1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LINDSEY BAUM: Missing from McCleary, WA - 26 June 2009 - Age 10 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 15, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

They're doing a dedication ceremony this coming week (26th) as well to dedicate the memorial garden to Lindsey. I'm going to be out of town but hope to be able to swing by and see the park soon. I've heard a lot of people put in a lot of work and it looks great.

Memorial garden for Lindsey Baum to be dedicated in McCleary June 26

The Lindsey Baum memorial garden at Beerbower Park in McCleary will be dedicated at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, 10 years to the day the 10-year-old girl disappeared.

The dedication will begin with a short prayer. Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum, will speak, and local singer-songwriter Ericka Corban will perform.

A plaque was placed in the garden Wednesday. With a picture of Lindsey, it reads: “Like flowers in a garden, bloomed a beautiful child, as peaceful and loving as one could ever find. Echoes of her laughter will always harvest a smile, while her zest for life grows in our hearts for all of time.”

The memorial garden is located near the play area at Beerbower Park, very near the home Lindsey shared with her mother, Melissa, and brother, Josh, at the time of her disappearance.

The centerpiece of the garden will be a bench in the shape of a butterfly, four feet by five feet in size. An anonymous donor paid for the bench which was shipped from the East Coast. Installation will occur just days before the dedication, said Ames.

“The whole idea with the bench is we wanted a place where people could sit and just think, and our biggest goal was for it to be an interactive place for families to sit with their kids,” said Ames. “It could spark some interest in having some difficult but important conversations with your kids, just reminding them to watch out for themselves and friends to make sure things like this don’t happen again.”

The memorial garden took the hard work of volunteers and the cooperation of numerous area businesses and the City of McCleary.

“More than anything it’s the volunteers that have come forward and offered free labor,” said Ames.

https://www.thedailyworld.com/news/...sey-baum-to-be-dedicated-in-mccleary-june-26/

[​IMG]

KareBear, noZme, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That's a beautiful plaque.

KareBear, noZme, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

10 years today.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

KareBear, noZme, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Message from Lindsey’s mother Melissa

❤️We should be celebrating your 21st birthday today. I should be taking you out for your first drink in a bar like my mom did with me. But instead I am mourning the life that was stolen from us both 10 yrs and 11 days ago. There are no words to describe the ache in my soul, for I know of no words that could even come close to describing the pain. You are loved and will be always right here in my heart. ❤️

Happy Birthday Lindsey Jo Baum! 1998-2009 Gone but NEVER FORGOTTEN!

https://www.facebook.com/Justice-For-Lindsey-Baum-139634052750379

KareBear, noZme, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  5. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

What a lovely memorial plaque :candle: RIP Lindsey

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

KareBear, kdg411 and Paradise like this.