1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Liberty German, 13, and Abigail Williams, 14, Murdered While Hiking - Carroll Co, Indiana *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I believe LE is very close to solving this. Pray for them every night.

Whatsnext, Kimster, noZme and 3 others like this.
  2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I’ve heard that the original sketch resembles someone close to the case who has been cleared definitively, though I won’t go looking out of respect for that person.

What occurred to me today is that it’s been said the famous Unabomber sketch turned out to be incorrect (not Ted Kaczynski) because the witness unconsciously ended up describing the sketch artist from the first time they were interviewed! The first sketch they did, actually looked like the Unabomber in real life. Just speculation, of course - perhaps that first sketch is not of Bridge Guy but of that innocent person. And perhaps they helped with the search at some point, and seen by the witness in this case.

Or, the first sketch is just someone unconnected. One thing we can probably agree on from all the unfortunate side-by-sides is that the sketch resembles a LOT of people.

Skitt, Whatsnext, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

So...where did the second person come from? Is there a partner involved that we haven't heard about until now? Or are they just saying it's a different guy as an investigation tactic?

Where are they getting the sketch info from? I was under the impression that they were working off of the videos from the girls. Although I guess that's never been explicitly stated. Do they have other witnesses that saw a suspect in the area as well? Possible. But the obvious more reliable info would come from the video.

Neither sketch looks like what I would envision from the video, though. Not saying that it's not. But when I look at the sketches and look at the video/pics of the suspect I don't connect them at all.

Skitt, Whatsnext, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I agree! The video is blurry but it doesn’t seem like either of the sketches. Maybe the prominent nose resembles the sketch, but not much else. And the new sketch? Who knows.

I believe it was stated this week that the “new” sketch was originally drawn 2 years ago. If true, it wouldn’t seem to be from new information.

Skitt, Whatsnext, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Two different people.
    Two perps?

They must have some odd, specific information that ties all of this together.
    The presser dialog was peculiar...as if addressing the perp/perps.

Just find him/them.
    Justice for these families and protection for our children and communities.

Skitt, Whatsnext, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  6. Cochise55

Cochise55 New Member

Hi - I'm new. Just wanted to say I've joined because of this case. Although I'm a UK citizen I lived five years in CT and take an interest in US cases. For some reason, even though there are other cases that are maybe more horrific, this one makes my blood boil. I do hope they are close to nabbing this scrote.

7. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

:welcome:

This case has indeed grabbed a lot of attention. Let's hope that law enforcement knows a lot more than they're telling us.

Skitt, Whatsnext, noZme and 4 others like this.
  8. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I think they do know a lot more, from what they said at the presser. It sounded like they want a specific person to destroy the perp's fake alibi that they already know is fake.

noZme, Whatsnext, Steve and 3 others like this.
  9. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

:welcome:

We have a couple of Brits here and someone from Ireland I think. So you're not alone across the pond. :cheering:

Skitt, Sunburst, Whatsnext and 4 others like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Hi Cochise ~ welcome to Crimewatchers!

kdg411, Skitt, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Nothing new but I am so confused.

Meanwhile, I wonder what happened to the man (early poi) who owned the property that backed up to the bridge & where the girls were found. Remember he had the cute little dog & got into a bit of trouble with the law for driving w/o a license?

Skitt, Whatsnext, MrsS and 5 others like this.
  12. spike

spike Bronze Member

He was jailed for a period of time, then I never heard anything more.
    Anybody else??

Skitt, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 4 others like this.
  13. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Welcome! Nice to meet you! :waving:

Skitt, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  14. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Ron Logan...he was sentenced to 2 yrs for violating conditions of his probation/parole. However, on 1/16/18 he was granted a modified sentence to gps monitoring and home confinement. Nothing beyond that is available.

HTH

Skitt, Kimster, Steve and 5 others like this.
  15. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

TONIGHT in 20 Minutes

HLN special on this 8 PM Eastern

16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Thanks!

kdg411, spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Thank you. Most Cable channels will re-run shows like this again after midnight, nope, not HLN. :mad: The search function for other airings isn't working for me now. :gaah:

Kimster, kdg411, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I didn't even get home until almost 9:00.

Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  19. spike

spike Bronze Member

HEART ATTACK.

Cousin Dupree and Kimster like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Once again.

Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch

A week after Indiana State Police released the newest public clues in the investigation into the February 2017 murders Delphi teens Libby German and Abby Williams, the Carroll County sheriff was sounding a familiar warning to amateur sleuths chasing the case.

The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office posted this Tuesday morning on Facebook:

“Please STOP posting side-by-side pictures of people you think did this. You are ruining innocent people’s lives. Before posting a side by side, imagine that is your son, brother, or father.

“If you have a tip, we have given you the proper way to report it.

abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786. “

This isn’t the first time state or local law enforcement has felt the need to ask the public to stand down when speculating about specific people they believe might be tied to Abby and Libby’s deaths, a high-profile case that has commanded national media attention and inspired a handful of active social media discussion sites dedicated to dissecting evidence and theories.

“I know the heart of these folks – or at least I feel I know – is in the right place, and they’re only trying to help,” Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the J&C Tuesday. “I’d venture a guess that daily, or every other day, we see something brought out to this effect.”

On April 24, the sheriff’s office had this initial warning on Facebook: “If you post a picture or names on this page in reference to the Abby Libby case it will be deleted and you will be banned. We have given you the proper way to report tips.”

That post, along with Tuesday’s from the sheriff, has been reposted by several of Abby and Libby’s family members.

Was there post the pushed the sheriff to issue Tuesday’s follow-up plea on Tuesday?

“I wouldn’t say there was anything specific,” Leazenby said. “There’s just been too many. … How many times have we said, ‘Knock it off?’ I understand what they’re doing, but I might as well be talking to the block wall in this office.”

ISP reported more than 1,000 new tips in less than 24 hours after the April 22 announcement, made in front of dozens of local, state and national media outlets at the Delphi Canal Center. That was on top of some 37,000 tips in the case reported at the two-year anniversary of Abby and Libby’s deaths.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...posting-side-side-photos-suspects/3626626002/

Skitt, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 4 others like this.