1. WISCONSIN: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who was determined to be missing after her parents were found murdered in Barron, WI.
    There is currently no suspect or vehicle information, but Jayme's life is believed to be in extreme danger.
    Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LINDSEY BAUM: Missing from McCleary, WA - 26 June 2009 - Age 10 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 15, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

On June 26, 2009, 10 year old Lindsey Baum was walking home from her friend's house around 9:15 pm. She never made it home. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of her. Several persons of interest have been identified, but no concrete evidence has been found to tie anyone to Lindsey's disappearance.

[​IMG]

http://findlindseybaum.com/
    NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1125977
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2542
    Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baum_lindsey.html
    Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/lindsey-baum-missing-from-mccleary-wa.4/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...all-in-that-tip-now-no-matter-how-small.4111/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2018
    NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 5 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

TIMELINE

Friday, June 26th, 2009

Lindsey and a group of friends go swimming during the early evening
    8:19 pm - Lindsey and friends are seen in a video store
    8:25 pm - Lindsey and friend MK leave store, walk to Lindsey's house to see if one can sleep over at the other's house
    8:45 pm - Lindsey, her brother Josh, and MK leave for MK's house - At some point there is an altercation between Josh and Lindsey about a bicycle; Josh goes home
    9:00 - Lindsey and MK arrive at MK's house - Lindsey told she cannot stay the night and leaves to walk home
    9:15 pm - Lindsey seen walking home by two different residents, about halfway between the houses - LAST TIME SEEN
    10:00 pm - Lindsey's mom starts looking for her on foot (car broken down)
    10:30 pm - MK's mom joins the search with car
    10:45 pm - Police called, Lindsey reported missing

Lily, MULDER, spike and 4 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Person of interest identified in Lindsey Baum disappearance

Investigators identified a local jewelry store owner Thursday as a person of interest in the June 2009 disappearance of Lindsey Baum - but the store owner himself denies having anything to do with it.

Tim Hartman, owner of Hartman's Jewelry and Repair in McCleary, admits he "unintentionally" gave false information to authorities about his whereabouts on the night Lindsey vanished.

[snip]

The video shows Hartman making a purchase in the store at about the same time Lindsey vanished, around 9:15 p.m. on June 26, 2009. Hartman had previously told investigators he wasn't in McCleary at that time.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

NOCLUE, Lily, MULDER and 7 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Thank you for adding Lindsey! My heart goes out to her mom and the community who loves her and wants to find her! Do we know how her mom is doing? Is she still living in the area?

NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 7 others like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I haven't seen her in over a year, but I think she's doing about as you'd expect. I don't think she's still in McCleary, but still in the general area, yes.

NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 6 others like this.
  6. Scoobie

Scoobie Director Staff Member

Oh my gosh, how pretty she looks in those age progression photos.

Dearest Lindsey, I send prayers up daily that you will be allowed to come home and back to those that love and miss you. May the angels watch over you always.

NOCLUE, spike, MULDER and 5 others like this.
  7. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I was sure her disappearance would be quickly solved. :(
    I pray she will one day be found.

NOCLUE, spike, MULDER and 3 others like this.
  8. Scoobie

It should have been. Not sure what went wrong there :(

NOCLUE, spike, MULDER and 4 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

A post from Lindsey's mother Melissa:

6 years ago today, some awful person stole my little girl. She was 10 years old and had just finished 5th grade. 11 days from now she will turn 17. We should be getting senior pictures taken, working on college applications and looking forward to her high school graduation. But none of these things are happening because someone felt they had a right to snatch her off the street in the middle of town in broad daylight, yet nobody saw nothing!

Read more -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379

NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 7 others like this.
  10. Kimster

:vigil: :vigil: :vigil:

[​IMG]
    www.examiner.com

She should also be getting ready for the Fourth of July festivities - RIGHT NOW!

Lindsey deserves JUSTICE!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    NOCLUE, spike, MULDER and 4 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Lindsey Baum case contact information updated

The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office says the contact information for the Lindsey Baum case has been updated.

The Sheriff’s Office says Detective Keith Peterson has now been assigned to the investigation and continues to follow-up on leads.

http://www.kxro.com/lindsey-baum-case-contact-information-updated/

[​IMG]

NOCLUE, Lily, MULDER and 5 others like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Lindsey Baum’s mom still has hope

More than six years later, the unsolved disappearance has exacted a terrible toll on Lindsey’s loved ones, and the truth has proven so elusive that police investigators can’t even say whether Lindsey is alive or dead. But her mother, Melissa Baum, and Keith Peterson, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office detective who now leads the investigation, are nowhere near giving up on th search.

