1. WISCONSIN: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who was determined to be missing after her parents were found murdered in Barron, WI.
    There is currently no suspect or vehicle information, but Jayme's life is believed to be in extreme danger.
    Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA LINDSEY BAUM: Missing from McCleary, WA - 26 June 2009 - Age 10 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 15, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Was hoping for an update on charges today. *sigh*
    Here is Lindsey's Tree of Hope from a few days ago. I haven't gone yet but hope to soon. Maybe this weekend.

[​IMG]

Saddened, NOCLUE, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  2. Jezzabel

Jezzabel Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the jewelry guy other than his statements made to police. Is there anything more compelling about him? I think he was married? Lying to a wife?

The statement about DG needing a ride due to his car breaking down and asking a girlfriend for a ride back to McCleary. That was in Ellensburg.

Far Away Eyes, NOCLUE, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I believe Hartman is married. Articles about his jewelry shop moving mention a woman with his last name as well. I wonder what her accounts are of his movements that night. She hasn't been mentioned much, if at all. His Facebook (not going to link it) also says he's married.
    He seems to have pretty firm roots in western Washington (Tacoma, McCleary, Shelton).
    He's been my personal #1 suspect for a long time. But with this new info on where Lindsey was found...I'm just not sure anymore.

Golder definitely has ties to the area Lindsey was found. I wonder how close this female friend lived to the area she was found. It's not really an area one would find by simply taking an exit off the interstate.
    Interesting that his "car broke down". Wonder if they've verified that or if it was taken to a shop? Perhaps it just smelled.

Saddened, NOCLUE, Scoobie and 5 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I dismissed Golder a long time ago when they did all those searches and then made a statement that jewelry guy was a POI. But because of where Lindsey was found, he has risen to the top of my POI list.

Saddened, NOCLUE, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  5. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Golder is #1 on my list since recovery of Lindsey's remains. Evidence points to him. But, can't shake my suspicions of Hartman. He was definitely trying to conceal that he was in McCleary when Lindsey disappeared. Then, there's the fact Lindsey was last seen between the places of employment for both DG (who was seen near there although he didn't work that night) and TH.

I've been working through a couple of theories in my mind:

#1: TH saw Lindsey near the jewelry store on her way home. He confronted her. Possibly did something to hurt her as DG happened along. TH offered DG, who only worked sporadically at the Beehive and was suspended without pay from his camp job, money to take Lindsey "off his hands." DG was happy to comply not only for the money but because he's also a pedophile.

#2: TH had nothing directly to do with Lindsey's kidnapping and murder, but witnessed DG kidnapping her. Because of his low estimation of local children, he said nothing to authorities and later didn't want authorities to know he witnessed a crime and didn't report it, so denied he was even in the area.

Just my humble opinion, but I can't help but think they're both somehow involved.

Far Away Eyes, spike, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

DG has a new court date for 6/1. He's still in custody. Apparently on charges stemming from an old warrant (2016?), drug and firearm possession. http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/Sheriff/Documents/JailRegister/JailRegister.pdf

His brother posted a video on Facebook of DG being tased for trying to fight officers as they arrested him.

Interesting that they just recently arrested him on this seemingly old warrant. Suspects are often brought in on "unrelated" charges until the actual case against them can be put together.

Or, it could really be unrelated.

spike, NOCLUE, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  7. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

This is what I've been thinking.
    Maybe he resisted arrest because he thought he was being arrested for murder (or was this before the news of remains being found)? :dunno:

NOCLUE, spike and Kimster like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

He was arrested on May 9. The public announcement was made on May 10.

Far Away Eyes, NOCLUE, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  9. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Ah, right. If they were just looking for something to hold him on until they could announce that Lindsey had been found and bring charges against him in her murder, that makes sense. They didn't want to give him a chance to flee.

10. Jezzabel

He's being held on $100K total for the two charges. That seems high but not at 10%. The firearm charge has up to a 10 year sentence plus fine. The drug charge might be transporting an illegal substance but need to read the statute. They want him really bad it appears. He could just be a menace to the town. He's still at the top of the list.

GOLDER, DALE ALLEN BK #: 228189 Date Booked: 5/9/2018 Date/Time Booked: 5/9/2018 5:30:00PM Court Cause #: 18-1-267-14 Court: Superior Court
    Statute: 69.50.000 - VUCSA Felony Offense: Warrant Arrest
    Offense Disposition: Bondable Bail Set Bail Amount: 50,000.00
    Date/Time Booked: 5/9/2018 5:30:00PM Court Cause #: 18-1-267-14 Court: Superior Court
    SOffense Disposition: Bondable Bail Set Bail Amount: 50,000.00 S
    tatute: 9.41.040(1)(b) - Unlawful Poss of Firearm 2 Offense: Warrant Arrest

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/Sheriff/Documents/JailRegister/JailRegister.pdf

NOCLUE, Akoya, spike and 3 others like this.
  11. Jezzabel

Just started reading his court documents. His problems started a long time ago. That's DG. He has been picked up a few times on warrants in that case. They were looking for him it reads to me from 5/8/09 until August 09. That case is from 2005. Goes on until 2011. Owed money to someone. Status is fully satisfied on 2011 and active again in 2013. Second link has him getting drug treatment instead of sentencing him. It just continues on and on. Warrants, drugs, treatment, no gun possession & started reading a dv case from 2005 continuing until 2010 so far. There are 18 cases I thought I was wrong because his name was not on the court record but it's 18! All happening before or after Lindsey's disappearance. Multiple records stating no guns. Too many to read tonight.

