1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Liberty German, 13, and Abigail Williams, 14, Murdered While Hiking - Carroll Co, Indiana *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Interesting possibility!

:thinking:

spike, Ladyslug and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

One comment I agree with is that they should have searched all night. I don't know that it would have made a difference, and the coroner will probably release TOD in time, but what if they were still alive in the night?

spike, Ladyslug, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Even if not, the longer this monster had to get further away from town and cover his tracks, the harder it will be to find him (unless he ends up leaving more evidence). It would have been better to find them sooner regardless of their condition simply so the investigation could be launched. So heartbreaking for these girls, their families, and the officers who have probably seen/heard something awful recorded on that phone.

If the phone was found intact (not taken by monster) and if the battery went dead as was suggested during the search... it may have been recording a lot of evidence. I wonder what prompted Libby to begin the video where the monster's walking towards them on the train tracks. One doesn't normally take video of strangers for no reason.

spike, Kimster, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  5. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

He may have lured them there by catfishing them as a teenage boy. When she saw it wasn't maybe she started recording. Just an idea.

Steve, spike, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  6. Kimster

7. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I apologize if I've mentioned this before...

The fact that this perp took on TWO victims...
    (This indicates "confidence" to me...)

And his uncanny ability to elude LE/searchers/etc....

among other details...

leads me to believe that this is a seasoned criminal...one who has committed similar crimes in the past...
    (Though he most probably has escalated from lower level to higher level crimes...)

I am wondering if records from past crimes will be able to reveal matches in DNA, fingerprints, etc?

Or has he just been able to avoid detection before?

JMO...

:thinking:

Ping Pong, Steve, spike and 5 others like this.
  8. Kimster

I think he was very confident, also. I really want to know how he got them both to comply, given the fact Liberty was brave enough to record him.

9. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Maybe she was already recording when they happened upon him? Maybe they were recording themselves for fun and it just happened to be on when they were approached by this man?

10. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Police investigating murder of two teenagers release video clip from victim’s phone

Police investigating the murder of two girls in Indiana have released a video clip from one of the victim’s phones.

In the audio from the recording, the words, “down the hill”, can be heard in a deep voice.

................... snip .........................

Investigators believe the recording was made as criminal behaviour was about to take place and it is thought other evidence had also been recovered from the phone.

"Libby had the presence of mind to turn on her video camera," Indiana State Police spokesman Capt. David Bursten said. He also described Liberty as a "hero", ABC news reported.

Indiana State Police also released a photograph of their primary suspect, who was spotted on a nature trail around the time the two teenagers disappeared.

read more .......... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...lliams-video-clip-victims-phone-a7598676.html

11. Kimster

DELPHI, Ind. — Authorities say the reward in the killings of two northern Indiana teenage girls is nearing $100,000.

State Police say donations from the public and businesses had boosted to $96,000 the reward for information leading to an arrest or arrests in the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

Police also said Monday they’ve received about 8,800 tips in the murders.

http://www.bcdemocrat.com/2017/02/27/in-missing-teens-indiana-3/

12. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Obviously LE is very busy with 8800 tips!

Wow!
    fran

13. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

I hope they catch this guy! :(

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...eading-to-an-arrest-in-case-of-murdered-girls
    Delphi, Indiana: Reward increased to $96,000 for information leading to arrest in murder of girls
    In an effort to encourage more tips on the case, a $41,000 reward was announced last Wednesday. It increased the following day to $50,000 with a donation from the office of U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita.

The reward increased once more on Monday to $96,000. Indiana State Police say the Ball Corporation in Monticello donated $5,000 and an anonymous donor gave $5,000. The remaining $45,000 came from donations from the public and businesses.

Steve, spike, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  14. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/26/larger-headquarters-for-delphi-girls-deaths-investigation/
    Larger headquarters for Delphi girls’ deaths investigation

Investigators have moved to a larger headquarters as they work on finding who killed two teenage girls near a northern Indiana hiking trail.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says investigators relocated Saturday from Delphi’s municipal building to the Carroll County REMC building.

Leazenby tells the (Lafayette) Journal & Courier the new location provides more room as police review thousands of tips into the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

Kimster, Steve, spike and 4 others like this.
  15. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

This dude is probably sweating heavily. He'd be better off turning himself into the cops rather than let the townspeople get their hands on him.

Steve, spike, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  16. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

It only takes one tip out of 8800 to nail the POS.......

Steve, spike, Cousin Dupree and 4 others like this.
  17. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I keep hoping to open up this page and find "Arrest" at the top. There is no way that this one goes unsolved.

Steve, Ladyslug, spike and 5 others like this.
  18. Kimster

Same here. At least one of those tips has to be the one that cracks this case.

NOCLUE, Steve, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  19. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

About that DNA and the laws of Indiana. On my soapbox again:

Indiana is NOT part of Katie's law: http://www.dnasaves.org/us-dna-laws/
    Which means: they only take DNA upon conviction. IF he'd been arrested before and out on bail awaiting trial = they are out of luck with DNA. IF he was arrested and out on bail in KY or WV or even absconded = out of luck on DNA. ONLY CONVICTIONS in those nearby states!

Indiana NOW has decided to get 'er done. http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/house-a...to-be-taken-from-those-arrested-for-felonies/

It shouldn't take the unfortunate death of 2 little girls to get your local state authorities to pass a law that protects the innocent and helps get a guilty person OFF the streets.

Off my soapbox. :gaah:

Ping Pong, spike, noZme and 3 others like this.
  20. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Forgot to add: the SCOTUS declared Katie's law constitutional. Jayann (Katie's mom) has worked tirelessly across our 50 states and lobbied the US Congress:

spike, noZme, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.