1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW LEONIE ASTRA HUTCHINSON: Missing from Hunter Valley, NSW - Jan 2001 - Age 16 months *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Mar 16, 2016.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Mother charged with murder of toddler who went missing from Hunter Valley in 2001

Updated 11 minutes ago Wed 16 Mar 2016

A mother has been charged with the murder of her daughter, who went missing from their NSW Hunter Valley family home 15 years ago.

Leonie Astra Hutchinson was 16 months old when she was last seen in Scone in 2001 but not officially reported missing until January 2004.

Detective Chief Inspector Tim Seymour said police had no doubt the toddler was dead and they had conducted searches for her remains in several places.

The child's mother, Kate Hutchinson, 43, was arrested at her home in Evans Head on the state's far north coast on Wednesday morning and has been charged with murder.

A coronial inquest into the matter in 2013 heard Hutchinson was involved in witchcraft and police subsequently searched the family home at Scone.

Investigators believe the child was last seen alive at the property sometime around January 2001.

[​IMG]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-...toddler-who-went-missing-15-years-ago/7252154

DaisyChains, MissyMoo and spike like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

"The arrest was the culmination of the investigative process from the evidence that we've gathered from members of the public and other means, an inquest was held and that's what lead us to this point," he said.

"It has showcased the dedication and resilience of investigators and the police attached to Strike Force Kununa have shown great dedication bring this to the arrest phase.

"We're still searching for the remains of the toddler and I would appeal to anybody at this point who has any information to contact Crimestoppers."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-...toddler-who-went-missing-15-years-ago/7252154

Anyone with information in relation to the disappearance of Cayleb is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report to www.crimestoppersvic.vic.gov.au

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/leonie-astra-hutchinson-missing-from-hunter-valley-nsw-jan-2001-age-16mths.1322/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Also from that above report....

"It's part of what we do, it's our business, not to let go and to continue to investigate these matters."

I LOVE how they never let go!!!

4. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

I do too Marly! How sad, and what a cutie she is! I just don't understand how anyone can hurt a baby, its just unbelievable.

KareBear, Mel70, DaisyChains and 3 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

I'm with you, Imamazed. They are sacred.

6. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

7. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Yeah this case does have shades of Tegan Lane Missy!

There's just so many "Tegans" though....just horrific!!

Those types of "mothers" obviously don't want kids so why on earth don't they either quit having them or give them up for adoption at birth!!

8. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Mel70, DaisyChains, Imamazed and 2 others like this.
  9. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

wow.... i can't believe anyone could harm a hair on this beautiful little child. My heart breaks for her. What a little angel. Her mother was involved in witchcraft? I knew one or two women in the deep south who were into that stuff and my goodness it was not pretty. You wouldn't believe the lengths some people go to in order to have their "will be done". It's so stupid and disgusting and horrific and i could go on but i won't. WHERE IS THIS SWEET CHILD WHO IS BELOVED BY SO MANY WHO NEVER EVEN KNEW HER?!

10. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Canucklady, Paradise and spike like this.
  11. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Dobrev likes this.
  12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

This Story, I am just reading about it. What a "World of Hell" for ALL her Children. I don't even want to think HOW this little girl died. I hope they find Her body. And that would yield maybe more horrors! This is so HEARTBREAKING and SICKENING! And the Mother of the "Murderer" saw her once hold a "Baby's face under a Faucet so she couldn't breathe?! WHAT?!!! I am glad this Woman is "Locked up". She is really a THREAT, It's TERRIFYING!!!