1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

Liberty German, 13, and Abigail Williams, 14, Murdered While Hiking - Carroll Co, Indiana *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Feb 15, 2017.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

Are y'all confused by "...still working on all of the DNA we've gathered..."
    ???????????

What might that mean?
    Could the bridge animal have has trace DNA from other victims?
    And why, given all of our technology, would DNA evidence still not be identified and labled???

Toss in this POI...what are we missing??

2. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I really think they should do an age regression sketch on BG and release it publicly. Someone may recognize him from how he possibly looked 30 40 years ago. Just MOO.

3. spike

spike Bronze Member

He doesn't look that old to me...although he looks older in the pics than the sketch.
    IMO
    Something has got to give here.
    These families need something.

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This Trail is commonly used, but I don't know how much DNA they could collect? That has got to be a daunting task.

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Understood...but a year later...and FBI involved, correct?

Steve, NOCLUE, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

If we could match all DNA, we wouldn't need NamUS anymore. :sigh:

7. spike

spike Bronze Member

:therethere:

Steve, NOCLUE, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  8. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

If the composite is accurate, he looks late thirties early forties to me.

Steve, Paradise, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I was thinking he looked mid 40s- mid 50's, which would put him as a child/teen in the 1970s or 80s. IIRC Purdue would run summer camps for high school students back in the early 80's. Go to Purdue for a week-10 days, take a class geared to high school students, get a small taste of what college was like type of thing.

Steve, Paradise, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

What really caught my attention was a statement made in one of the press conferences sometime last summer. Indiana LE was asking for the public's help again and one of LE said something to the effect of " Please come forward even if you know the perpetrator of these crimes has already died.. "(BBM) To me it sounded like they had a very strong POI who was already deceased by late summer, but needed more evidence against that person, or a surviving relative to offer a DNA sample to conclusively link DNA found at the scene to the POI. It also sounded to me like that statement was a message to a very specific person or persons. MOO, IMHO only.

11. spike

spike Bronze Member

INTERESTING
    WOW

12. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

VERY interesting! :thinking:

13. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Well-Known Member

Families Of Slain Indiana Teens ‘Still Looking For A Killer’ One Year After Murder
    Grandma of victim says cops believe Abby & Libby’s slaughterer ‘will do it again.'
    By Radar Staff
    Posted on Feb 13, 2018 @ 20:00PM

Patty asked that people interested in helping the families of German and Williams to “Share share share. Share his picture. There are several places to find the wanted poster. Be vigilant and look, take a screenshot of the wanted poster. That’s what we ask of everybody please.”

German’s grandmother said she was not surprised that her granddaughter caught the killer on video.

“She was a very smart girl, she liked science, she watched those crime shows. She wanted to work with the FBI and she wanted to solve crimes. Or be a doctor and solve diseases. You know, that was Libby. Would it surprise me that she would manage to do something like that? No. I’m very proud of her.”

More at: https://radaronline.com/videos/indi...ndma-looking-for-killer-one-year-anniversary/

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

ISP: Daniel Nations "not someone we care a whole lot about at this time" in Delphi investigation

One year after Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams were first reported missing, investigators gathered at the Monon High Bridge to reaffirm their commitment to finding the girls' killer.

"We are not going away," said Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter.

Only one man has been named a person of interest in the case. Daniel Nations was arrested on unrelated charges in Colorado back in September 2017 and he was extradited back to Indiana on still-unrelated charges last month.

Although they have not officially cleared him as part of their investigation, Carter said Tuesday that Nations was not someone they are concerned with right now.

"As you all know we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him," said Carter. "He's not a person that we care a whole lot about at this moment in time."

During Tuesday's press conference, Carter said they are "confident" that anyone they have already interviewed as a potential suspect is not involved in the crime.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ot-about-at-this-time-in-delphi-investigation

15. Kimster

Back to the drawing board.

16. spike

spike Bronze Member

GOOD GRIEF.

Sunburst, NOCLUE, Steve and 4 others like this.
  17. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Well-Known Member

When LE say they don't "care a whole lot about [DN] at this moment in time," it sounds like they are still open to the possibility of DN's involvement in Libby and Abby's murder. Yet, they say they are "confident that anyone they have already interviewed as a potential suspect is not involved in the crime." That sounds contradictory. But, I notice Carter says they "spent a little bit of time" with DN, not that they interviewed him or even that he spoke to them. Maybe DN refused to speak with them, but they are confident he isn't being released from jail any time soon so they have more time to continue their investigation other ways.

I still think the DNA collected at the crime scene hasn't been analyzed yet because of the backlog at the crime lab. I'm glad LE are continuing to investigate other avenues in Abby and Libby's murder, but I want to remain hopeful that DN is their guy.

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

They'd be stupid, IMO, to not remain at least somewhat open to the possibility that he's their guy. BUT, it looks like they're pretty confident he is not. That second statement says the most to me. They are pretty confident he is not involved. Something could change, but for now they have nothing that points to him being involved. I think the "little bit of time" was sarcasm.

I really don't think DN is their guy. I hope I'm wrong and they have him and they can tie it to him. But I really don't think it is him.

It seems like they don't have a whole heck of a lot. Every statement they make sounds like they're just waiting for someone to call in and say, "Hey. It's this guy."

spike, Paradise, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kimster

When I read their statement my first thought was that his Alibi might have been checked out.

20. spike

spike Bronze Member

IKR??

Paradise, NOCLUE and Cousin Dupree like this.