“There’s not a day that goes by that we don’t look at some aspect of it... I consider it very active, and consider it something I hope to work on the rest of my career,” Peterson said in early September.

In July 2010, they searched the house of a 47-year-old McCleary man whose statements to police had proven inconsistent. In 2012, they took a hard look at a local store owner. In February 2014, tipsters said that a skull found in a crab pot near Grays Harbor bar belonged to Lindsey, but it didn’t match her DNA. In November 2014, police arrested the head of an Aberdeen non-profit children’s organization on suspicion of child rape and molestation. He too was investigated, but in the end, no suspects have ever been named.

These days, police are fairly confident that Lindsey didn’t run away, but they can’t say for sure whether she was the victim of abduction, or an accident.

“There are just so many variables because there’s no real evidence of what happened to her. The sky is the limit, as far as what could have potentially happened to her,” Peterson explained.

Peterson and his colleagues still have some working theories. They are still adding names to the list of persons of interest, and there are several people who have never been completely cleared.

For at least the first five years, she felt too paralyzed by grief to function.

“My memory from that period is very patchy. I didn’t feel anything. I was numb. It was like a state of shock,” Baum reflected. She’s doing a bit better now. She has begun working again, in a garden center — something she really enjoys. She has sought counseling, and begun to connect with other parents of missing children — “the club nobody wants to belong to,” as she puts it. The parents talk honestly in online forums. They exchange encouraging emails, and support each other at fundraising and awareness-building events. It helps a lot, Baum said, but it never alleviates the terrible feeling of losing a child.

“You know that feeling when you lose a kid in a grocery store?” Baum asks. “That split second where you’re panicked and you can’t find your kid? That feeling never goes away.”

“If they’re fearful, I would say to let their conscience be their guide and remember that this was a little girl who taken, and remember her mother who has to live with this for the rest of her life,” Peterson said. “Do the right thing. Come forward.”

•••

Have a tip? Call Det. Keith Peterson at 360.964.1731 or email him at KPeterson@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

To report a crime tip anonymously, call CrimeStoppers: 1-800-748-6422

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/local-news/20150915/lindsey-baums-mom-still-has-hope

NOCLUE, Lily, MULDER and 4 others like this.
  13. Kimster

Wow! That description of losing your child in a grocery store is exactly what Kathy Nale says it feels like for her with her daughter and granddaughter missing since 2004.

Be brave! Call in the tip to make the bleeding stop for Lindsey's mom!

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Tumwater event calls attention to missing and exploited children

Law enforcement, identification services and the families of missing children were among those who gathered Sunday at Walmart in Tumwater for Missing Children’s Safety Day, now in its fifth year, an organizer said.

Wecker, a relatively new detective, said he couldn’t talk about the Lindsey Baum case, but her presence could be felt Sunday. The gathering was marked by a trailer that included a large photo of the McCleary girl. Baum, who was 10 at the time of her disappearance, went missing the night of June 26, 2009, as she walked home from a friend’s home. She has not been found.

http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article77808112.html

15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

praying for Lindsay. :candle:

NOCLUE, MULDER, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

HEART. BREAKING. :vigil:

NOCLUE, MULDER, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  17. Scoobie

Dearest Lindsey, I pray you get to come home soon and until then, that the Angels are looking after you, where ever you may be.

NOCLUE, MULDER, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Sunday Marks 7 Years Since Washington Girl Lindsey Baum's Mysterious Disappearance

Lindsey should have graduated from high school last weekend.

Last month, she should have picked out a gown for prom with her mother.

In April she should have been opening college acceptance letters.

But none of those special moments happened, because Lindsey Baum disappeared when she was 10 years old. "Here we are seven years later, and no Lindsey," Melissa Baum told Dateline. "All these memories never got to happen."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold...ington-girl-lindsey-baum-s-mysterious-n599316

NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 5 others like this.
  19. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I'd like to see a repeat of this. I followed this case for a long time. :(

NOCLUE, spike, Lily and 2 others like this.
  20. Kimster

Lindsey' s case makes me cry. Why can't they move forward?

NOCLUE, spike, MULDER and 1 other person like this.