(Sentenced By: JUDGE LARRY E MCKEEMAN; Prison Serve: Y; Sentence Description: 2ND DEG ESCAPE:17 MOS PRISON;CR FOR TIME SERVED;DNA TESTING;INELIGIBLE TO; POSSESS FIREARMS; 8/30/10: IMPOSE 10 DAYS JAIL TO RUN CONCURRENT TO OTHER; CREDIT FOR ALL DAYS; SERVED; PAYMENTS ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL RESTITUION IN 98-1-02270-6 IS PAID.; )

Again, ineligible to possess fire arms. Same case as 2005 above.
    • 07/19/2013 Notice of Ineligibility to Possess a Firearm

Comment
      -: NOTICE INELIGIBLE POSSESS FIREARM;

• 07/19/2013 Order to Surrender Weapon

Comment
      -: ORDER TO SURRENDER WEAPON;

• 08/12/2013 Report

Comment
      39: DOSA/RISK ASSESSMENT REPORT;

https://odysseyportal.courts.wa.gov/ODYPORTAL/Home/WorkspaceMode?p=0

NOCLUE, Akoya, spike and 3 others like this.
  12. Kimster

Did you happen to see any kind of assault charges, or bodily charges against a person?

NOCLUE, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  13. Jezzabel

Not yet Kimster. But I did see restraining orders in the DV case. Definitely not a Sunshine State for records.

14. Kimster

I know what you mean on that one! Oregon is even worse, IMO!

spike, NOCLUE, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kimster

As I was reading the following article, I kept wishing they'd find Cody Haynes while searching the area. :vigil:

On Monday, Sheriff Scott said he was not at liberty to discuss what, if anything, was found during Saturday’s search. He added, “Sometimes not finding something helps us as much as finding something.”

Scott said a complete search of the area, described by Myers as “steep, heavily timbered with large cliffs and deep ravines,” will take some time.

“While we have a good portion of the immediate area searched, there is still a large area remaining to be searched,” said Scott. He said weather can play a factor but a favorable forecast means investigators will probably return to the area “sooner rather than later.”

http://www.thedailyworld.com/news/i...dsey-baums-remains-were-discovered-last-fall/

NOCLUE, spike, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  16. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Well, the person that is responsible has had months to go scour the area of anything. Why was this not considered a crime scene when her body - any body for that matter - was found? I will never understand this. Not in this day and age.

NOCLUE, spike, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Cody is the main reason I'm so surprised that these remains weren't a little higher on the priority scale. Even if you don't think it's Lindsey, Cody is an 11-year-old child missing from the area for 13 years.

Saddened, NOCLUE, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  18. Kimster

From anything I've ever been told or read, they can tell quickly if they are children's remains. Yes indeed they should have scoured the area immediately. What the heck is going on?

19. Scoobie

Scoobie Director Staff Member

Dear Lindsey - I am so glad you are home. May you rest in peace in the comfort of your family.

20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Press Release – 5/19/18

Additional forensic search closes Manastash area

Today and tomorrow, the Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office is overseeing an additional multi-agency forensic search in connection to skeletal remains that were found in the fall of 2017 in the Manastash area of Kittitas County. DNA testing on the remains identified them to be those of Lindsey Baum, a 10-year-old girl last seen on June 26, 2009, in McCleary, WA, on her way home from a friend’s house.

Approximately 240 personnel consisting of volunteers and law enforcement officials are assisting in the large scale search, which covers approximately two square miles and is located roughly 20 miles west of Ellensburg. The search area is described as steep, heavily timbered with large cliffs and deep ravines.

The Manastash recreation area, specifically FS Road 3100, will remain closed at Barber Springs and Buck Meadows through the weekend due to the search. The Sheriff’s Office will provide an update regarding the closure early next week.

“We greatly appreciate the public’s cooperation and patience with the road and area closures,” Undersheriff Clay Myers said. “The preservation and discovery of evidence is of utmost importance in this case to increase the opportunity for a successful conclusion.”

This weekend’s search involves personnel from 17 counties across the state, including Kittitas, King, Chelan, Mason, Yakima, Spokane, Ferry, Whatcom, Snohomish, Klickitat, Pierce, Thurston, Cowlitz, Clark, Grays Harbor, Walla Walla and Clallam counties, and the Mountain Wave Search and Rescue team from the Portland, Oregon area.

The Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office is working in conjunction with the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office and the FBI. Grays Harbor S.O. and the FBI continue to lead the investigation into Baum’s disappearance.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to call the tip line at 360-964-1799, or email baumtips@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

https://www.facebook.com/KittitasCountySheriff/

upload_2018-5-19_9-24-47.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-19_9-25-3.jpeg

Kimster, Uno2Much and spike like this.