1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Liberty German, 13, and Abigail Williams, 14, Murdered While Hiking - Carroll Co, Indiana *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Yes, at the link. Clear mug shot, but he has his head tilted very slightly downwards. I wonder if he was tilting his head deliberately. In your mind, raise his head slightly for a more accurate facial shot. My computer is not working again so i cant post links.

2. spike

spike Bronze Member

:therethere:

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

1 year since sketch of suspect, police stay tight-lipped on Delphi girls' murders

Tuesday marked one year since police released a sketch of the suspect in the murders of two teenage girls -- Abby Williams and Libby German -- in Carroll County.

Officers released the sketch months after they revealed a screenshot from a video that Libby took before she died and an audio clip of a voice saying "down the hill."

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said police do not plan to release the rest of the video.

"Because we are afraid if we release too much more of it, that it could actually tip the bad guy, so to speak, off," Riley said. "We want to keep that person, I guess, still shaking, still thinking. All we need is just that one good tip to come out."

Riley said a team of four to five local, state and federal officers are actively working the case.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/delphi-murders-1-year-since-sketch-of-suspect/1308129341

Sorry guys. It's been a year. I don't think he's "shaking" anymore.

patsella, NOCLUE, Jezzabel and 3 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

It’s been one year since investigators released a sketch of a man suspected of killing Abby Williams and Libby German. That sketch is still generating tips but has not led to an arrest.

Now, on the heels of a major break in another high-profile cold case, FOX59 asked Indiana State Police what they’re doing to solve the Delphi case.

“We are going to work this case until we solve it or until everything has been exhausted,” said ISP Sgt. Kim Riley.

But, the man who killed the Delphi teens is still out there.

“People do not like to keep secrets and sooner or later someone is going to say something, somewhere. We are hoping that the person who hears it they just do not write it off,” said Sgt. Riley.

While officers wait for that one last tip, investigators are using other tactics to track this man down, including DNA which is being analyzed by the Indiana State Police crime lab.

“That information is then put into a national database,” said Sgt. Riley.

This week, DNA testing took center stage after police made an arrest in the 30-year-old murder of April Tinsley. The 8-year-old Fort Wayne girl was kidnapped, raped, and murdered back in 1988. Police used what is called familial DNA testing, which analyzes DNA samples with public genealogy data. That information led police to John Miller, who confessed to the crime. FOX59 asked ISP if investigators are using that test in the Delphi case.

“It is something that we are using in cases. Are we using it in this specific case? I’m not going to say one way or another,” said Sgt. Riley.

But, Riley says familial DNA testing is available to the department and says investigators are working closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby.

“We are using information from that case to help solve any other cases that we have,” said Sgt. Riley.

It’s technology that gives Abby and Libby’s families hope.

“Whatever it takes. If it is familial DNA that is fine too,” said Abby’s mom, Anna Williams.

“That is another tool in their tool belt to help bring out the case to justice,” said Libby’s grandpa, Mike Patty.

https://fox59.com/2018/07/17/delphi...vestigators-who-cracked-fort-wayne-cold-case/

NOCLUE, Jezzabel, Sunburst and 3 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

They are still analyzing DNA?
    I don't understand. It has been so long.
    I realize there are new techniques but they make it sound as though the DNA is only now being tested.
    Something isn't right. imo

NOCLUE, Jezzabel, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm thinking the article was probably poorly written. I think it should say that they're analyzing familial DNA. It's worth was only made famous by the Golden State Serial killer.

NOCLUE, Jezzabel, Uno2Much and 4 others like this.
  7. TribeofTiger

TribeofTiger Well-Known Member

Only certain genetic databases will allow LE to upload their DNA data and search for matches. GSK was case that proved the technique works. Now LE around the country and the world are just now learning how to use it. Let's hope it keeps putting dangerous people behind bars!

NOCLUE, Jezzabel, patsella and 6 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

Fingers crossed!

NOCLUE, Jezzabel and Cousin Dupree like this.
  9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

You and me both Cuz. It's upsetting to know that piece of trash is still walking the streets.

NOCLUE, Jezzabel, Steve and 5 others like this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

http://www.news-sentinel.com/living/2018/08/02/indiana-trail-inducted-into-rail-trail-hall-of-fame/

Tangentially related to Abby and Libby's case. The Cardinal Greenway trail is in the east-central part of Indiana, close to the Ohio border.
    Hopefully LE has already looked into this trail as well.

''The Cardinal Greenway Trail runs nearly 62 miles from Richmond, near the Ohio border, to Marion, south of Fort Wayne, the news release said. ''
    ''The trail, which has stone mileage markers placed every half mile, takes users through shady woods and scenic farmland, over rivers, and into cities and small towns, the announcement said. It currently is the longest railway converted to a trail in Indiana.''

https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trail-promotion/rail-trail-hall-of-fame/#2018

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    NOCLUE, Jezzabel, Uno2Much and 5 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

18 months after Delphi murders, tips continue to be received

18 months after police discovered the murdered bodies of Abby Williams and Libby German, their killer still remains at large.

Our sister station WTHR reached out to state police Tuesday to see how their investigation is progressing.

They still consider it an active case.

According to police, at least one detective working on the case full-time and is receiving support from the FBI, Carroll County sheriff's department and Delphi police.

They've received more than 35,000 tips since the murders.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/18...s-tips-continue-to-be-received-490879281.html

patsella, NOCLUE, Jezzabel and 6 others like this.
  12. Jezzabel

Jezzabel Well-Known Member

Daniel Nations: I'm not what they made me out to be'

This article is on The Gazette @ https://gazette.com/news

Since the link is a mile long & posts the whole thing just do a search for it.

