1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Liberty German, 13, and Abigail Williams, 14, Murdered While Hiking - Carroll Co, Indiana *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

The Indiana police have now gone from "We want to know if he saw anything" to " He is a POI" to "He is a suspect" to saying " We are going to arrest this guy".

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Which doesn't really help, IMO. Drives him deeper. May scare any of his family or friends away from reporting anything.
    Hopefully someone does still come forward. It took a few days for Michael Devlin's coworkers to put things together and report him in regards to Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby, IIRC.

3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

presser this morning

~ confirmed the photo of the suspect was from the girl's cell

~ released a very short audio clip of suspect saying "(get) down the hill."

~ not willing to reveal more audio/video recovered from phone

4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Very smart girl to record him. Good thing he didn't notice and take/destroy the phone.
    Good job, Libby. They'll catch him because of the clues you left. Video and audio evidence!

"The audio quality is not superb, but there's enough there that somebody could recognize this person's voice," said Capt. Dave Bursten, Chief Public Information Officer for the Indiana State Police. "If you hear this today, and you think, my God, that sounds like fill in the blank, call us. Make an anonymous tip. Tell us who you think it is. Let us investigate it. If it's not the right person, they'll just be out a little time and they'll be cleared and they can go along and they'll never know you called. But you may tell us who the right person was, and you could be the person that helps us to solve this horrible crime."

Police say the photo circulating of the suspect was also taken from Libby's phone. They would not confirm the voice on the audio was of the man in the photo. They remain tight lipped on the investigation as to not give away any information to the suspect or suspects.

"I understand there is info you would like to get into the media but as you know, we have information that is germane to our investigation to keep close to the vest," Sgt. Tony Slocum with the Indiana State Police said. "This investigation is too important to make any mistakes and give out the wrong information."

Police say Libby started recording video on her phone, but they won't give many more details than that.

They wouldn't say the length of the video, when she started recording, what else is heard or if there is any usable video along with it, but they do say there is more to it.

But one thing they can say for certain is that Libby's sense to turn on her phone could play a big part in finding their killer.

"This young lady is a hero," Slocum said. "There's no doubt. To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur, there's no doubt that young lady is a hero."

However, the audio clip has left more questions than answers, including how the girls met the suspect.

"One of two things happened," Bursten said. "That was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely but it's possible. Or, that person knew they were going to be there. That's possible as well. Those are things we're looking into."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Police-release-audio-connected-to-slain-Delphi-teens-414497113.html

patsella, Kimster, Paradise and 8 others like this.
  7. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

8. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

At least two "take aways" here...

Could be more than one suspect...

It could have been a person(s) who knew they would be there...

All... JMO...

9. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Maybe someone they met online? Maybe they thought it would be a teen boy?

10. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

That's what I was thinking.

How often did they go hiking on this trail? Was this a common thing for them?

Kimster, Paradise, Ladyslug and 6 others like this.
  11. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

FBI using billboards for tips in killings of 2 Indiana teens

DELPHI, Ind. – The FBI is using electronic billboards across Indiana to seek information in the killings of two teenage girls slain during a hiking trip, a federal agent said Thursday.

FBI Supervisory Special Agent Robert Ramsey said several companies are working with the agency to use their digital billboards to solicit tips in the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

He said the billboards are displaying photos of the teens, an image of a man considered the main suspect in the killings, and a telephone tip line to enable authorities to spread "the widest blanket possible" in generating tips.

read more ...... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/23/fbi-using-billboards-for-tips-in-killings-2-indiana-teens.html

12. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Police receive 1,900 tips in Delphi case after releasing audio clip

Wednesday, police held a press conference to release a very quick, two second audio clip recorded by Libby German before she and Abby Williams were killed. The result; 1,900 new tips to follow up on. Before the release, police had received 2,000 tips, nearly doubling the total after one day.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...ase-after-releasing-audio-clip-414659983.html

NOCLUE, Steve, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Hopeful the answer is among the new tips! Get this bad guy off the streets!

Trouble is ~ people think 1st of all the Weird Harolds around town. CW readers have learned the perp may look just like the man next door, a relative, the guy at the grocery, a SS teacher or somebody's uncle.

NOCLUE, Steve, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wow. They have quite the task ahead of them.
    I'm very glad people are calling in tips. But I wish people would only call if #1 the guy looks like the photo and/or #2 his voice sounds like the audio. Not just because, like @noZme said, the guy is "creepy".
    That one needed tip must be in there somewhere. But with all the thousands to sort through, it could be a while before they get to it.
    But I have full faith that LE will thoroughly investigate each and every one.

walkie-talkie, NOCLUE, spike and 5 others like this.
  15. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

A family member may be more willing to come forward if they know the cops are interested in the guy for actually doing it. I think most of the time the police know what they're doing. They're being very careful in the release of information here.

walkie-talkie, NOCLUE, spike and 4 others like this.
  16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Similarities between Indiana murders & Lyric and Elizabeth

".. eerily similar to the case involving the Evansdale cousins, Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, who went missing in July of 2012.

Their bodies were found months later by a couple of hunters at Seven Bridges Park in Bremer County.

Years later, no arrests have been made.

Both sets of young girls on trails by themselves, kidnapped, murdered, and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month.

An Indiana community reeling with the news; another states away and years later still healing."

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/...s-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

17. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Are there any other 2 girls going missing or murdered at the same time ?

18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

@Ladyslug
    I don't know. Lyric & Lizzie were kidnapped from the greenway where they had been riding bikes & then located miles away. I do not remember a determination whether they died there or had been dropped off or how long they may have been held. Does anyone recall?

Libby & Abby were apparently taken from the trail, down to a more remote spot by the creek & killed the same day.

I do not lean toward a connection other than young friends, over-powered & killed. I cannot allow myself to think what took place in between.

I'm also not inclined to think there is no significance in July 13 & Feb 13. Couldn't that be a statistical happenstance? I would see more correlation in both killings happening in the same month.

I hope & pray for justice ~ killers should be plucked from amongst us before more children die. And personally, I would like to see hard labor ~ taking lives, destroying families deserves more than sitting aroung watching tv & waiting for the next meal to be served.

19. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

corrected:
    I'm also not inclined to think there is significance in July 13 & Feb 13.

will I ever learn to proofread?

walkie-talkie, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  20. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Here is a very (IMO) thorough report of the AW and LG case...

I have just posted (below) the headings in the article...

But there is interesting information...

And it is consolidated in one article...

:reading:

***********************:candle:*******************************:candle:***************************

Details, Photos, Videos & Timeline Of Abigail Williams And Liberty German's Murder In Delphi | YourTango

Heartbreaking Details About The Murders Of Liberty German And Abigail Williams, Who Recorded Their Killer Prior To Their Deaths

1. Timeline of events in the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German that took place on February 13, 2017.

2. Timeline of the search operations and law enforcement communication that took place on February 14, 2017.

3. Details, information and press conference in the days after the murder of Abby and Libby.

4. Press conference.

5. Police release recording of suspect saying "down the hill" taken from a video from Liberty German's phone.

6. Video showing the timeline of the crime, locations, and photo edits.

7. The Delphi community comes together to help the families of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

8. Information leading to the arrest of the killer is needed!

If you are interested in following the case and learning up-to-the-minute details and theories, there are two closed Facebook groups to follow (you just have to request to join):

(Much, much more at link above...)