told the Duluth News Tribune. "I actually went out and looked, because you never know if there's a footprint out there. The second time, I said: 'They won't get you.' That was a real eye-opener. Our flags kind of went up at that time."

Leanna was 5 years old when she was last seen June 14, 2003, after walking over to a friend's house to play.

Police said the information was not new to them. Investigators looked into Leanna's behavior, but it didn't lead anywhere, Chisholm Police Chief Scott Erickson said.

Erickson said the parents had mentioned the Barbie dolls and suitcase, but there was nothing to indicate that an adult had used the toys to befriend or lure the child.

The Barbie dolls were considered such a minor lead that St. Louis County Sheriff Ross Litman said he doesn't even remember it. "It doesn't ring a bell with me," he said. "I don't think that's a lead of significant importance, because if it was, I would've heard about it."

Still, Erickson said, featuring the case on national TV probably can't hurt.

"Hopefully, she's alive and well somewhere. That's the best-case scenario. We've seen it before," Erickson said. "Keeping it alive in the public is important. It could inspire somebody to give us a call and turn this thing around."

On the Net: http://www.findbeaner.org

IcedTea and Scorpio like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

spike and Scorpio like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Really? She got them from SOMEONE. Shouldn't everyone who had contact with Beaner in the weeks leading up to her disappearance be looked at? Not just shrug it off and say, "hmmmm, it was probably nothing."

Someone was talking to this girl.

Did she see a shadow of someone looking into her window? Or just a shadow of nothing? Most 5-year-olds are afraid of monsters to some degree.

IcedTea, Mel70, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Shewho, I completely agree with you. Someone was grooming this little girl. The investigation should have included these incidents.

6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

There are so many possibilities with Leeanna's disappearance. She could still be alive. She may have been taken by a pedophile and still be with this person. She may have been trafficked by pedophiles. Or, she may have been assaulted and then murdered.

Scorpio and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I am in Minnesota also. I remember when this first happened. The one thing that has always bothered me is the Mother telling Her "You've got 5 Minutes" to go a Block Block and 1/2, Talk to Her friend and Walk back. 5 MINUTES?! SEEMS FUNNY TO ME.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

she might have been pleading with her mother or something? But if she only could go for 5 minutes, why not go with her? But then again, I don't want to say that too loudly because I'm sure her mother has been kicking herself ever since for that decision. :(

IcedTea and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  9. IcedTea

IcedTea Well-Known Member

marking to read this thread when i sit down.
    been reading up on her case lately.

Mel70 and Kimster like this.
  10. IcedTea

was the lake pumped or not?
    two articles above, one says they pumped it enough for a helicopter to see the bottom and the other says the lake froze over so they stopped works and never tried again.

11. IcedTea

i think the chief stating 'featuring the case on national TV probably can't hurt' is an odd thing to say. it def. cannot hurt. he doesn't sound committed.
    & the barbie thing and LeeAnna mentioning her new family seems like a huge deal to me.