Absolutely the hardest link I've ever copied. It kept entering the whole article with quite a few videos.

About the article & videos themselves...that's impossible for me to comment on without starting a whole new thread.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  13. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

This has been bothering me for while, so I am throwing it here for discussion. Bear with me for a couple of minutes.

Much has been of the facial resemblances of Lyric and Elizabeth, Libby and Abby. Adding 2 other victims who were murdered together in 1978-Kerry Graham and Francine Trimble, who were known as the Mendocino Does. Kerry and Francine remind me of Libby and Abby. Do others see the resemblance as well?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Kerry_Graham_and_Francine_Trimble

LE has stated they don't believe the murders in Iowa and those in Delphi are connected. Of course they might be saying that to throw people (ie. suspect or suspects) off.
    Could Kerry/ Francine's killer/killer be Abby and Libby's as well? Granted, he or they may have started killing as a teen in the late 70s. I have never seen anything that says LE recovered perp DNA in Mendocino. LE looked and sounded very shaken during the Delphi press conferences. I am hoping Indiana L E has looked or will look at Kerry and Francine's case. Rodney Alcala and the Gallegos have been mentioned as suspects in Kerry and Francine's deaths, but no solid proof of any of them killing Kerry and Francine.

Steve, Uno2Much, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Here is a direct link to the article you're talking about - https://gazette.com/news/daniel-nat...cle_90e13f08-9c15-11e8-8eee-afc825d25419.html

In his first 24 hours of freedom following 10 months in jail for various crimes in Colorado and Indiana, the now infamous Daniel Nations found himself walking through the front doors of The Gazette — an unlikely destination considering he says media ruined his life by associating him with three killings for which he’s never been charged.

He’d come to clear his name.

“I’m not what they made me out to be,” Nations said, his voice catching as he lifted his eyes to the ceiling in an effort to stave off tears. He’s back in Colorado Springs on probation and to regain custody of his two youngest children.

MORE AT LINK

Steve, Uno2Much, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  15. Jezzabel

Thank you Shewho! Very much.

Even if each of the murders aren't related, I really feel baffled why the Delphi case hasn't been solved except for alibis for DN and possible lack of DNA on the girls or Tim Watkins from CO. smh

Steve, Uno2Much, Sunburst and 4 others like this.
  16. Jezzabel

Somedays I think it's because of his 6 mugshots online from different times in his life, all look different, way different in some. Like a chameleon. At least to me. That and a alibi of sorts. jmo

Steve, Uno2Much, Sunburst and 4 others like this.
  17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

That’s an interesting article. I had been leaning strongly towards the “the sketch could be him” camp because of the nose and because of the way his look seems to change so dramatically over time.

But now I wonder if he had his ears gauged in Feb of last year? That would definitely stand out to a witness who supposedly got a close look at Bridge Guy. And what KN points out is kinda true - while he does resemble the sketch, the Bridge Guy photo looks much less like him. If he’s innocent of this act, I hope he gets to clear his name because that would bring us closer to the real bad guy.

I just wish that the right guy will be caught, and soon. It’s disturbing that the person who did this is still out there, walking among us.

spike, Uno2Much, Sunburst and 3 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’

For the first week or so Kelsi German was at Ball State University, adjusting to life as a freshman on a Muncie campus with about seven times as many students as there were in her hometown, she did her best to keep her last name to herself.

Back home in Delphi, everyone had lived through the brutal news and constant reminders about how Libby German and Abby Williams, a pair of eighth-graders had been found murdered on Feb. 14, 2017, a day after they spent a school holiday on a popular hiking trail on the outskirts of town, about 20 miles northeast of Lafayette. Everyone in a town of 2,877 people seemed to have a connection, in some way.

Even then, German said, people she grew up around tended to be careful around her, not always sure what to say, even 19 months into the unsolved search for the killer of her sister and her friend. What, she wondered, would it be like to pile that into freshmen orientation at Ball State?

“I didn't want that to overpower how people thought of me or who wanted to be my friend because I was the sister of a murder victim,” German said. “Eventually, I opened up. I’m not sure I can keep quiet about this, at this point.”

Less than a month into her college career, she gave a speech in Comm 210, a class called Fundamentals of Public Speaking, about her sister and about Abby, who would have been sophomores at Delphi Community High School this semester. About how the image of a man walking across the abandoned Monon High Bridge and a recording of a man’s voice saying, “Down the hill” – each found on Libby’s phone – made national news. About how hundreds of investigators from two dozen local, state and federal agencies planted themselves in Delphi for months trying to track a suspect. About how, to this day, police have made no arrests.

And about how, more than a year after Abby and Libby were killed, German made herself a social media contact for the case, doing everything from guiding would-be tipsters to the proper authorities to posting a photo of the tattoo she got on her back in the spring, spelling out Libby’s name, followed by: “I can’t see you, but I can feel you.”

“Anything to keep the story alive,” German said.

https://www.jconline.com/story/opin...er-does-anything-keep-story-alive/1436172002/

kdg411, Steve, spike and 4 others like this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

It just astounds me that with a voice on tape and picture being released to the public that this guy hasn't been caught. I'm not criticizing the police, you'd just think with so much publicity someone would know the guy.

kdg411, Steve, patsella and 5 others like this.
  20. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

BBM- I couldn't agree more SheWho. I think he believes he got away with it. In the Elizabeth Smart case they didn't want
    to release some info to public but John Walsh did anyway and within days she was found.
    I think it's time to release more, at least enough to help catch this creep who will do this to someone else if not caught.
    Obviously what they have released so far has not been helpful in catching the person who murdered these two little girls.
    Just my thoughts on the matter.